SmileyMonster16
HumbleAfrican

School Uniforms Should Not Be Enforced

SmileyMonster16

Pro

School uniforms should not be allowed for the following: They violate first amendment, we should have the choice of what to wear everyday. Schools believe it solves everything, and that's not true. Does it improve grades? No! Those students will remain the same and continue not to do hmwk. I believe that SCHOOL can not ACCEPT our DIFFERENCES! It's true, and they think we have no class, not true! We are simply expressing ourselves and schools think of us as a weird generation. If you think that's weird, look at our schools, they believe UNIFORMS ELIMINATE BULLYING. Well, not true, because those bullies can compare you and point out other things about you! Also, another things is gangs. Gangs are recognized by what they wear, what happens when everyone looks the same? Yeah...gonna be awhile. Plus, people have different styles, not everyone wants to wear skirts and pants and shorts and whatever! Plus think of the girls....just think a SECOND, if they wear skirts and shorts everyday that equals shaving everyday! NOT FAIR! Who likes walking around and seeing HAIR on a girl's LEG!? No one, and honestly I don't like it on guys either....yuck! You people say uniforms can do all of this and that and it makes you like this! Not true, and they are eliminating DIVERSITY! Like Miss. America, anyone can enter and wear what they want and people don't care if she's black or white, Hispanic or Catholic! Nope they don't care. Plus so what if we have a small hole in our jeans...not going to matter. Stop trying to eliminate diversity! You need to see that its not our fault, the parents SHOULD be supervising their children and what they wear. Both parents work? Hire someone! Hire a nannny! I mean seriously, these parents need to teach us how to buckle our belts, pull down our skirts, and pull up our shirts! EASY FIX! Plus seriously khaki shorts! That's boy shorts, we're not boys! And have you ever bought something from a store and wanted to show it off to your friends! People will love you for you, ripped jeans or leather skirts! If you have no friends (yet) then let clothes be your friend, you should be proud of what you wear it says who you are! And your cool chick! So say no to uniforms! SAY NO! *case closed* for now ........XD
HumbleAfrican

Con

When I was in school my family had less money than the rest of my peers families. I wasn't able to get new shoes or clothes. I had to settle for oversized hand-me-downs. Because of this I was teased and shunned. Clothes have always been a way to show rank and class. Uniforms should be allowed because the even the playing field between students from different socio economic backgrounds. It will help eliminate bullying. Schools with free dress often times turn into fashion shows with students showing up to show off their clothes and see what everyone else has on. Uniforms will eliminate this distraction. Uniforms will promote kids to focus on their education more than their fashion. Showing one's personality and uniqueness through attire is perhaps the crudest way of expression. Its much more enlightening for students to get to know each other and express themselves with their minds. School uniforms also lower the influence of gangs in schools by eliminating their main way of identifying themselves: their colors.
SmileyMonster16

Pro

SmileyMonster16 forfeited this round.
HumbleAfrican

Con

HumbleAfrican forfeited this round.
SmileyMonster16

Pro

SmileyMonster16 forfeited this round.
HumbleAfrican

Con

HumbleAfrican forfeited this round.
SmileyMonster16

Pro

SmileyMonster16 forfeited this round.
HumbleAfrican

Con

HumbleAfrican forfeited this round.
SmileyMonster16

Pro

SmileyMonster16 forfeited this round.
HumbleAfrican

Con

HumbleAfrican forfeited this round.
Posted by donald.keller 2 years ago
donald.keller
This debate is so much crap. Wow.
Posted by SmileyMonster16 2 years ago
SmileyMonster16
I could be a guy or a girl....and you don't need to be rude, it's just an opinion. I'm simply expressing myself. If your going to hate, that's fine but you don't bother me. If you really don't care you wouldn't take the time out of your day to write something that does not offend me.
Posted by TBR 2 years ago
TBR
I'm just begging for some carriage returns in there somewhere.
Posted by AFism 2 years ago
AFism
lol this is the most pointlessly irritating debate I have seen
Posted by TheSymbiote 2 years ago
TheSymbiote
Good one Foxx. U seem cool
Posted by AdmiralFoxx 2 years ago
AdmiralFoxx
SmileyMonster16 is evidently a teenage girl led to anger through her imbalanced hormones. This debate will be an interesting development. I look forward to observing the "intellectual" arguments the Pro shall attempt to put forward.