School Uniforms

First round is acceptance and in the final round is conclusion.

I will be the con for this argument.

I'm going to keep my arguments straight to the point so the voters aren't reading paragraphs of information

Good luck!

My other rules are:

Source: You may NOT use Wikipedia as a source
Conduct: any type of forfeiture results in instant lose of points.

Main Argument 1:

Parents are saving money and better education.

Sub argument 1:

It is a proven fact that kids try to think about what to wear in the morning to get the 'coolest' styles on their wardrobes. Clothing has been a distractionfor pre-teens and teens. Children who come from a less fortunate economic background would not appear to be "lacking" or made fun of because their parents could not afford to buy them the newest trendy garment. As children are very often harassed or embarrassed because of their clothes, uniforms won't be a problem. School uniforms would save time for both parents and their children. Children would not have to think about what to wear in the morning and parents save time taking children shopping and waiting for them to get ready. Schools are meant for education, not for a social calendar.

Kids do think about what they want to wear in the morning.

Now for my disagreements:
-In your main argument you say that the uniforms will give the students better education. Which is definitely not true. Clothing cannot magically help someone have better education.
-Clothing doesn't matter to bullies. They person will still get bullied even if they do wear the uniform. It's more of hygiene/physical/mental abilities that attract a bully.
-Buying uniforms does not save money. It's actually a burden for poor families. If you think about it, they'll buy two versions of the uniform at the least. The parents will also have to buy out of school clothes too. Since kids wouldn't want to wear the school uniform outside of class I am assuming.
-Schools are partly made for socialization, if it weren't then they wouldn't have other kids learn with each other. They wouldn't have lunch with each other. They wouldn't have clubs, extracurricular activities and sports for them to participate in. That's why homeschooled kids end up with social disabilities when they are thrown into the real world.

My main argument:
-Kids should have the right to be their own individual, by dressing the way they please to find and express their own personality.

Main Argument 2:

School Garments

Sub Argument 2:

At the end of the day school is primarily a place of learning. The garments worn should be reflective of that. Clothing should be respectful and conservative falling in the lines of the schools dress code. There are many constraints already placed on ones.Any sort of gang related identity or markings would not be an issue. In addition baggy clothing to used to hide weapons, drugs or pregnancy would make the lives of teens more transparent and less hidden from adults.
School garment

InfiniteBears forfeited this round.

Sorry for your forfeiture. Anyway, this is the conclusion round so...

Conclusion: I think that there should be school uniforms.

Sorry I couldn't get my round in I was busy with friends and family.

-Dress code
noun : a set of rules about what clothing may and may not be worn at a school, office, restaurant, etc.
not varying or changing : staying the same at all times, in all places, or for all parts or members.

As you can see, the two words are different.

You made a statement talking about dress code. Not uniforms.
"Clothing should be respectful and conservative falling in the lines of the schools dress code."

1 lenient dress code would restrict students from wearing provocative or adult profanity on the clothes, but still would give the students freedom on what they want to wear to school.
2 People shouldn't be held against their will to wear a uniform.
3 School is for education, not whether or not your shirt is tucked in or you have the right crest on your collar
4 Uniforms aren't the answer to respectful clothing. They constrain the endless possibilities of what a person can express and it doesn't build the individuals personality.
Posted by johnrevula 2 years ago
As you can see in people's votes, Beastmode1126 inadvertently gave his 7 points for Pro while he explicitly stated his opinion in the comment to be opposite: "Reasons for voting decision: I don't think that there should any school uniforms, period". Two members of this website who have voters status, could fix this by giving 14 points for Con. I am concerned because i am against school uniforms.
Vote Placed by KingDebater 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Con forfeited, but his arguments were better. He established the truth of four statements that proved him right.