Listener-Reciprocator
Epicism

School Uniforms

Epicism

Listener-Reciprocator

Con

I'm not going to sugar coat my position on this matter; public schools have no place forcing a student to wear a uniform. I feel that students should be granted upon their own discretion the prerogative to wear whatever in their arsenal or friends wardrobe within reason.
SSATTP
(Short, Sweet, And To The Point)
Epicism

Pro

I will defend that School uniforms aren't horrible and "forceful" as my opponent says. I know many of you would like to vote for the con without reading the arguments but please do, as I am wishing for a challenge by debating in this... akward position.

Experts believe that children who wear school uniforms do better academically. This is due to a myriad of reasons, including not wasting time in the morning getting ready, lack of distractions, and a more formal studying environment.

School uniformsuniformsuniforms may significantly reduce peer pressure. With students not having to worry about their looks, fitting in not longer becomes the main worry in kid's lives. School uniforms may also provide a way out for poor children who otherwise couldn't keep up with the trends and would face ridicule or pressure from other children, so don't just think of yourselves. You may be able to "express yourselves" but what about the people who never had a chance, who can't afford to? Put yourself in their position before irrationaly attacking school uniforms as unjustified.

Also, your not forced to do anything. If you hate the school that much maybe you should have asked for a zone switch application, or in other words sign up for a different school.

If your area doesn't provide zone switches and your absolutely stuck in that school, whats so bad about sucking it up for a few years? 4 years Vs. the hopefully 70ish you have left, is it that horrible? I'm sorry to say that this is a childish argument with all due respect and not implying you are childish. School uniforms weren't made to strip away your "image" and unless everyone in the school has the same personality/ are clones, I really doubt it's that hard to "express yourself" unless your just not trying. It's very pitiful to know that we've been lowered to a level where clothes are the only things supposedly that can express ourselves according to Cons argument.

If you agree with Con, your agreeing that you cant put forth the effort to project your own image, and that if you wear the same thing as your classmates that your all the same and have no individual status/ personality.

I thank Con for this interesting debate!
Listener-Reciprocator

Con

Listener-Reciprocator forfeited this round.
Epicism

Pro

Epicism forfeited this round.
Listener-Reciprocator

Con

Epicism

Pro

Sorry I was gone last week..

Since no rebutals have been made just extend my points;

School uniforms may significantly reduce peer pressure. With students not having to worry about their looks, fitting in not longer becomes the main worry in kid's lives. School uniforms may also provide a way out for poor children who otherwise couldn't keep up with the trends and would face ridicule or pressure from other children, so don't just think of yourselves. You may be able to "express yourselves" but what about the people who never had a chance, who can't afford to? Put yourself in their position before irrationaly attacking school uniforms as unjustified.

Also another point;

Schools use uniforms to lower the chances of people sneaking weapons into school, it's for your own saftey!

I urge you to vote Pro, my opponent has never put forth any reason why uniforms are bad except for his own opinion.

Thank you!
Posted by RoyLatham 7 years ago
RoyLatham
My bad, I confused Pro and Con. Con, Listener-Reciprocator, made no case.
Posted by rangersfootballclub 7 years ago
rangersfootballclub
children should have to wear uniforms , it means all children are equal and cant eb dicrimnated agaisnt for their clothes and that it has also been proven to improve behaviour.
Posted by RoyLatham 7 years ago
RoyLatham
Pro made no case at all; he merely expressed his feelings. Con would have won had he said nothing, but he made good points that were not answered.

I debated this topic and that debate may provide useful material if the topic comes up again. http://www.debate.org...
Vote Placed by rougeagent21 7 years ago
rougeagent21
Listener-ReciprocatorEpicismTied
Vote Placed by Epicism 7 years ago
Epicism
Listener-ReciprocatorEpicismTied
Vote Placed by RoyLatham 7 years ago
RoyLatham
Listener-ReciprocatorEpicismTied