Theargumentstarter
Jesspark1224

School Uniforms

Theargumentstarter

Con

I say no to uniforms because kids cant learn to express themselves if the are wearing uniforms. I get that it saves time and money. But uniforms are still expensive. We should all say no to uniforms i understand if it is a private school. There should at least be a couple times in a week where they don't have to wear their uniforms.
Jesspark1224

Pro

The previous speaker said...
"I say no to uniforms because kids cant learn to express themselves if the are wearing uniforms. I get that it saves time and money. But uniforms are still expensive. We should all say no to uniforms i understand if it is a private school. There should at least be a couple times in a week where they don't have to wear their uniforms."

So, hello ladies and gentlemen, and most honorable online adjudicators, today in this topic 'School Uniforms', I am strongly proposing today's debate. First, let me go into the rebuttals.

The opponent's first point was that school uniforms can't let kids learn to express themselves. Well, I can't say exactly no to this argument. Yes, it would be right. School uniforms are same within one school, and this might kill the unique characters of each children. However, let's think in another perspective. You go to school, and notice one guy wearing a super-duper expensive clothes (such as CHA*EL or GUZ*I or something ^_^ ) which made your jaws drop. However, let's just think that you are underprivileged. You will be greatly depressed, and even be discriminated. Not being unique may be lethal to creativity, but it is more worthy to narrow the gap between the rich and poor, and protect the underprivileged students.

The opponent's next point was that it is expensive. Well, ladies and gentlemen, actually school uniforms are just buying a pair of 'a little bit expensive clothes', and moreover, in some schools including my school (I live in South Korea), gives financial support to the ones who can't afford these clothes. It is more worthy to make balance within the school, not thinking about the price of school unifroms, I think.

The next point of my opponent was actually incomprehensible; but to summarize, it was saying that there should be alternatives that students will be able to wear whatever they want. OK, i'll rebut to it a little bit.

Now, moving on to my arguments. ONLINE ADJUDICATORS, DON'T FALL ASLEEP! :)
First, school uniforms maintains the "BALANCE" in schools. As I said in the rebuttals to the opponent's 1st and 2nd arguments, I have proved why it is more worthy to think about the poor students who can't afford the school uniforms rather than thinking of the unique characteristics and the price of school uniforms.

My next point, is that it gives something called 'sense of belonging'. Just think of the situation if you went out a field trip. You see all the students in each different clothes running around if you don't use school uniforms. Oh god, how can you think that you are 'belonged' in a group called a school? However, in the case of school uniforms, you can easily notice who is your school mates and who are not, and moreover, you'll feel that you are belonged in a group, sense of belonging.

Now, let me mention my last argument, and also the rebuttal to the opponent's last argument. The opponent said about other alternatives. Well, I can also say about that! Let's just make students wear school uniforms, and then let them wear private clothes, and anyway allow school uniforms! That's completely my argument!

Ladies and gentlemen, most honorable adjudicators, today in my postings, I proved why the opponent's all arguments were false, and established my 3 arguments. Because of these reasons, I'm REALLY PROUD TO PROPOSE. Thank you.
Theargumentstarter

Con

Theargumentstarter forfeited this round.
Jesspark1224

Pro

Oh... since my respectful opponent forfeited this round, I'd also forfeit this round, with recapitulating my arguments.

My argument is...
1) That it gives balance between students.
2) That it gives 'sense of belonging'.
3) To give other alternatives
Theargumentstarter

Con

Sometimes it helps kid fit in but most of the time they feel worse. Kids find a way to make fun of them because don't have the nicest version of the sweater or there skirt is crooked. It really doesn't give them a sense of belonging. To give other alternitives. Like what? And I end this round.
Jesspark1224

Pro

Jesspark1224 forfeited this round.
Theargumentstarter

Con

Jesspark1224

Pro

Jesspark1224 forfeited this round.