ktenns98
jenny64

School for teenagers should be moved later in the day.

ktenns98

ktenns98

Pro

High school should be moved later in the day because teenagers tend to sleep later, then wake up later. Many students are doing poorly in school, because they are just too tired to keep there eyes open in the daytime. Having this change could help teens accomplish more in there education.
jenny64

Con

if they move time later, actually noting will change at all. because teenager will sleep later then before
and they might get more tried. so i think if teens sleep earlyer, then the problem of the students working will be sloved.
ktenns98

Pro

It is in a teenager's nature to sleep later then other age groups, and to keep the school's start time would result in more students earning inappropriate grades. Out of all age groups, teenagers need the most sleep (about 11 hours) and so if they wake up later for school, they will arrive well rested and healthy. Moving the school start time, 1-2 hours later could give everyone an advantage. The time when students leave would also be moved later in the day, so students would arrive at home in time for dinner, then they would have after dinner to complete their homework.
jenny64

Con

teenager needs to have rest. if they come late at home then they have to do they're homework. after they finish it, then no time to enjoy their freedom. so i think it will be better to not change the time. then they can play and rest, and it can make better working at school.
ktenns98

Pro

after they finish it, then no time to enjoy their freedom" That is what weekends are for. That's when they can play and rest, and maybe an occasional day when they don't have any homework. And yes exactly, teenagers NEED rest to accomplish many thing in their educational life. If they sleep late, and wake up early, that will definitely not be helping. We cannot force teens to go to sleep at a certain time, but we can act on what time they have to go to school.
jenny64

Con

well, you're right. but they cannot only rest at weekend, and teens usually have many homework so they actually can't
rest really well. the problem of teen's sleeping late is not the big deal at all. if they just sleep earlyer it really doesn't matter. and i said it before but i am telling you again that if the time change, they will sleep later than before because they will think they have more time to rest. so, it is better to not chage the time.
ktenns98

Pro

The weekend is given for a time of rest. It is when students can relax, socialize and have a break, which they deserve after all the work they have done over the week. When they arrive at their house, they can have dinner, then they have a couple hours for homework, and a bit of rest. And yes we cannot stop teens from sleeping late, that is exactly why I am saying, that school should be moved later, so that students will be able to gain more sleep in the morning. They will understand that we are giving they a chance to gain more sleep and if they are smart they will take that chance. I find it very unlikely that they would fall asleep later than usual just because of the time change in school.
jenny64

Con

i think they will fall asleep later because they have more time to rest. at weekend, they always fall alseep later than usual, so it can be worst. i know some doesn't, but almost every other people is use to it. and the most important thing to teenager is time of rest. waking up early at the moring is hard and tried and i kind of agree that teenager's need more time. however, i think it will be better because they have more free time at afternoon
Posted by PolitelyDisagreeable 4 years ago
PolitelyDisagreeable
Since I do not t have three debates, I will put my vote here. The spelling and grammar of both parties was rather bad and was very hard to read. Since there was no evidence given, I will give some of my own. Due to extenuating circumstances, I had to go to highschool at night. We started at around 2 in the afternoon and I did not get home until 7. I found the most people we much better rested and could pay much more attention. Having school at that time allowed for everyone to be able to eat before school and to wake up when they wished.

However, this made it hard for many to participate in after-school activities. It also took away their time with their families, due to the normal working hours being in the morning. There are much better ways to deal with the early school times, such as disciplined sleep schedule. I go to bed at 9:30 every night, and it helps me to be awake for the rest of the school day.

Granted, my example was extreme. However, I think that it is only an extreme displacement of school hours that will accommodate trend of staying up late at night and getting up later. Because of this, I don't think there is much (or any) benefit to starting schools later.
Vote Placed by yuiru 4 years ago
yuiru
ktenns98jenny64Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Horrible debate, it's like someone talking to themselves. Grammars is bad. No sources. No conduct. Pro gets arguments because con was just less convincing. Arguments are generally not very supported though.
Vote Placed by baseballkid 4 years ago
baseballkid
ktenns98jenny64Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Learn how to write please. At least us the spellcheck that DDO gives you.
Vote Placed by Torvald 4 years ago
Torvald
ktenns98jenny64Tied
Reasons for voting decision: This...was a really stupid debate... Neither Pro nor Con brought up any of the legitimate points on the subject, and both argued only by dancing around, trying to whack each other with opinions. No factual support whatsoever. Neither party had any idea what they were doing. New or not, I don't care what you are; you should be able to back yourself up, and neither of these clowns came close. The only reason I didn't award a tie down the middle is because Con was even less literate than Pro.
Vote Placed by BobbyYaz 4 years ago
BobbyYaz
ktenns98jenny64Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Teenagers need sleep, early morning schooling gets in the way of that