School is good

Accept then debate!

i acccept thiss debate with 2niijacatr. Good luk bud,, youll kneed it!@ haha@

1. An institution for educating children.
  2. Any institution at which instruction is given in a particular discipline.
  3. A group of people, particularly writers, artists, or philosophers, sharing similar ideas or methods.
  4. (At Oxford University) the hall in which final examinations are held.

School is cherished by 2nd world countries more than 1st world onse. Education is valued as it increases your likeliness to get a job. Getting a job means money, money meaning you can thrive and survive. Life is all about money and trying to live off what you have. You need to start off some where and that some where is here.

Here are some obvious reasons why school and education is good for you according to

-Friends. I can’t think of anything more luxurious than spending every day with my friends. When you leave school, meeting up with even one friend can take a lot of organising.
-Free knowledge. My school was free: it cost me and my parents £0. £0 for English, Maths, Geography, History, Art, and lots of other subjects. What a bargain! Learning can be really expensive when you leave school -- especially in the UK, where university has now become almost as expensive as buying a little house.

-Uniform. In England, school kids wear a uniform to school. Mine was blue. It wasn’t fashionable or particularly flattering, but it saved a lot of time in the mornings. Now it takes me ages to decide what to wear.

-Short days. My school days sometimes felt very long but they were, in fact, very short. The school day started at 9 and finished at 15.30. I used to think of ‘home time’ as the beginning of the evening, but nowadays I think of 15.30 as the middle of the afternoon.

-Exercise. I’m not very good at sport, and I don’t really like it. But at school, sport was compulsory -- twice a week we had to play netball, hockey, rounders, etc. I now realise that this was a good thing! Without compulsory sport, you become very lazy...

-Bunsen burners. Unless you become a scientist, it’s unlikely that you will encounter Bunsen burners (or, indeed, other pieces of scientific equipment) in your post-school life. What a shame!

-Holidays. Christmas, Easter, Half-term, and, of course, the jackpot: the summer holidays. There was always a holiday to look forwards to at school. Time to ride your bike, to sit around watching films, to have sleepovers, and then the last day to do your homework.

-Teachers. Believe it or not, I miss teachers. Okay, so they give homework and they make you stick to the rules. But they also share their knowledge with you and help you get to the right answer. When you no longer have teachers, you have to find the answers all by yourself!

-Resources. School had all the resources I could have asked for: books and paper and glue and paint and bats and balls. If I now wanted to make, for example, a papier mache, I would have to spend all day shopping for the ‘ingredients.’

- Not-knowing-what’s-coming-next. I never really knew what I would 'do' or ‘be’ after school, but it was okay: The Grand Future was far away in the distance – filled with all sorts of different paths and possibilities.

School is where friendships are made, knowledge is created and life skills learnt.

Tigerpowerpaws forfeited this round.

2ninjacat forfeited this round.

Tigerpowerpaws forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by Diqiucun_Cunmin 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Both parties FFed, but Pro's arguments, while variable in terms of quality, were the only ones present. Con did not put forward a single argument to support his case and, as such, loses.