School needs to teach students real life skills

I feel that our schools aren't teaching enough skill students are going to use in real life. Instead they are taught useless algebra and calculus.

These students needs to be taught about:

The Punishments of Crimes
Punishments of breaking the law
How to pay bills
How to by houses
How to pay taxes
How to vote
How to start a business
Ect... You know where I'm going

The subjects listed above would be useful"if teachers are able to teach them successfully. But most often, they do not. The CEO of a certain company (I recall it may have been PayPal) once argued that there was no need for a student to obtain post-secondary education regarding the "soft sciences" " economics, psychology... " because the course load was easy, the teachers simply had little to teach. I would not go so far as to ban these subjects, but I had to recognize that most students gain little from their period in university if these subjects are taken.
I have seen many interview questions from banks such as Manulife and BMO. These questions are directly related to mathematics, and not on economics. Studying mathematics can enhance logic. Newton"s method in engineering, mole ratios in chemistry, and binary code in computer science" almost the entire modern world is built upon mathematics, and the fundamental concepts of algebra. Starting a business itself is related to risk analysis, risk analysis to statistics, and statistics to calculus.
Jobs in America are already skewed. There are too many lawyers, and not enough engineers. We need more movers and shakers like Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg, Larry Page, instead of more lawyers, who for the sake of protectionism, make the law and tax system more complicated, and hamper innovation at every turn. These people did not learn business in university; rather they learned from their experiences and found their ways through life.
We do need school to teach us these basic concepts. Let them teach us other things that are useful, such as calculus and algebra.

radicaalllll forfeited this round.

wxyz2000 forfeited this round.
Posted by radicaalllll 2 years ago
I got bored guys
Posted by PeacefulChaos 2 years ago
As a student, I disagree with Pro.

I'd love to challenge you on this debate, but I can't right now due to exams. Perhaps later in May or in the summer.
Posted by tricolight 2 years ago
I agree with you one hundred percent it's making kids compleatly unprepared for life to learn nothing of what actually makes the financial machine of adult life tick
Vote Placed by Greedav 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's forfeiture gained Con the conduct and argument points.