Volg
Elord

School prepares us for the future

Elord

Volg

Con

Hello my friend,
First of all, I am secondary school student. I will defend "School doesn't prepare us for the future" Because of I got bad experience and I tell you. In my school, I chose language class but it wasn't opened and they throwed me maths-science class. It wasn't even my choice. I tried to go another school which has language class. But There is no school has language class. And I have been studying maths-science. After all, I can't be what i want. With such a system, How they can prepare me for the future?

That's my case. Thank you
Elord

Pro

I would like to accept this debate on whether schools prepare us for the future.
Now my opponent has given me anecdotal evidence why the education system is bad, and I will try to refute his arguments to the best of my ability.
His arguments center around the phrase "Because of I got bad experience." Now that statement is way to narrow to justify that schools don't help students. This is like me claiming that the sun is doesn't help anyone because I got a sunburn from it. My opponent states that he couldn't go to language class and moved him. I'm unsure where he comes from, but at least in the USA, language classes are generally mandatory for middle/high school students. His school may just be lacking in resources, but that's not enough to generalize that the system is bad. Now his next point is how he was put in a class he didn't like, yet nothing in school is truly useless. My opponent claims that he won't go into a math/science field, but you can't stop using math and science. Math teaches abstract thinking, and if someone are at the age that you can't decide their own classes completely, than math is always a good class to take. Science also teaches you to be logical. Both are great generic classes that builds up the mind.
My opponent seems to be attacking the administration, but the education system isn't at fault since they have guidelines that everyone has to meet.

http://www.ncssfl.org...
http://www.scholastic.com...

My arguments
1. School builds a great foundation.
2. Schools help create better citizens.
As I am running out of time, I will explain my arguments much fo
Volg

Con

Volg forfeited this round.
Elord

Pro

Elord forfeited this round.
Volg

Con

Volg forfeited this round.
Elord

Pro

Elord forfeited this round.
Posted by Elord 1 year ago
Elord
Vote Pro!!!
Vote Placed by kman100 1 year ago
kman100
VolgElordTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con's case was entirely anecdotal, which pro pointed out. Pro was able to fully demolish cons case using superior evidence and reasoning. Pro also used sources, while con did not