randommonkey.uk
Lawson_HD

School uniform should be discontinued

randommonkey.uk

Con

The opponent shall be saying that school uniform should be discontinued.
I think that school uniform is a good thing. People are less likely to be bullied because of what they are wearing, and are more likely to be late for school if they are choosing what to wear.
You also have a sense of belonging if you are together- wearing the same thing.
Up to you to continue the debate!
Lawson_HD

Pro

I like some uniforms but the current ones should be discontinued and we should get new ones like ones made of cotton and silk that dont rip but yes thats a fantasy so we should discontinue them until new ones are made 💟
randommonkey.uk

Con

randommonkey.uk forfeited this round.
Lawson_HD

Pro

Chicken how dare you forfeit!!!!
randommonkey.uk

Con

I only forfeited it because I took too long to think up my carefully crafted answer. I did not choose to forfeit it.
In a way, you are sort of agreeing with me by saying that if you change the fabric of the uniform, it would be fine.
I know there are comments that people will still be bullied, and, it's true, they will, but not because of what they are wearing (ie if it clashes, if it is not the latest trend)
I think that the main page thing is that it makes people look and feel like a group, and it encourages teamwork.
Lawson_HD

Pro

Lawson_HD forfeited this round.
randommonkey.uk

Con

Interesting, so you now forfeited!
Please may you make some other points as for what to say because the last two rounds have just been me posting.
School uniform also identifies people, like on a school trip, people could just say "They are wearing this uniform," rather than people having to remember exactly what the person is wearing.
Also, having school uniform is a good fundraiser for the school as well. As well as getting the parents to pay for the uniform, they can raise money by having non school uniform days!
Lawson_HD

Pro

i like donut do u like donut? Such debate. Much win.
Posted by cerbspanda 2 years ago
cerbspanda
Students would still be bullied just as much as when they're not wearing school uniforms. The first reason would be based on the cleanliness of the uniform -- bullies could make fun of them if it's dirty; how they look in it -- if they're overweight or whatever. Children are creative and clever. They'll find ways to bully them regarding their uniforms. Thought I should point that out.