Teemo
SheldonCooper

School uniforms should be banned.

Teemo

Teemo

Con

I have seen you debating this with baus and I find it unfair you only gave him 15 minutes. Also, you just copy pasted from your previous round. Because of this injustice, I challenge you to the same debate. You will be arguing that school uniforms should be banned. BoP is on you.

Rules:

1. first round you introduce your opening statements, last round you write no more than "no round as agreed upon". This gives us an equal amount of rounds.

2. no plagiarism

3. no using the same argument from other debates, or previous rounds in this debate. When I say this, I mean no copy pasting other arguments you have already done.

4. No profanity

Breaking any rules will result in a 7 point deduction. The first rule only applies to pro.
SheldonCooper

Pro

Welcome temmo I heavily apologize im a newcomer I dont really know much but I love law and poltics.And I really truly am sorry for the inconvinice with baus. Moving on my first point

1st.School uniforms should be banned because children and teens would like creativity in there lives that includes when they dress for school
2nd.Is it illegal for a student to dress freely.I know all about uniforms and yes it preven6ts alot of mishaps but i t restrains individuality.
3rd.Do you want to wear the same thing everyday?
4th.Bullies will still call you names regardless of the shirt or pants and the #1 rule is dont care about what they say

(Note for my opponet I am extremly sorry for what happened)
Teemo

Con

REFUTATIONS

"1st.School uniforms should be banned because children and teens would like creativity in there lives that includes when they dress for school"

False. You fail to meet your BoP, you can't prove that children and teens like creativity. In fact, various students despise art class, one of the main classes for creativity. People even write blogs about how they hate art school. [1] This is already rpoof not everyone likes creativity. Also, barely anyone even expresses their creativity through clothing, except for cosplaying of course. If they did express it through clothing, they are ignorant snobs. Some people can't afford "good" clothing, does that mean they can't express themselves? Of course not. Clothing is one of the few ways people express themselves, and people barely even do it through that. There are thousands of other much more effective ways to express oneself.

Also, killing people is a way for people to expres their creativity, does that mean we should make it legal? No! Sexual assault and assasination is a creative thing, do we make those things legal? Once again no.

"Is it illegal for a student to dress freely.I know all about uniforms and yes it preven6ts alot of mishaps but i t restrains individuality."

In some cases, it is illegal. For example, you can't go to school in nothing but a bikini. Uniforms do infact prevent mishaps, and innapropriate clothing.

"Do you want to wear the same thing everyday?"

I honestly wouldn't care. Either way, this isn't a valid reason to ban uniforms.

"Bullies will still call you names regardless of the shirt or pants and the #1 rule is dont care about what they say"

A large portion of bullying is due to appearance, this includes clothing. More than half of school girls get bullied due to appearance. [2]. Having uniforms, of course we don't stop bullying, but we diminish it.

--------------

So far, there are no valid reasons to which why school uniforms should be banned.

SheldonCooper

Pro

Temmo you fail to realize that the topic is suppose to say school uniforms should not be banned.Regardless if you refute my points you yourself have failed to state any points.If you were as intelligent as you seemed you would have put points.Now the win is mine. (Note: Temmo you say assasination is creative only in the eyes of a killer.You again fail at stating the point.)
Freedom of speech regardless you got off point how do you know most people dont like creativity.And if they dont then at least the do not have to wear the exact same thing everyday.My point about bulling is that weather you have ripped jeans or silk trousers you will still be made fun of about the following: the way your face looks,your hair looks,your look (in general),or a yo mama joke.My point is that bullies will always find something to make fun of weather its your clothes of not.Am I right I am creative and analytical but I still dont want to wear the same thing everyday.
Teemo

Con

Before beggining, I would like to make some notes. First of all, I apologize for the small font last round, it was an error. Secondly, I also forgot to cite my sources. Here they are:

[1]http://www.lettersofnote.com...
[2]http://www.dailymail.co.uk...

Now to continue on to the debate with this big, readable font.

REFUTATIONS

"Temmo you fail to realize that the topic is suppose to say school uniforms should not be banned.Regardless if you refute my points you yourself have failed to state any points."

There is no need for me to provide any points. You are supposed to make points on why it should be banned since you are the instagator. Me as the contender am only required to refute your points, and explain how they are false.

"If you were as intelligent as you seemed you would have put points.Now the win is mine."

Please refrain from personal attacks. Due to this comment, you have already lost points for conduct. Furthermore, the win isn't yours because I proved your arguments wrong.

"(Note: Temmo you say assasination is creative only in the eyes of a killer.You again fail at stating the point.)"

False, I for one find some methods of assasination quite creative, and I am not a killer.

"Freedom of speech regardless you got off point how do you know most people dont like creativity."

How do I know? Over 1 million results on google of people who hate art and creativity, including myself.

"And if they dont then at least the do not have to wear the exact same thing everyday."

I had a uniform in grade school and I loved it. It is fair to make them wear clothes due to all the benefits they present.

"My point about bulling is that weather you have ripped jeans or silk trousers you will still be made fun of about the following: the way your face looks,your hair looks,your look (in general),or a yo mama joke.My point is that bullies will always find something to make fun of weather its your clothes of not."

Did you even read my argument? I said people will still get bullied. However, with uniforms, 1 method of bullying is gone, so bullying is diminished.

You fail to meet your BoP, and still fail to make any valid argument. I have no need to make any points.
SheldonCooper

Pro

(Note: sorry for the personal attack) 1st again like I said before it is against the first amendment.
2nd I am not saying that everyone has to wear clothes different everyday.
3rd Just the choice of individuality.
Teemo

Con

Once again all points stated are false. Since you are so persistant, I will make arguments underlining the benefits of school uniforms, but first I shall refute.

REFUTATIONS

"1st again like I said before it is against the first amendment."

1st I would like to point out you still fail to meet your BoP. You show no evidence that it goes against the first amendment. Before even explaining how it doesn't go agains the first amendment I would like to point the most obvious thing. Uniforms aren't only in America. Uniforms are worn all over the world, and not every country has the same amendament as America. In fact, few other countries even have amendaments.

Now to continue on to the 1st amendament. Since you failed to meet your BoP, which is already pretty much a loss, I will share mine.The first amendament is the following:

"The First Amendment guarantees freedoms concerning religion, expression, assembly, and the right to petition. It forbids Congress from both promoting one religion over others and also restricting an individual’s religious practices. It guarantees freedom of expression by prohibiting Congress from restricting the press or the rights of individuals to speak freely. It also guarantees the right of citizens to assemble peaceably and to petition their government. " [1]

It guarantees freedoms concerning religion, expression, assembly and the right to petition. It forbids congress for stopping religious practices. It guarantees freedom of expression. In the first amendament, when they speak of freedom of expression, they mean the right to speach. Not expressing yourself through clothing and money. You can tell they speak solely of speach when they say "restricting the press or right of individuals to speak freely". So as you can see, making people wear uniforms is not against the first amendament.

"2nd I am not saying that everyone has to wear clothes different everyday.
3rd Just the choice of individuality."

Neither are valid reasons to prohibit uniforms. Both are biased answers. You need not clothing to express your individuality, you can do so through a variety of other ways such as art and dancing.
------------------------

Since you are so persistant, I will now list reasons why uniforms are beneficial, and shouldn't be removed.

CONTENTION 1: BULLYING PREVENTION

As the source I posted in previous rounds, people are bullied due to their apperance. This not only concernes their physical natural bodies, however the clothes they wear as well. With uniforms, everyone wears the same clothing, and so bullying someone for their clothes is no longer an option. So, one way that people are bullied is completly abolished. So, though it doesn't stop bullying, it weakens it in a way.

CONTENTION 2: MONEY SAVING

An average uniform for everything cost about 200$. [2] The average amount of clothes a household spends on clothing is roughly 2000$. Dividing this into a family of four would result in about 500$ a year. With uniforms, since the majority of the time you wear your uniform, the amount of clothes you buy becomes much less. This will end up costing less money per child so that low income families could afford clothing.

Contention 3: Restricts inapropriate clothing

Yes, there are already school dress codes to prevent this, however the consequences are suddel. However, uniforms are much more serious. Not wearing them could end up in suspension. So, since the consequences are severe, inapropriate clothing will be worn much less.
------------------------------------

As you can see, there is no valid reason to prohibit uniforms. They aid people in saving money, prevent bullying and even inapropriate clothing. Banning uniforms, you are irrationally banning benefits.

[1]http://www.law.cornell.edu...
[2]http://www.statisticbrain.com...
[3]http://money.howstuffworks.com...;
SheldonCooper

Pro

The reasons why we shouldn't have school uniforms are the cost doesn't meet the wadges of families trying to make ends meet.Secondly it doesn't diminish bulling.How is this possible let me explain say I have a blue tie and then I give my opponent the same tie sure the ties are the same but we both look different in the same looking ties.Basically my point is everyone can wear the same clothing but how the look in that clothing is an entirely different story.Also con stated on google there are 1 million people don't care about creativity or art that is not alot there are seven billion people world wide and when viewed from that scale that small compared to seven billion.

REBUTTAL#1
CONTENTION 1: BULLYING PREVENTION is illogical because I could had out a billion people the same suit and i promise you all of them will look different sure IT IS THE SAME UNIFORM but the people wearing them will look different.

REBUTTAL#2
Contention 3: Restricts inapropriate clothing this one is also illogical sure uniforms restrict bad or improper clothing but the one thing is that WHO IN THERE RIGHT MIND COMES TO SCHOOL WITH A BIKINI!!!!!We are humans no nianderthals we know right and wrong.We have proper sense.Cons statement is possibly a derogatory slur calling our species inferior and dumb.And if that's not what it meant then what dos it mean we have common sense to dress correct.We have parents that tell us not to wear a bikini to school or wait they don't tell us that why because we have enough sense to correctley dress.
Teemo

Con

REMINDER! Next round, you are not permitted to write any new argument, or post anything new. You are only permitted to write "thanks for the debate". This allows us to have an equal amount of rounds to debate. Breaking this rule shall result in a 7 point deduction. Do not ask for the rule to be revoked if you break it, because you have been warned.

REBUTTALS

Before beggining, I would like to point something out. Pro only states down sides of uniforms. This itself is not good enough to state a valid reason to ban them. For example, pizza can be unhealthy, does that meen we should ban pizza? No! Just because it has downsides doesn't mean it should be banned.

"The reasons why we shouldn't have school uniforms are the cost doesn't meet the wadges of families trying to make ends meet."

The thing is, with uniforms you aren't immediatly required to pay. You can pay for them at any given time in the year. So, it does meet the wages of these families, and in fact as proven earlier, they cost much less than the average amount you would pay for your child's clothing.

"Secondly it doesn't diminish bulling.How is this possible let me explain say I have a blue tie and then I give my opponent the same tie sure the ties are the same but we both look different in the same looking ties.Basically my point is everyone can wear the same clothing but how the look in that clothing is an entirely different story."

Once again, you fail to properly read my argument. I stated that it diminishes bullying. This occurs because sometimes children get bullied because their clothing isn't "cool". Now with uniforms, no one has cool clothes, so people can't get bullied for their clothing, regardless of how they look in it. So, even though bullying still occurs, it is at least slightly diminished. Also, this still isn't a valid reason to which why we should ban uniforms.

"Also con stated on google there are 1 million people don't care about creativity or art that is not alot there are seven billion people world wide and when viewed from that scale that small compared to seven billion."

Perhaps there are various who care, but there are definitly more who don't care. First of all, a 7th of the population is a huge number. Second of all, more than half of the world is in poverty. They have no time to care about creativity. And so, more people don't care about creativity than those who do.

"BULLYING PREVENTION is illogical because I could had out a billion people the same suit and i promise you all of them will look different sure IT IS THE SAME UNIFORM but the people wearing them will look different."

Refer to previous rebuttal.

"Restricts inapropriate clothing this one is also illogical sure uniforms restrict bad or improper clothing but the one thing is that WHO IN THERE RIGHT MIND COMES TO SCHOOL WITH A BIKINI!!!!!We are humans no nianderthals we know right and wrong.We have proper sense.Cons statement is possibly a derogatory slur calling our species inferior and dumb.And if that's not what it meant then what dos it mean we have common sense to dress correct.We have parents that tell us not to wear a bikini to school or wait they don't tell us that why because we have enough sense to correctley dress."

This is where you are wrong. Since this is a long contention, I shall have a long rebuttal. First of all, regardless if it's a bikini or mini skirt, it is innapropriate. Also, regardless of proper sense, people still wear innapropriat clothing to school. I did not imply our species is dumb, I am implying we make mistakes. And your comment about parents, you honestly have no idea about children and parents in general. First of all, children are very smart, they can easily sneak inapropriate clothing in their bags and change at school. In doing so, parents can't stop them. Here is a little story I found of a fellow parent who experianced I similar dilema.

"My husband and I and are the parents of three wonderful children, but we've been having some issues lately with our 15 year old, our middle child. She continues to wear skirts that are much too short for her, including to school"

"We both have to leave for work early in the morning and rely on our kids to get ready to go to school by themselves in the mornings, and we are unable to verify our children's attire; in fact, we first found out our daughter was wearing miniskirts was when the school called to tell us. "

"I explained to her that when I was growing up, we were in a strict religious community where modesty was a big deal and we were expected to wear skirts that were almost ankle length" [1]

As you can now see, people have jobs. They don't always have time to check on their kids. Also, you can now see kids are good at sneaking things, their parents only found out after the school called them! You also notice that the lady writing this article somewhat had a uniform aswell, and she learned a variety of lessons in doing so, such as respect and modesty.Parents aren't always around, and so kids can easily break rules. However, with uniforms, these rule breaking children will experiance severe consequences, preventing them from breaking it and wearing innapropriate clothing.

--------------------------------------------

At this point, ending our debate, my opponent presents no valid argument whatsoever to which why uniforms should be banned. He/she also drops various of my arguments. Also, he/she has failed to meet any of his/her BoP at all! This is pretty much an automatic loss. I now continue with my final contentions.

CONTENTION 4: OVERALL IMPROVEMENT

Studies show that children overall improve due to uniforms. They tend to not be troublesome out side of school, because due to their uniforms, they can easily be identified. Also, girls enjoy it due to the fact that male counterparts do not offend her, preventing harrasement. [2]

CONTENTION 5: MORE SLEEP

A variety of people choose what they wan't to wear in the morning. This makes them wake up early. With uniforms, this isn't an issue, and so people get more sleep. Sleep is important for a growing body.

CONCLUSION

There is no valid reason to ban uniforms. They have endless benefit, from preventing bullying to improving studies and overall behaviour. They also prevent inapropriate clothing, save money and induce more sleep. It does not go against the first amendament, and does not take away freedom of expression. Banning it is the same as banning pizza.

My opponent has no valid reason whatsoever on why they should be banned, he/she only states the down sides of uniforms in general. They also make false accusations, such as me " calling our species inferior and dumb." and claiming uniforms go against the first amendament.

In addition, they fail to meet any of their BoP, and lack any source of proof whatsoever. I on the other hand have a variety of sources, and BoP isn't even on me.

I explained a variety of reasons why uniforms are beneficial, and proved all my opponent's arguments wrong, whereas they dropped the majority of mine.

Thanks for the debate overall however!

[1]http://parenting.stackexchange.com...

[2]http://www.dailymail.co.uk...

------------------------

And just to warn you once more because I am nice:

SheldonCooper

Pro

Let these chains break and these shackles ripped off I have no regard for you.You are not a judge nor a person.You are a self centered brain scattered twit.You do not dictate this debate.Let these chains be broken school uniforms should be abolished because it is not fitting in the eyes of a few it is not liked by some.What are we going to do kill the people who do not like uniforms.Or maybe just send a hitman to them.Of course not you may like a uniform and others may not you cannot ignore the fact that there are some people who do not like uniforms.The truth is we all have a creative spirit we have just have forgotten it.We all have something to express but uniforms are just average confining you to wear one suit or dress everyday.Come on everyone let us understand as an evolutionary era we all must evolve from just one type of clothing.Voters please note my opponent is a hypocrite giving rules only involving me.Now that is hypocrisy like she is a judge.You know Temmo I finally now what bop means Bumptious Obnoxious prick and that exactly what you are.I do not care about you defending your friend his account is closed there is nothing you can do.FYI Temmo is a twit

Note(Teemo shut it I have no care for your comments)
Posted by 9spaceking 3 years ago
9spaceking
9spaceking=noob examiner/sniper
Teemo=noob assassin
Posted by Teemo 3 years ago
Teemo
Sigh, another raging member on DDO. He has already been reported, and perhaps his account shall be suspended. Allow me to remind you that this website is for fun, not for winning. Personally attacking me results in no benefit whatsoever to either debaters. Furthermore, these rules are commonly used on various debates. This gives us an equal amount of rounds to debate. You had the first word, it is unjust you also now have the last. Because of such, not only are you reported and soon to be removed, but you have also experienced the 7 point deduction, and lost another debate.
Posted by Teemo 3 years ago
Teemo
NOOB KILLAH OP :p
Posted by Slinky5890 3 years ago
Slinky5890
I'm almost scared of posting my first argument in case the scary noob killer Teemo comes along.
Posted by Teemo 3 years ago
Teemo
I have a feeling you never actually red the first amendment.
Vote Placed by Ajab 3 years ago
Ajab
TeemoSheldonCooperTied
Reasons for voting decision: In general this was not a very healthy debate, where none of the sides did both: a. engage the opponent, b. give a solid case. However S's conduct was worse then T's.
Vote Placed by Romanii 3 years ago
Romanii
TeemoSheldonCooperTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro violated the final round rule. Not a very good debate.
Vote Placed by schachdame 3 years ago
schachdame
TeemoSheldonCooperTied
Reasons for voting decision: Deeply disappointed by this debate. Both parties showed low/ no qualities in terms of conduct, arguments and sources. This was equally painful to read; I am not awarding any points, but I am voting, to show, that no party deserves to win.