Anusree2000
beachgirl67

School uniforms should be banned

Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

Anusree2000

Con

This round is acceptance.Voters please don't vote for forfeiture.I am against the notion that school uniforms should be banned
beachgirl67

Pro

I accept your debate.
Anusree2000

Con

Anusree2000 forfeited this round.
beachgirl67

Pro

Since my opponent has forfeited this round, I have nothing to rebuttal against so I will just state my first arguments.

First off, having to wear school uniforms goes against the First Amendment, which gives us the right to express ourselves however we wish. With school uniforms, students lose the opportunity to express themselves through clothes. This is a basic right everyone should have.

Secondly, families have to pay an absurd amount of money to buy these expensive uniforms. A 2012 presentation by North Brunswick Township Public Schools in New Jersey reported the average cost for families to purchase uniforms would be about $300 per student each year. Not to mention families still have to buy regular clothes on top of this for students to wear when not at school.

People for uniforms often state that it helps academic achievement, when this a false claim. I'm going to quote an article here: "A study by Ryan Yeung analyzed student data collected from 1988 to 2004. His research found that although some test scores were higher for schools that required uniforms, in others, scores were actually lower." Therefore, any argument there is invalid.

Source- everydaylife.globalpost.com
Anusree2000

Con

Anusree2000 forfeited this round.
beachgirl67

Pro

beachgirl67 forfeited this round.
Posted by really12 1 year ago
really12
School uniform rules differentiate from school to school and nation to nation.

In America, they are practically redundant. Also, why should school uniforms be banned, a uniform is for the betterment of the school's integrity.

Additionally, uniforms are also for the students' safety and well-being, if uniforms are formally abolished worldwide then what's to stop some students wearing what ever shoes they desire to science class where they may be working with hydrochloric acid.

Finally, uniforms can effectively curb the promiscuity of some students.