PiercedPanda
ericagrace

School uniforms

PiercedPanda

PiercedPanda

Pro

I am challenging con to this debate after seeing her debate of hate. She told me to challenge her, and I believe that this is a decent topic to discuss. I will be in favour of school uniforms, and she will be against such. First round acceptance.
ericagrace

Con

School Uniforms aren't the best because kids can not show their uniqueness, and their differences from everyone else.
PiercedPanda

Pro

Sigh, my opponent does not comprehend debate etiquette. I said first round acceptance, which means first round no arguments are to be presented, you must only write if you accept the challenge or not. Now you have more debate rounds then me, nevertheless I will continue.

Rebuttals:

"School Uniforms aren't the best because kids can not show their uniqueness, and their differences from everyone else."

In doing so, people will not get teased for being different.

Arguments:

First of all, we all understand what school uniforms are. So now I will explain how these school uniforms can better a school.

In using school uniforms, you are preventing bullying. In the U.K. over 50% of school girls bullied are because of their appearance. [1] Appearance include clothing. So if all people in a school were to wear uniforms, it would prevent the amount of bullying significantly because everyone is wearing the same thing. You can't bully someone because of their
clothes if you are wearing the same ones.

Secondly, it would prevent inappropriate clothing in the school. Schools have rules, and sometimes these rules are broken. Some people could go against the clothing requirements, and wear inappropriate clothing to school, exposing skin. With uniforms, you are required to wear them, eliminating the possibility of inappropriate clothing.

Thirdly, it would be cheaper to have 1 piece of clothing than to buy many. With a uniform, you would buy less clothing. IN doing so, you are helping low income families.

Since I am aware of con's short argument, I decided to make mine short as well.

Source:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk...
ericagrace

Con

Uniqueness should be shown and not hidden. Everyone needs to be themselves and not care what everyone else thinks of them. I have no school uniform and everyone loves being themselves. It is how we get to know each other.
Reference: Myself
PiercedPanda

Pro

Rebuttals:

"Uniqueness should be shown and not hidden. Everyone needs to be themselves and not care what everyone else thinks of them. I have no school uniform and everyone loves being themselves. It is how we get to know each other."

You don't need clothing to express your individuality. There are many other ways, like through art. Also, you can show your individuality out of school.

Arguments:

Since kids won't have to choose clothes in the morning, they would be able to get ready faster. This would allow in more sleep, which is better for learning. [1] In having uniforms, children's grades would improve because of the bigger amount of sleep they would achieve.

Also, the amount of peer pressure in school would diminish. People would not have to worry about having specific brands to be superior to others.

And lastly, you could remove clothing related to gangs. This would offer a safer environment in school.

In conclusion, uniforms would better school, and the students learning in it.

source:
1.http://healthysleep.med.harvard.edu...

I would like to remind people that this a quick debate, so I will have short arguments.
ericagrace

Con

When you get out of school you won't have uniform and then you will need to pick the clothes you want to wear. People will just be lazy and pick the same clothes. Also, children do need to be different from their surroundings. They need to learn how to be themselves and not follow their peers.
PiercedPanda

Pro

Rebuttals:

"When you get out of school you won't have uniform and then you will need to pick the clothes you want to wear. "

When you get out of school you go home. Do you really chose a specific outfit to sit on the couch with?

"People will just be lazy and pick the same clothes."

Picking the same clothes does not make you lazy.

"Also, children do need to be different from their surroundings."

Not always, being the same can represent unity.

"They need to learn how to be themselves and not follow their peers."

With uniforms, you don't follow your peers, you follow the rules. With uniforms you learn how to listen to rules. Without uniforms, you would buy what your peers buy, if you actually read my arguments.

Arguments:

With uniforms, it would be easier to understand if a child is in your school or not. Let's say you go on a field trip and your class splits up into 2 groups. Later it will be easier to find the other group because they are easily distinguished by their uniforms.

Con has not addressed ANY of my arguments. I have rendered ALL of her arguments, and created new firm ones. Con has repeated the same main argument with no supporting evidence: Kids need to express themselves. Vote pro.
ericagrace

Con

With uniforms, you don't follow your peers, you follow the rules. With uniforms you learn how to listen to rules. Without uniforms, you would buy what your peers buy, if you actually read my arguments."
Well buddy, when you rebuttal you are not supposed to be disrespectful or you will lose votes.
"Picking the same clothes does not make you lazy."
It tells people that you don't care for hygiene and it does show you are lazy because everyone knows you have more clothes and so do you. If you are just going to choose the same clothes over and over it will bother your surroundings.
Argument:
I agree with my opponent when she said:
"With uniforms, it would be easier to understand if a child is in your school or not. Let's say you go on a field trip and your class splits up into 2 groups. Later it will be easier to find the other group because they are easily distinguished by their uniforms."
But many schools use the same uniforms so one of the kids can wonder off and go into another school group and the teacher won't notice because that student has the same uniform.
PiercedPanda

Pro

Rebuttals:

"Well buddy, when you rebuttal you are not supposed to be disrespectful or you will lose votes."

This is not a valid rebuttal, you did not properly address my argument.

"It tells people that you don't care for hygiene and it does show you are lazy because everyone knows you have more clothes and so do you. If you are just going to choose the same clothes over and over it will bother your surroundings."

It will not bother your surroundings, and your first sentence makes no sense.

"I agree with my opponent when she said:
But many schools use the same uniforms so one of the kids can wonder off and go into another school group and the teacher won't notice because that student has the same uniform."

This is not an argument, this is another rebuttal. Also, you have agreed with me.

Arguments:

I would like to extend all my previous arguments. I would also like to say that Con has had no sources of proof. They have not displayed any sources, or addressed any of my arguments until round 4. VOTE PRO!
ericagrace

Con

ericagrace forfeited this round.
Posted by spiderman12345 2 years ago
spiderman12345
Wow he sent me a request
Posted by STALIN 2 years ago
STALIN
Con you should write more than 3 sentences.
Posted by ericagrace 2 years ago
ericagrace
Are you donee??????
Posted by PiercedPanda 2 years ago
PiercedPanda
hurry up
Posted by PiercedPanda 2 years ago
PiercedPanda
lawlzz
Posted by ericagrace 2 years ago
ericagrace
Patience is something that we should all learn. You should learn as well young one. Some person once told me.
Posted by PiercedPanda 2 years ago
PiercedPanda
Actually, I kinda wanna finish this debate fast to, so hurry up :D
Posted by PiercedPanda 2 years ago
PiercedPanda
Patience is something that we should all learn. You should learn as well young one.
Posted by PiercedPanda 2 years ago
PiercedPanda
Thanks for the support. I am going as easy as possible on con.
Posted by ericagrace 2 years ago
ericagrace
Can we finish this already???????????
Vote Placed by Krazzy_Player 2 years ago
Krazzy_Player
PiercedPandaericagraceTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro made better arguments backed by sources and conduct points for the forfeit by Con.
Vote Placed by urapai 2 years ago
urapai
PiercedPandaericagraceTied
Reasons for voting decision: First of all, con forfeited, giving an automatic win to pro. So pro gets points for conduct. Pro stated better arguments, while con repeated the same one each round. This gives pro points for arguments. And lastly, pro was the only one with sources, reliable or not, he get points for most reliable sources.