asiandoctor
ColonelCitrus

Schools SHOULD make volunteering a requirement to graduate

asiandoctor

Pro

Hello, thanks for accepting my debate! I will be arguing that schools SHOULD make volunteering a requirement to graduate. First round is for ACCEPTANCE. Thanks for joining and good luck!

btw: sorry if i made a mistake
ColonelCitrus

Con

I accept this debate. I will argue that schools should NOT require volunteering as a requirement to graduate.
asiandoctor

Pro

*IF I am doing this correctly...btw please disregard this*

argument:
1) In today's society people are becoming smarter with computers. Why? Because what once took possibly 3 days to find at a library can now be found in 3 seconds.
2)Therefore, students are retaining information at an exponential rate.
3)Because of this rapid growth in students becoming smarter, standarized tests such as the SAT and ACT can longer be a key factor in determing a students potential success.
4)Therefore to establish a student from mediocre students, a policy of volunteering to graduate should be established
5)Not only would this help the individual, but it will also help future job employers and college admissions to have a firm understanding the student's determination in bettering themselves.
6)By volunteering, it will also give the volunteer a sense of pride and accomplishment and help the residents of the community. For example, reading to the blind and cleaning up a park after a natural disaster.
7)In addition to helping the community, volunteering will allow the student to acquire new knowledge. For example, if a student volunteered at a hospital , they can slowly learn about the different types of medication. Another example, if a student volunteered at Kroger as a bagger, it will give the student an insight on whether he or she would want to pursue being a bagger for the rest of his or her life.

*From what I have seen other people do, I believe that ^^ is correct... i hope. I hope to hear your rebuttals! Good luck =P*
ColonelCitrus

Con

ColonelCitrus forfeited this round.
asiandoctor

Pro

asiandoctor forfeited this round.
ColonelCitrus

Con

ColonelCitrus forfeited this round.
Posted by asiandoctor 2 years ago
asiandoctor
crap... i should have added more... what am i doing with my life...='(