Fighter605
Ariesx

Schools Sending Children home for Unnatural Hair Colors. Acceptable?

Fighter605

Con

Children are being banned of creativity now a days. There are a total of probably 7 schools in the US that allow these. Us as children, need to be able to do these things. Most adults say, they can do it after they graduate. No, we can't. We can't get jobs with those things. So, while we're young, we should be allowed to have these for the 4 years of freedom we have until we need to be serious of what we're going to do with our lives.

Unnatural hair color is considered distracting. That statement isn't nessicarily true. Most kids have a social networking account such as Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, or Myspace where they'll most likely post a status or video about them dying their hair. And most likely, the kids will ask before class or after class, not during class while the teacher is talking.

First off, it's not the color that distracts students, it's what HAS the color that's the issue. Textbooks and posters are colored because they want your attention, however, I can tell you from personal experience that nobody looks at the educational posters that teachers have on their walls. Most students are to busy talking to friends or doing school work to pay attention. Now, let's say you do acknowledge the posters. When walking into a new room, most people will look around and acknowledge things, like posters, however, if they go to the same place everyday for the next few months, like people do at school, they will soon completely ignore the posters, because they're normally there.

On another hand, what is my colored hair going to do? Come off my unnatural colored scalp and rip peoples throats out? Is my hair dangerous? Is it going to cause the next school bombing? What the hell does my hair have to do with my education? I mean, I have the freedom to learn and to express my differences. So why is my hair color a problem? My parents spent the money to dye it. My parents agree with me dyeing my hair.

If the principals and super intendants don't like it, don't let your kids do it. Plain and simple.
Ariesx

Pro

I am guessing this will be debate about societal well-being. In this case, it is about high school. I will tell you flat out that when you dye your hair to be yellow, green, or purple you will look like an ideot. If you see Barack Obama dye his hair yellow, he would have not been elected. If George Washington decided to color his hair red, he would not have been our general. Your teachers do not want you to develop these habits because you are in a school. The purpose of schooling is to educate the future generation so they are equipped for the best jobs available. School is not a place for dying hair. You say that you want your freedom for four years. School is not a place of freedom, it is a place for education. Jail is not a place for deciding what color your clothes are, but a place in where you do your time. You also say your hair is not going to do anything. It is not going to rip peoples throats apart, but you still will look like an ideot. If you want to look like an ideot, than that is what America was created for, but don't put it in our schools in where you would just incite others to do the same. It will be inevitable when kids start saying "you're not cool if you don't have this kind of hair dye". Besides you say let us have 4 years of freedom, but if lets just say between 40 and 60% of kids dye their hair, than they would also demand that their colleges or employers give them their rights. Than you would have created an America that every other superpower laughs at.
Fighter605

Con

High school is a time for education, yes. But it is also time for fun. As soon as we leave, we're on our own. Based on your own opinion, I look like an idiot. YOUR opinion is wrong. I gain many compliments on my hair: Which is half emerald, half purple. High is meant for four years of learning, a bit of freedom. As soon as we step out of those doors after graduation, we have to buckle down and do our college time. Which, doesn't allow the hair color. These four years are for us to have fun. They are for us to explore who we are and make the most of it. Whereas, after high school, we have to get jobs and support ourselves. High school is a time for learning, saying goodbye, and being a teenager. Random hair colors don't make anyone look like an idiot. The idiocy in your comment about that, was unnecessary.
Ariesx

Pro

You say that my "opinion" is wrong on hair color making people look like an ideot. Three questions(Why do you think teachers want you to stop coloring your hair, Why can't you get a job with colored hair. Why can't you become the president with colored hair. You say high school is also meant for a bit of freedom, but you can't back it up. Most successful people will agree with me when I say high school is an important time for education, not for freedom.
Fighter605

Con

Those many successful people, were sticks in the mud. This generation is different. Today, everyone wants to fit in and be the same. Why can't we a job with colored hair? Actually we can. Several jobs do allow the hair color, can I name them? Not off of the top of my head. I could become the president with colored hair. It's a matter of the words that come out of my mouth and how I decide to speak, not on my appearance. And if people are making assumptions based on appearance, they need to read the bible, for it is wrong. Why do I think teachers want me to stop coloring my hair? Okay, this question is not at all a question. They don't really care about what we do to ourselves, for its their job to teach us and move on. Not to criticize what we look like. Based on that, the principal is the one you'd need to look out for. High school most certainly is meant for freedom, and education. When you're a teenager, you're supposed to make mistakes, do crazy stuff, and live out the years in which you can express your individuality. You're supposed to have fun before you have to calm down. Adultery is definitely not fun. Being a teenager also teaches you what not to do when you're older. Your argument is invalid, for the color of my hair can't stop me from doing anything, especially school.
Ariesx

Pro

Ariesx forfeited this round.
Fighter605

Con

Fighter605 forfeited this round.
Ariesx

Pro

Ariesx forfeited this round.
Fighter605

Con

Fighter605 forfeited this round.
Ariesx

Pro

Ariesx forfeited this round.
Posted by Blooz2 2 years ago
Blooz2
As a person who loves colourful hair, I don't understand how the colourful of my hair disrupts my learning or others learning. I mean if it doesn't go with the uniform then that's one thing but other than that I got nothing:/