harry.egg80
BernardIsosceles

Schools Should Be Able To Use Rats In Their Own Computers

BernardIsosceles has forfeited round #3.
Started: 2/15/2017 Category: Technology
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

harry.egg80

Pro

I personally don't believe in this, but I thought I'd play devil's advocate to get an opponent faster.

Rules:
1) No ad hominem, insults, or personal attacks.
2) This first round will just be for my opponent to accept my debate. Rounds 2-4 will be used as a three round debate

If any of the rules are violated, the voters should vote for the one who didn't violate them in terms of "conduct"
BernardIsosceles

Con

I accept your challenge.
harry.egg80

Pro

I thank my opponent for accepting my challenge.

Let me ask you a question. Your school or work area probably tracking the websites you visit and making sure that you do your work instead of playing a game or anything like that. My question is, why do you care? If you are doing your work it wouldn't matter anyways. The point of a job is that you do work to get money. If you are playing a game then you wouldn't even be doing your job anyways. A rat is only used to make sure that you do your job. The same thing can go for schools. If you are supposed to be writing an essay it wouldn't matter if your teacher/school is using a rat, if you are doing the job and actually learning nothing bad will happen to you.

I hand this over to my opponent.
BernardIsosceles

Con

Let me ask you a question: How can children learn to do their job through anything but experience? I have seen numerous examples of people during my years at school who get disciplined for being rude/not doing work and other things over and over and still doing those things. It's only experiencing freedom on the internet and getting what you need to do done anyway that will teach kids to thrive in the professional world. If you spend all your computer class time watching porn or playing a game, then when you get a bad grade (at least if you want to do better) you learn better. Even if you don't, a teacher could assign an essay and give kids freedom to roam the internet. Those who complete it on time get a reward, and those who don't get immediate disciplinary action. This would be a simulation of the real world, as if you complete a project on time at your job, you get paid. If you don't, you either don't get paid or even get fired.

Handed off. Bernard Out.
harry.egg80

Pro

I do agree with my opponent that it teaches kids about the real world, but this would mean that many kids would fail. Students at younger ages are lucky enough to have parents nudging them to do their work, but if students didn't feel at least a little watched than the freedom might lead to many students slacking off. Plus some jobs do have programs like rats to watch over their employees. If many students fail in their schools then there will be an overload of jobs like garbage men. I think if they feel like someone is watching over them then they will comply more to do work and will be more likely to go to college.

I hand this over to my opponent.
Posted by Mr.Araz 1 year ago
Mr.Araz
Have you not heard of lanschoool
Posted by AdmiralSlaughter 1 year ago
AdmiralSlaughter
Simpler term is remote activated Trojan
Posted by harry.egg80 1 year ago
harry.egg80
A rat is a computer virus that can show you screens of computers. Trace their history and pretty much get any info that they have done. It can even get passwords and account usernames if the person who launched it wanted to.
Posted by CosmoJarvis 1 year ago
CosmoJarvis
What do you mean by "Schools should be able to use rats in their own computers?"