ineedhelp
happywhale

Schools have too many rules. As long as students attend class and complete work they should be allow

ineedhelp

Con

Schools have too many rules. As long as students attend class and complete work they should be allowed to do what they want
happywhale

Pro

Okay, so I'm a bit confused as to what you what schools to allow students to do. If it is something like taking drugs, drinking alcohol, or any other actions deemed illegal by federal and/or state law for minors, then it is a definite no to your proposition. As a student myself, I personally would like to learn in a safe and productive environment where I can compete with other students to further my own learning. This is just not possible in an environment in which illegal activities take place. If this situation is not the case, here is another possible answer to your question.
In the case that you are addressing petty issues such as a school dress code or a probation of the use of electronic devices, then I will respond kindly. First, I must inform you that school is not a prison or a correctional facility. Inmates at a prison are forced to take rehabilitation classes and finish the mandatory work assigned by the prison faculty. This is their predicament until they finally serve their sentence or in some cases, until they die. Assuming that you are a student like myself (attends middle/junior high/high school), you are not under the same circumstances as a prison inmate. School faculty are relatively lenient and have (most of the time) good intentions for their students' academic progress. Since the difference between school and prison is so blatantly obvious, I will move on to describe the pro's of these so-called "unreasonable rules". Before I begin, I would like for you to imagine all the positive outcomes that come out of a school's use of rules. I'm not much of a troublemaker, and I'm assuming you aren't either, but there are many people who would take part in questionable activities if rules were not set in place. Let's face the facts. A school ban of electronics will force people to focus on their tasks and their learning. You and your parent(s)/guardian(s) signed an invisible contract when you decided to attend a public or private school to follow the rules that the school faculty set for you and to invest time and effort into the action of learning new things.
Rules set by the school might seem unfair and unreasonable at first (Trust me... I know what it feels like), but it always has some sort of reasoning behind it. After all, the job of school faculty is to keep children and teens safe and on the right track for future success.
ineedhelp

Con

ineedhelp forfeited this round.
happywhale

Pro

happywhale forfeited this round.
ineedhelp

Con

ineedhelp forfeited this round.
happywhale

Pro

happywhale forfeited this round.
ineedhelp

Con

ineedhelp forfeited this round.
happywhale

Pro

happywhale forfeited this round.