Iamright58
AidanRies

Schools should be abolished

AidanRies

Iamright58

Pro

School is a fu*king waste of time don't go there you will ruin your life , teachers will make you suffer by giving you homework which is useless and you learn nothing, and all the people that say that you need to go to school for your future they are idiots! Fu*k school!
AidanRies

Con

I will argue that school is necessary and should not be abolished.

If school were abolished, then how would we learn anything needed to get a job or to be successful in life? School is necessary in teaching us practical skills that we can use in everyday life. Sure not all people will use trigonometry, but everyone needs to be able to speak a language to communicate, and communicate clearly. Problem solving skills learned in school from various subjests are also necessary for everyday life and some basic level of math is necessary as well. Higher education is important because without there would be no one to work in specialized jobs that need a high level of education, such as a neurosurgeon or biochemist.

Sure parents could be relied on to teach their kids, but not all parents are good teachers and most cannot give children the education a school can, therefore resulting in a dumber population.

As for homework it may seem unnecessary to you, but if you actually take the time to do it you will find that you'll be much more proficient in that subject.
Iamright58

Pro

Look at our wasted society, war , hunger, greed, accidents, School and money are behind that. And Education might be useful ONLY for jobs, but school is not education it is a waste of time because we learn stupid things like 'when was the war of japan?' And if you fail an exam they think your stupid! Who the hell wants to wake up at 6AM to go spend and entire day learning about POETRY or.... FRACTIONS , boooooooooring, !!! All you people who got to school you just want money! Greedy savages
AidanRies

Con

War has been around since the dawn of man. There has always been war and always will be war as long as there's more than one person left on this earth. School and money contribute to a more advanced war, but war itself will never go away. Hunger has no relation to schooling except for the fact that nobody will hire you if you're a dropout, leaving you in poverty. But this is to be expected as employers shouldn't hire people who don't have the skills necessary for the job. Greed has no relation to school but it does to money, which cannot be abolished because as long as there's something people will want they will need a way to pay for it. Accidents are actually prevented by a proper education by educating us on how to act aroud certain machinery and in dangerous situations. It also gives us the education we need to develop safer equipment and methods in completing previously dangerous tasks. Money can be used to buy safety equipment and new, safer machinery. And on subjects like poetry, they may not be necessary but school as a whole is.

And yes, I'm a capitalist who likes to earn a bit of money in life and have nice things. So call me greedy and superficial all you want.
Iamright58

Pro

There you go, you just proved that you are wrong and you have proved to me that you have been brainwashed. You want money because you know you can't resist it! Have you ever been to a school? Please don't tell me you loved it I am sure you hated it , but if you did like it, it means you have been brainwashed! And you have become greedy and a money sucking pig just like everyone else! One day you will loose your money and tell me how school will save you! Nobody cares about you! And what kind of nice things do you want to buy? A robot girlfriend hahaha XD! Stupid Idiot!
AidanRies

Con

Yes, of course I want money, but to my knowledge this debate is not about that topic. And yes, I've been to a school, I'm in highschool right now. No, I don't love it, but I have realized that in order to go anywhere in life, school is necessary. I can't get a decent job otherwise. And you might be right, I might lose all my money, and it most definitely will not matter once I die. But until that day I will do whatever I can to make the most out of my life and that can be made a lot easier with proper schooling. And maybe not many people care about me right now, but in the future, who knows? I could become the CEO of Apple if I get a good education and with a bit of luck. I'm not counting on it but it's a possibility. And nice things? A nice house, a car, whatever the latest and greatest in technology is, and if I can I'd like to move back to NYC, my birth place. Believe it or not, it costs a lot of money to move to NYC, especially Manhattan.

And I ask you this, what do you want to do with your life? What are your goals?
Iamright58

Pro

This is exactly how they want you to think. You have become a slave to money and you think the only way to be successful is by going to school and having a high degree. Your house and your car, you will have to spend at least 25 years of your life to get them, becomes if you buy a cheap car it will be done with in 5 years, as for the house, the cheapest apartments cost over 600 $ and that is if you live alone. Some people have never been to school and they have become billionaires. The whole system is made to trick you. School is only a trap.
As for my goals, one of them would be to prove to people like you that you are wasting your childhood.
AidanRies

Con

You do realize that those billionaires have gone to school? Maybe not college, but school none the less. Unless of course, they inherited it, but that doesn't reflect any of their accomplishments, only their predecessors, who most likely did go to school. And of course houses and cars take 25 years of your life to get because of the amount of money they cost. And considering you can only get your first job, most likely at minimum wage, at 15-16 years old, that's only 10 years. And you still have about 60 years of life left after that.

Did you finish school, or did you drop out of high school? And if you dropped out, how do you expect to get a job that can support yourself and a family? Most high school dropouts live in poverty because nobody wants to hire them due to the fact that they have shown a lack of motivation and don't have the skills necessary for anything other than a minimum wage job.
Iamright58

Pro

The only reason that those people who went to school became successful is because of the way our system is made. If money was given equally, everything would change. And I would like to remind you that I am debating to the fact that SCHOOL should be abolished. When that happens, people will educate themselves there own way and most of the people will be happy and poverty will decrease. Of course, this sounds crazy to a capitalist like you, because all you care about is money and yourself.
AidanRies

Con

If money were given equally, it would have no value. It would be the same thing as nobody having any money. And educating yourself is often highly inneffective for those who lack motivation to do something with their lives, and younger children most certainly cannot "educate themselves". Without schooling there would be few, if any, doctors, scientists, engineers, etc. If you want to waste away in McDonald's that's fine by me, but don't drag society down with you.

Thank you for this...insightful...debate.
Posted by lol101 1 year ago
lol101
@Iamright58, but you just did. Idiot.
Posted by Iamright58 1 year ago
Iamright58
@m4j0rkus4n4g1 , and only a moron would call other people morons.
Posted by ScrinTech 1 year ago
ScrinTech
@PeppermintPenguin ^Kek
Posted by ScrinTech 1 year ago
ScrinTech
Duplicate, sorry about that.
Posted by ScrinTech 1 year ago
ScrinTech
When you think about it @That1User the system used to benefit society does more harm than good nowadays.
Posted by ScrinTech 1 year ago
ScrinTech
Posted by That1User 1 year ago
That1User
People need money in order to buy good and services such as food, water, shelter, electricity. The more education one has, the more money tends to get according to studies, thus standard of living increases. People don't like money for money's sake, they like money because of what it provides, things that people need and want.
Posted by m4j0rkus4n4g1 1 year ago
m4j0rkus4n4g1
Only a moron would have a 5-round debate on the single premise of "F--k school it doesn't do s--t". Con, you are a saint for putting up with this behavior. I am open-minded when it comes to alternative education, but that is clearly not the maturity level of this debate.
Posted by Courtnic2 1 year ago
Courtnic2
I love school so I have no idea what you're talking about... contrary to your belief there are still kids out there who know that school isn't a waste of time.
Posted by PeppermintPenguin 1 year ago
PeppermintPenguin
This debate is the reason why people should go to school.
Vote Placed by AlternativeDavid 1 year ago
AlternativeDavid
Iamright58AidanRiesTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro never even came close to reaching the burden of proof. Instead of providing actual reasons to abolish school, he complained about learning boring things and insulted Pro. Con gets S&G because Pro had multiple glaring typos in each round.