sassypup419
Ozzyhead

Schools should be provided from the comfort of your own home

Ozzyhead

sassypup419

Pro

I think you should have school provided for you or students from the comfort of the home because, I'm against home schooling but children should be on an online school because, you can get on their whenever you want. You don't have to go to a school meeting people you have never met. That's good but, it's alot safer to be on an online school because, when you're walking home with you're friend JimBob, and, you get killed that's really dangerous and upsetting. In online schools, you won't get killed and you can miss as many days as you want and not get in trouble.
Ozzyhead

Con

Online schooling requires a flawless internet connection. Also, eliminating the school setting severely damages social lives in some way. Also, at young ages from say 5-11, children shouldn't be home alone and if a mother and father wants to work, they cannot watch the child and they should not have to stop working for one reason. Also, if the child needs extra help and has learning disabilities, where do they go?
sassypup419

Pro

1. Students can work at their own pace.
2. Allows kids to get away from bad situations.
3. Allows families to spend more time together.
4. Helps students develop more independance.
5. Helps students develop technology skills.
6. Families have greater education choice when enrolling in online schools.
Ozzyhead

Con

I will respond in the fashion my opponent expressed their argument:

1) Students will fall behind the deadline point, and will not be told when they are wrong by a person, only a computer that basically says "Uh-oh, try again". Students CAN work at their own pace if they need to. Only thing is, if they can't keep up, they will be left behind, which is okay. And students will work at no pace if they choose not to work at all, which is not okay.
2) For one thing, a school is supposed to be a safe ground for students. In fact, many students report feeling safer at school than at home. If there is a concern with a child's safety in school, than the parents can pull their student out of school, or they can bring it up with the superintendent.
3) If a student is surrounded by family all the time, they will develop social problems, in a similar fashion when you don't socialize your dog, they are not kind around other dogs later in life. Am I comparing two different things? Yes, but in this respect, dogs and children are similar. Also, if the child is on the computer, they ought to be focused on the work and should basically have other people mentally blocked out of their heads.
4) Students should learn independence, but they should also learn that getting help is not bad. I suffer from a problem where I don't ask for help when needed, like my father and my brother, because I was taught dependence. So, I am independent, but I also have a slow processing mind, as well as a poor short term memory, and a slow reading problem, so what would take the usual person 25-30 minutes would probably take me an hour. So, dependence is okay, just like independence. And, later in schools, students do learn self reliance. Students have to find their own sources for papers, and they usually, after a few questions need to solve math problems on their own.
5) There are plenty of technology skilled based classes like Microsoft Office, Photoshop, CAD, and technology isn't limited to computers so there is also woodshop classes and there are electricity classes.
6) Sometimes, a family should not be in charge of what their children learn. It can be very limiting. Children should be to exposed to all sorts of classes, ideas, hypotheses, sciences, and religions even if it challenges the families own religion. If I wasn't exposed to science and history classes, I would still believe in a god and I would believe the stories of the ark and other creationism stories that are painfully false in my opinion, and it all students should be exposed to all sorts of educational areas. Many people forget to teach small parts that later prove to be problematic.
sassypup419

Pro

Students will not fall behind. They can work at their own pace. There will be a way to make sure they work. Being left behind is not okay. I have been on an online school and I'm on one right now.
Ozzyhead

Con

How can a person who has a struggle with learning disabilities not fall behind if they are working at their own pace? If they were able to keep up with others, then they wouldn't be labeled with a learning disability. Online school takes away so much.
sassypup419

Pro

sassypup419 forfeited this round.
Ozzyhead

Con

Voting time.
Posted by cheyennebodie 3 years ago
cheyennebodie
Only a chlld would say he is against home schooling but is for being schooled at home on a computer.

There was a time in America when being killed in school was never even thought of. 100 years ago, and maybe even sooner, in rural America kids would bring their rifles to school so they could hunt going home. No problems. It was not till liberalism infected America did we have to put metal detectors in our schools.
Vote Placed by lannan13 3 years ago
lannan13
sassypup419OzzyheadTied
Reasons for voting decision: Most of Con's arguments went unvoted upon.