Vaizar
jvava

Schools should have a bigger budget on seemingly unimportant things

Vaizar

Pro

For example: school lunches, quality of sound equipment, getting smartboards/better projectors, etc.

Round 1: Acceptance, deciding what the topics are, etc. Also, is Wikipedia allowed?
Round 2, 3,4: Points + rebuttals
Round 5: Closing statements

Yeah, looking forward to this. In all the schools I've been to, the issues mentioned above were all clearly underpaid for. Lunches literally looked like they spent 1 buck per lunch and resold it for 4, the sound was horrendous and didn't work occasionally while the video was great, and only about like 2% of the classrooms had smartboards. So, really looking forward to debating with someone who thinks that all the money should be spent on "important" things, like books(I <3 books! btw), computers, and science equipment.
jvava

Con

Hello. I accept the rules of this debate; I am very excited to be debating this topic.

I think spending more on seemingly "unimportant" things in school is silly - schools should only spend their budgets on things that are proved to improve the quality of education, like reducing class sizes. If they're unimportant, than we should spend the bare minimum on them to ensure that we have enough to spend on other, more important, things. I also believe that if you spend money on everything unimportant, than schools will have to either cut costs in other areas or the government will have to raise local taxes.

Please define what you mean by "unimportant". Also, Wikepedia is allowed - but if the voters believe that if it is not a valid resource, than they can count off for it.

I look forward to this debate. May the better debater win!
Vaizar

Pro

Vaizar forfeited this round.
jvava

Con

jvava forfeited this round.
Vaizar

Pro

Vaizar forfeited this round.
jvava

Con

jvava forfeited this round.
Vaizar

Pro

Vaizar forfeited this round.
jvava

Con

jvava forfeited this round.
Vaizar

Pro

Vaizar forfeited this round.
jvava

Con

jvava forfeited this round.
Posted by themohawkninja 3 years ago
themohawkninja
What is defined as "unimportant"?