ChristianCreationist
RealCS

Schools should have online assaignments only

Started: 1/18/2015 Category: Technology

ChristianCreationist

Pro

It would be so much simpler if schools had all assignments online! Students wouldn't have to carry around notebooks, folders, binders, pencils, lead, erasers, ex... If everybody had all assignments online, the classrooms could have computers in them, or students (middle school and up) could carry laptops around and bring them home at the end of each day for homework. It would save both schools and families money, not having to go school-supply shopping once or even more a year!
RealCS

Con

Rubbish, look at what the internet has done to kids nowadays. All they do is computer games and adult content. At least the ability to carry school resources helps increase one's moral values, such as responsibility. What if you forget to bring the flipping laptop? Then might as well not go to school in the first place! And I can tell you having a laptop is much more expensive for both students and the school, as well as the government. The average laptop costs $500, compared to $100 in books.
ChristianCreationist

Pro

If the computers were monitored during school hours students wouldn't be tempted to do non-schoolwork on their laptops. If you forget the laptop, you could just log on to one of the school computers instead, unlike if you forgot your notebook at home, you wouldn't be able to just re-write all the notes, or go back in time and listen to the lecture again. It would save money- if you paid $500 for the laptop, or paid $100 year after year after year.
RealCS

Con

It is unfortunate that I am only allowed 500 characters, because I can write more, but nonetheless I shall continue in my argument. Computers can be monitored during school hours, what about the period when students are off the school? Secondly, if everyone has a laptop for school, do you think it is easy to monitor what they are doing, what they have done, and what will they be doing? Last of all, even with subsidies, not all students can afford to have a laptop to school, because of finance.
ChristianCreationist

Pro

ChristianCreationist forfeited this round.
RealCS

Con

It's a shame that you had forfeited in the last round, I wanted to write more. Since you said that if the student forgot to bring his laptop, he could access his work through the school computer, than what is the point of having laptops apart from the fact that it is a waste of money if it is not used properly. Clearly, you have ran out of arguments and forfeited the round.

To the voters:

In order to be fair, please do not vote just because you support a side but instead vote the better person
Posted by MADEBATE 2 years ago
MADEBATE
My highschool had Online courses and a computer course......
Posted by ChristianCreationist 2 years ago
ChristianCreationist
Same here. Sorry about the character limit, I was looking for something that would take under and hour. So much for that.
Posted by RealCS 2 years ago
RealCS
Glad to have you as my opponent, but personally I find that the character limit is really short.