Bonboncandie
dward

Schools should require uniforms.

Bonboncandie

Pro

This is my first debate. I was not sure what to debate about, but I would really like to vote so I should get started.

I like the Idea of school uniforms. They will help lessen the bullying and cost less in the long run.
dward

Con

I thank bonboncandie for putting this interesting topic up. As Con, I should negate the above resolution "Schools should recquire uniforms".

I want to immediately rebut his arguments defending the resolution.

His arguments:

1.) ".. will help lessen bullying"

- How are school uniforms affect the rate of bullying in school? It has been said that schools from all over the world have implemented this policy so that "everyone looks the same" and thus no one would be picking at each other because of this. I read an article on Yahoo! regarding with this matter, it says, "Will the uniforms bring popularity to an end? Absolutely not. The simple fact that everyone is dressed alike will not make nerds friends with jocks. They will still be less popular because Chess Club is "not cool." However, football is the "coolest." This is why uniforms will absolutely not help with popularity. People still have separate interests, and that is what they get bullied for." also this, "School uniforms bring an end to gang violence." Wrong. Gang violence is not dictated by clothes. True, different gangs do wear different colors. If these gangs cannot see these colors, then they cannot identify who is in the rival gang. However, they don't know these people by their colors. If they know someone is in a certain gang, they will still hate them. Their clothes will not matter." I couldn't agree more to this writer.

source: http://voices.yahoo.com...

2.) "..cost less in the long run"

"Cost less" is certainly different from "Cost nothing" at all. School uniforms together with the allowance of the child, tuition fees, school supplies and others needed for the school are quite a lot of money involved here. Removing "School Uniforms" in the list will make the parent's loads lighter than before.

I await your rebuttals.
Bonboncandie

Pro

Bonboncandie forfeited this round.
dward

Con

Still, awaiting rebuttals.
Bonboncandie

Pro

Bonboncandie forfeited this round.
dward

Con

It seems to me that I have silenced my opponent. Vote Con.