Debatequeen1
OverLordSandwich

Schools should serve healthier lunches

OverLordSandwich

Debatequeen1

Pro

I believe that schools should serve healthier lunches for many reasons. One obvious reason is the fact that obesity is becoming quite common and school lunches are contributing a big part to that.
Con will argue that school lunches are fine and that schools shouldn't serve healthier lunches.
OverLordSandwich

Con

I accept your debate.

"One obvious reason is the fact that obesity is becoming quite common and school lunches are contributing a big part to that"

You will see below that the current school food guideline (MyPlate) is very similar to the well known and accepted My Pyramid. Your claim is flawed.

And if the student or parent is worried about obesity, why not just simply bring lunch from home?

Debatequeen1

Pro

Many of the lunches if not all of the lunches at schools are very unhealthy. Almost all of the food is pre-made and then heated up when the student goes to order it. For instance, something like pizza which isn't too unhealthy is much u healthier at schools. The pizzas at school of full of grease and fat. Almost all of he lunches at school are carbs, too. Probably the only healthy thing you can buy at school is an apple or an orange.
OverLordSandwich

Con

Are you taking this seriously?
Your argument has no sources and is poorly put together.

You also didn't address my solution:
"And if the student or parent is worried about obesity, why not just simply bring lunch from home?"

In fact, you didn't address any of my arguments.

There is no need for me to post new arguments since you haven't refutted my previous ones yet.
Debatequeen1

Pro

To answer your question, yes I am taking this seriously. Apparently you aren't, though because all you are doing is insulting me just because you have no valid arguments. In fact, that's exactly why I didn't address your arguments, because none or them were even valid!

To address your only argument, "And if the student or parent is worried about obesity, why not just simply bring a lunch from home?"
The school is required by law to provide lunch, obviously. But yes, a student is more than capable of bringing their own lunch from school. That isn't even the point, though. The school should care enough to provide healthy lunches to ensure that each student is getting proper nutrition.
OverLordSandwich

Con

"Apparently you aren't, though because all you are doing is insulting me just because you have no valid arguments. In fact, that's exactly why I didn't address your arguments, because none or them were even valid!"

I did not insult you. I simply asked a question.
And how is my argument not valid?
I provided two diagrams comparing school food in the past and school food in the present. I marked that there are no noticible changes.
I also refutted your argument with these diagrams that you have yet to refute.

"The school is required by law to provide lunch, obviously. But yes, a student is more than capable of bringing their own lunch from school. That isn't even the point, though. The school should care enough to provide healthy lunches to ensure that each student is getting proper nutrition."

I understand that the school has to and should provide lunch for those who can't afford it.

But if the lunch gets healtier then that means:
1) The students that can't afford it will have to pay more; but he/she gets it for free = more government debt and economic failure.
2) Since more and more students will join food stamps because of the increasing costs = more tax for those who bring their own lunch.

How will that be fair?
And the student on food stamp gets free lunch paid by the taxpayers! He shouldn't complain that the lunch is un-healthy! He gets it for free!

My argument stands.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
Debatequeen1OverLordSandwichTied
Reasons for voting decision: pro fails to rebut con's food pyramid. Even not counting con's last round arguments, con wins.