elizabethcroxen
supershamu

Science and Religion Coexisting.

supershamu

elizabethcroxen

Con

Science and Religion are to completely different things, religion shouldn't be "mixed up" with science. The Bible and this "God" is just a tall tale, science is based on facts and real evidence. There is no evidence to prove God & The Bible, if you believe in that, that's your right. But it defiantly shouldn't ever be included in science.
supershamu

Pro

Thank you very much for bringing up this topic for debate. As a Christian that has a great interest in science I look forward to seeing your argument on why science and religion should not coexist.

The way I see it is that religion and science are both searching for the same thing. Truth. The first thing I would like to point out is that nowhere in the definition of science does it say anything about it not being able to coexist with religion. It simply states the areas that it covers.

"A branch of knowledge or study dealing with a body of facts or truths systematically arranged and showing the operation of general laws: the mathematical sciences."

These are definitions from dictionary.com and the next definition for it goes as far as to say:

"Systematic knowledge of the physical or material world gained through observation and experimentation."

Science delves only into the physical, material and what can be quantified. Religion generally tries to explain the supernatural but really is just the belief in a God or Gods. Every religion is different but they generally do not restrict you from study of the physical world we live in. I see no rule between the two that says they cannot coexist.

Albert Einstein, an incredible scientist was agnostic and was quoted saying "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

I believe that both science and religion can coexist and they would only have the benefit of each other to gain from it. I look forward to hearing your further arguments!

http://dictionary.reference.com...
elizabethcroxen

Con

elizabethcroxen forfeited this round.
supershamu

Pro

I do really hope to get this debate off the ground so for the sake of our exchange I will withhold any comments. Please do respond Con. I really would like to hear what you have to say.
elizabethcroxen

Con

elizabethcroxen forfeited this round.
supershamu

Pro

I will stick with this debate in hopes Con will respond.
elizabethcroxen

Con

elizabethcroxen forfeited this round.
supershamu

Pro

Well this ended up being a single point debate and never really got off the ground. For this I would like to apologize to all readers.

I hope that we can see from our short arguments however that just because two things are different that it doesn't mean they can't coexist. As a matter of fact they coexist all around us.

This was a light read for all readers and I thank anyone who decided to follow the debate. Again I apologize for not getting this debate off the ground.
Posted by supershamu 3 years ago
supershamu
Ha ha yeah that's a great way to look at it!
Posted by Romanii 3 years ago
Romanii
Religion is the search for God.
Science is the study of God's Creation.
NOT MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE.
Vote Placed by Romanii 3 years ago
Romanii
elizabethcroxensupershamuTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con only participated in one round, and in that round, she just gave her opinion. Pro automatically wins all 7 points for giving proof that Science and Religion can indeed coexist.
Vote Placed by janetsanders733 3 years ago
janetsanders733
elizabethcroxensupershamuTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro quoted Albert Einstein and showed how God must be necessary for science to exist. Also Con ff several times.