JimiNingrix
JordanCJKM

Science cannot Sufficiently Explain the Origins of the Universe

JimiNingrix

Pro

First off I would like to go into clarification on my argument.

I believe that science cannot explain the origins of the universe for a variety of reasons. In this debate, con will be trying to justify the existence of the universe through the current laws of science. This is a hard science debate. Religious views from either side have no bearing.

Secondly, the burden of proof will be shared.

I (Pro) will be attempting to prove that science cannot explain the origins of the universe, while the contender (Con) will be attempting to prove that science can in fact explain the universe"s origin.

Finally, structure of this debate.

The 1st round will be purely acceptance and definitions.
In the 2nd round, both sides will lay out their arguments with no reference to their opponent.
In the 3rd and 4th rounds, both sides will challenge each other"s arguments.
In the 5th and final round both sides will close their arguments, with the contender not referencing his opponents closing argument.

Definitions:

Science - a branch of knowledge or study dealing with a body of facts or truths systematically arranged and showing the operation of general laws

Universe - the totality of known objects throughout space

Space - the unlimited or incalculably great three-dimensional realm or expanse in which all material objects are located and all events occur

Religion - a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs
JordanCJKM

Con

Thank you for starting your debate. Here I do not have any big arguments to backfire on you because I totally agree with you. Instead, I would like to show my opinion and my perspective. Science cannot sufficiently explain the origins of the universe.

You are totally right, and you stated out definitions for these concepts which is good to show your understandings. Science cannot sufficiently explain the origins of the universe. And the truth is, actually NOTHING can sufficiently explain and claim the origins of the universe. What we can do, is "to use what is given by the laws nature and the claims by physics and PREDICT how and when we came from".

Thank you for reading my words.
JimiNingrix

Pro

JimiNingrix forfeited this round.
JordanCJKM

Con

JordanCJKM forfeited this round.
JimiNingrix

Pro

JimiNingrix forfeited this round.
JordanCJKM

Con

JordanCJKM forfeited this round.
JimiNingrix

Pro

JimiNingrix forfeited this round.
JordanCJKM

Con

JordanCJKM forfeited this round.
JimiNingrix

Pro

JimiNingrix forfeited this round.
JordanCJKM

Con

JordanCJKM forfeited this round.
Posted by tejretics 2 years ago
tejretics
"Sufficiency" is relative. Only people define what sufficiency is based on a variety of rules. Thus, scientific explanation, often subject to interpolation, may SUFFICIENTLY explain the universe. NOTHING can explain the universe completely and properly.
Posted by JimiNingrix 2 years ago
JimiNingrix
@JordanCJKM, so am I to assume that you are not interested in a true debate, and instead in stating our opinions, or are you trying to flip the debate into where I believe the origins of the universe lie? Because, although I am a Christian I happen to agree with you, that nothing can sufficiently explain where the universe came from.
Posted by missmedic 2 years ago
missmedic
Science cannot Sufficiently Explain the Origins of the Universe yet.
Nobody knows how the universe started, science admits there ignorance on this subject, the religious do not.
Posted by AdvancedAtom 2 years ago
AdvancedAtom
* energy always existed
Posted by AdvancedAtom 2 years ago
AdvancedAtom
Remember to mention virtual particles, positive and negative energy, quantum fluctuation, antiparticles and particles, and also mention how energy existed and that energy can turn into matter and vis versa and quantum foam... :P