Ddo
raskuseal

Science has done more harm than good

Ddo

Con

We must be thankful to God for this beautiful planet to live in but science has to be blamed for bringing it on the verge of extinction. All the inventions of science - chemicals,aircraft,automobiles,air-conditioning etc have made human depend on technology.I thanks to science to conclude that we live in fear of death and destruction
raskuseal

Pro

Hello, I'm Raskuseal, and I'm gonna debate why Science has done more good then harm. I'm gonna assume that round 1 is posting our views, round 2 is proving it, and round 3 is final counter arguments. I look forward to having a good debate on this topic.
I believe that science has done more good then bad because of all the things science allows us humans as a species to to: We can fly airplanes to travel great distances quickly: we have eradicated polio, an extremely lethal disease cured by science: we have created televisions and the internet to share information instantaneously: And we have knowledge of how the world works, thanks to electron microscopes to discover atoms and particles. Now I completely agree that some of the best scientific advancements have been discovered because of war: it's an deniable fact. But if we were all religious nuts, then we would still believe that diseases were caused by hexes and curses, not bacteria or viruses: The apple fell from the tree because god willed it: and god controls the weather to make earth flood, make it high and dry, or perfect.
Ddo

Con

Ddo forfeited this round.
raskuseal

Pro

Since I failed to see this earlier, Ddo is new here. I suppose I should welcome you to this website. Sooooo.... welcome, then i suppose. I hope you like it. I think It's really nice because it allows people to have peaceful debates with people and gather different ideas and opinions. Kudos to whoever disigend it.
Ddo

Con

Ddo forfeited this round.
raskuseal

Pro

I suppose I should finish the debate just for the sake of it. So I'm just gonna use some filler text. Thanks for the support, commenters. All in all, I think that both religion and science can be bad, however, bad science can still be better then bad religion because science will always move foward while bad religion tends to move backwards.
Posted by Sunfire315 1 year ago
Sunfire315
I feel the instigator has made a false dichotomy.
Posted by missmedic 1 year ago
missmedic
Believing in revelations and other end time Bull shat and wanting it to be true, will do more to cause our extinction then science.
http://crispian-jago.blogspot.ca...
Posted by ZacGraphics 1 year ago
ZacGraphics
Science is the search for truth. If this is title true, we can't handle the truth. I think you're looking at the test tube half empty, instead of half full. Science has not brought us on the verge of extinction. Also, I think you mean scientific advancements, not necessarily science. I'd like to argue that science is actually doing good for us. So, in your argument, you basically say that because of cars, airplanes, and air-conditioning, we are living in fear of death and destruction. Science discovers problems, more often than not, before it is an immediate threat to us. Uncovering problems and the source of problems is actually a good thing, as opposed to never realizing that there is a problem at all.
Posted by raskuseal 1 year ago
raskuseal
I'm Thinking of contesting in this debate, If that's alright with you. Give me a little while and I will gather my thoughts to create a counter argument debate.