Jacobm03031999
LiveandAbscond

Science is a boon rather than a boom for the human race.

Jacobm03031999

Jacobm03031999

Pro

Science has made a lot of our lives better, faster and easier. It is unimaginable to live without the developments made in the fields of science. With the developments in science, most of the phenomenon"s that are happening can be understood. Today, there is only a little that is unknown to mankind. Today there is only a little that man is unable to do. All this is possible only due to one thing-development in science.
LiveandAbscond

Con

Hello, friend. I'm not sure it's within me to challenge the idea that the study of our universe is beneficial for humankind so I will approach this conversation from a slightly different angle. If you find it doesn't suit your purpose or you feel I'm missing the point in some way I apologize.

The following will be my contention. Scientific study and any knowledge gleaned thereby is only beneficial to the one studying until that knowledge is either successfully communicated to and understood by another or used by the one to create something which can be used by others. I simply mean that after study and knowledge have been conducted and obtained it takes further action before it becomes beneficial to the rest of us.
Jacobm03031999

Pro

I am sorry.I cannot agree with this opinion.
The following is my instigation.Your first argument stated that knowledge is useful only useful if it can successfully be communicated to and understood by another.I cannot agree to this argument because the discoveries made by great people can be studied at schools.This knowledge may also be obtained by means of books,television,newspapers etc.One of your other arguments stated that the knowledge gleaned should be able to be utilized by the person or some other person to create something that is useful for others.I certainly cannot agree to this statement either.One example is as follows.Newton invented a formula which stated that force is the product of mass and acceleration.this formula has been used as the base of many other formulas.Your third argument stated that it takes further action until it can be considered useful.This argument is irrelevant because we all know that there should be a present for the past and there is always a present for the past.The term 'present' is what you referred to as 'further action'.
LiveandAbscond

Con

LiveandAbscond forfeited this round.
Jacobm03031999

Pro

I am sorry that you have forfeited a round.
Here is my final argument.Previously,I have argued that developing science is a boon.Now,I am going to argue that science is not a boom.You might argue that science is a threat to the environment and that humans could not survive without the environment.I certainly do not think so.My opinion is that it is the humans rather than science that destroys the environment.You might argue that science has paved the way for the humans to find ways to destroy the environment.I certainly cannot agree to that either because science has found many ways for saving the environment and it is the humans who do not implement these methods.
Now,I shall conclude my words.It is not science responsible for the destruction of mankind.It is the people themselves.Science has only made life better.
LiveandAbscond

Con

LiveandAbscond forfeited this round.
Posted by MysticEgg 3 years ago
MysticEgg
It is a boon-ing boom!
Vote Placed by 2-D 3 years ago
2-D
Jacobm03031999LiveandAbscondTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF dropped arguments.