Effffort
Ayden_Linden

Science should be extra credit after 7th grade/ Middle School

Effffort

Pro

Science becomes really irrelevant to life after 7th grade. We start to learn stuff that we won't need in later life unless we become scientists or chemists etc. This is why after 7th grade science should become a extra credit course or not a main factor. it will only be English Math and History. For science teaches you poly-atomic or periodic table or even math in scientific equations. When really we should learn scientific notation? See how irrelevant it becomes, it is just really unacceptable how it is a main thing to pass throughout each school year.
Ayden_Linden

Con

The main problem I have with this is that in the event that we begin to decrease scientific knowledge in the general public, than the general public as a whole will become ignorant of the facts of the world around them, and while you advocate things like the importance of History in schools (Which I 100% agree with.) But I submit to you that the teachings the periodic table and the theory of evolution are just as important as learning the teachings of of Socrates and the fall of the Roman Empire. Because without the presence of these things within the minds of the general public, we shall become ignorant of the world around us.
Effffort

Pro

I am not saying to get rid of the science course.I just don't think everyone has to learn it after a certain period of time. It really does b become irrelevant. Science is a course that after a certain period of time will be offered for those willing to take it, rather than it being apart of the 4 main courses. if one willing to take science wants to they can as an extra course such as foreign language or engineering, or religion.
Ayden_Linden

Con

Ayden_Linden forfeited this round.
Effffort

Pro

Effffort forfeited this round.
Ayden_Linden

Con

Ayden_Linden forfeited this round.
Effffort

Pro

Science affects all who are not atheists, as it messes with their brain. Since religion and science are rivals. Why should we have to teach something than have our parents so no thats incorrect and struggle. Science is a great subject believe me but after a certain amount of time all you hear people excited about science for is the labs, or activities or lab videos. My best wishes to all interested in science but would you like it as an extra credit to boost your grade?
Ayden_Linden

Con

Ayden_Linden forfeited this round.
Effffort

Pro

Effffort forfeited this round.
Ayden_Linden

Con

Ayden_Linden forfeited this round.