Science Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Gravity doesnt exist

Mulan
fire_wings

its not proven and the bible doesnt mention it...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Global warming is a myth

12345t
Oppenheimer1934

There is no evidence to prove that global warming actually exists. Any photo, study, or data to suggest that it does is either.... 1. Taken out of context or 2. created by a currupt source...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago

Is Stem Cell Research Embryo right or wrong

Helloimkittycat
PericIes

i'm doing a research about this topic and came with a clonclusion do do this poll on my side im totally against this. because no matter how old you are you should get an oppurtinity...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Animal experimentation should be continued

sciguy23
sanjee.kmrr20

For the greater good,animal research must continue.The benefits to humans,animals,andscience greatly outweigh the negative aspects.Furthermore,animal research is a far moreaccurate model than most of the "alternatives".Animals rights groups are impeding theprogress of science,while some are endangering the lives of others.The use of animalsis done in a humane way,and laws protect the well-being of animals....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

DDO is an unhealthy site.

Max.Wallace
Zarium

Their ads are suggesting we eat mass produced pizza. That's a fact....

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Is it reasonable to question the theory of evolution?

Conspiracyrisk
JayShay

For this debate, I will not necessarily be trying to prove evolution is false, nor will I be trying to prove there is a god. For this debate, I will simply be trying to prove that it is reasonable to question the theory of evolution. The burden of proof is on me. My opponent will attempt to prove that my arguments are not reason enough to question evolution. Definitions: (Theory of) Evolution - the belief that the species of life on earth came about gradually over time through mutations with...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 14 Hours Ago

Helium Balloons and Blimps Should be Banned.

DrNRG
minddrag

Helium balloons, blimps, and other frivolous uses of helium should be banned / legally outlawed. Helium gas is so light that much of it escapes earth's atmosphere completely and goes off into outer space impossible to recover. Helium is not a renewable resource and cannot be economically synthesized. Synthesis involves hitting Lithium or Boron atoms with high velocity protons and this does not yield economically useful amounts. Some helium is generated from alpha particles from radioactive de...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

The World is Flat

TheGodson
Edlvsjd

I believe that the world is round. It has been proven throughout history and science. There are pictures from outer space confirming this. It is seen all over the internet and in text books. All the rules and discoveries of science revolve around the fact that the world is round. Equations for calculating movement in outer space is based on the fact that the earth is round. Although I have never actually been to outer space myself I think that the most reliable source of knowledge comes fr...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Will (Reverse) time travel ever exist?

Axonly
Jovian

Won't really bother with rules because they are a waste of time. Hope you accept, it will be fun. Pro first if you like....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 21 Hours Ago

Is NASA lying to us?

Edlvsjd
the_monster

NASA lies....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 17 Hours Ago