Science Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

The Starchild skull is human

RainbowDash52

The Starchild skull is this skull: I will be arguing that the Starchild skull is not human. The burden of proof is shared. My opponent's first round is with an argument. My opponent's last round will be passing without giving an argument so we have the same amount of turns to debate....

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

Cryonics: Inhumane?

CaraKamski

Cryonics is a technique to preserve human bodies after death, in hopes to extend life later on. The theory is if the body can be properly preserved it can be "brought back to life" after the right process is discovered and properly developed. But is this way of cheating death too much? Is it right or wrong?...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

This site is addictive, in different ways to differnt folks.

Max.Wallace
Burls

Obviously it is, to some, but most run away....

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Bipolar vs Unipolar. A unique argument of unfactoids.

Max.Wallace

Science tells us if you are Bipolar, you have a problem, a medical one that only those with the big brains of Unipolarism can diagnose. I would suggest that if you do not get mad or sad at anything then you are unipolar. I have not been diagnosed, by capitalist or communists. I know myself. What is your self diagnosis? A) Not bipolar? B) Unipolar? C) Undecided? D) none of the above? Lets have a verbal skirmish. The truth in my mind is that Unipolar people, those with all...

Challenge Period
11 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Math Debate #1

RevL8ion
stylishBOY

The title's pretty self-explanatory. Because I'm a whole lot better at mathematics than debating, and there's really nothing math-related here, I'd like to start perhaps the first math debate in all of DDO. Here are the rules.Oh wait, first, I'd like to tell you to do something: Hold your tongue with your fingers and say "I like to math debate." If you know what I mean...anyway:The first round is always acceptance only...

Debating Period
9 Comments
Updated 56 Minutes Ago

evolution is noticably weak when it comes to the origin of life.

cheyennebodie
Elijahhill97

I have yet heard any one from the anti-creation side give a plausible account of the origin of life. This will be an open debate for all ....

Voting Period
31 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

This House Believes That Reason Favors That A Neo-Lorentzian Aether Exists!

Ajabi

Resolved: This House Believes That Reason Favors That A Neo-Lorentzian Aether Exists!Debate Details: I wanted to debate this topic ever since I saw Sargon's debate (http://www.debate.org/debates/A-Neo-Lorentzian-Ether-Exists/1/) on this topic. He recommended me some boo...

Challenge Period
15 Comments
Updated 6 Days Ago

Evolution is most likely true

MyWoodenHeart
BecauseCheetahs

This round is stricly for acceptance. I believe that evolution is most likely true....

Debating Period
19 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

The necessity of detoxing.

DanK
intellectuallyprimitive

Claims regarding the need to rid your body of toxins are found in nearly every corner of the internet, as well as other media sources and many natural healers. Generally the claim is something to the effect of this; Your body builds up and stores toxins, and they are potentially harmful less they be flushed out. While some may see this as a good health practice, I remain unconvinced that this is anything more than snake oil. If you believe you can convince me otherwise, and do so in a civilize...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

All CO2 emissions should cease immediatley, to save the planet.

Max.Wallace
Ozzyhead

CO2 is killing the planet, all breathing things, except those that know this, should stop or do less of it right now, to save the planet for those that know this. That is the global warmists, (er,... climate changologists?) status quo, and you will better off if you are one of they, for reasons of self esteem, the greatest drug ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

Voting Period
4 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago