Science Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Evolution is both a scientific theory and a fact!

chewster911

This debate is impossible to accept, and it probably will be until 2015. If you somehow find a way to accept this debate without permission or in 2014, you automatically lose. I will be constantly updating it to extend the time before it expires. Comment or PM me if you want to debate.Of course, by the title and my position you can tell that I will be arguing that evolution is a fact. I still keep seeing evolution denialists on the internet crafting arguments and cases...

Challenge Period
70 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

any cause is caused by another cause

vi_spex
Bwacit

a cause that didn't cause anything, isn't a cause, therefore a first cause would be caused by a cause that isn't a cause, but any cause is caused by another cause, so a first cause is impossible...

Voting Period
26 Comments
Updated 21 Hours Ago

any equation can never end on 0 unless its false

vi_spex
JustAnAtheist

0 is false...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

vi_spex
Commondebator

0 is false...

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

future exist, and future is always false as by definition future is ahead of now

vi_spex
Kirraz

the future and past is information, and my imagination only happens now matter being real, the only distance that MATTERS is what's reachable by my physical body, not by my imagination future=false(belief) now=true(know) past=truth(knowledge)...

Debating Period
21 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

morality is subjective..

vi_spex
Mike_10-4

morality is subjective... or else we would all have the same morals, like no one disagrees that a coca cola label is red......

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

In Light of Modern Science, God Is More Likely to Exist

IEnglishman
MrJosh

I believe the knowledge that modern science has given us increases the likelihood that a God exists.DefinitionsGod- the supernatural, powerful creator of the universe First round is acceptance only....

Debating Period
8 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

I Propose A More Logical Theoretical Cosmological Model Of The Macro Universe

Pywakit
Kirraz

The search for viable, reasonable, and logical solutions to the problems inherent in the Standard Cosmological Model (Big Bang, Lamda Cold Dark Matter with Inflation) has spawned a menagerie of theories over the last half a century. While mathematically supported, they are all fantastically implausible theories. And as of a year ago, in serious trouble as the strong ones all relied on SUSY. In just the last several years, a number of astronomical observa...

Debating Period
11 Comments
Updated 13 Hours Ago

Is the "Big bang" true?

Leo.Messi
400spartans

The Big Bang is not TRUE. It is unreasonable-as I will argue in this debate. I will define our terms: The Big Bang: The model postulates that at some moment all of space was contained in a single point from which the universe has been expanding ever s...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Global Warming is Man-Made

16kadams
RoyLatham

==Clarification== I will be arguing that mankind IS the cause of global warming, my opponent will be arguing that mankind is NOT the main driver of modern climate change. My opponent, therefore, is arguing that the theory of anthropogenic climate change is incorrect. This is pretty straightforward. Abbreviations which might be used: AGW -- Anthropogenic global warming CR -- cosmic ray[s] TSI -- Total solar irradiation MWP -- Medieval Warm Period SSN -- Sun spot number PDO --...

Debating Period
34 Comments
Updated 18 Hours Ago