Science Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Dinosaurs Lived With People

GarretKadeDupre
TruthHurts

I will be arguing that live dinosaurs existed at the same time humans did. I may use the term dinosaur interchangeably with mesosaur or pterosaur. I do not mean birds; that would be abusive use of the term. Voters should exercise their discretion when deciding if my use of the term dinosaur or human becomes abusive.

Debating Period
28 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Psychiatrist vs Psychologist [?]

BlurtItOUT
tuxagon

OK, Psychiatrist is the one who's specializing in diagnosis and treatment for mental illness. Meanwhile, Psychologist deals with diagnosing and treating diseases of the brain, emotional disturbance, and behavior problems. Which is, both of them deals with people who has mental illnesses. But, what is the BIG difference? And, which is better? For me, I guess I'll go for Psychologist. Pick any of the two, defend your answer. Gracias! xo...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Evolution vs creationism

roark555
moneyonmymind

I will be arguing that Evolution is superior to creationism. Round 1: Acceptance. Round 2: Opening arguments. Round 3: Rebuttals/arguments. Round 4: Same. Round 5: Closing arguments....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Tyrants do not accept messages as they know it all already.

Max.Wallace
SmallTacos

What I have found on this site is that the most dedicated debaters, and the smartest in their own mind almost always, do not vote on the big issues, or accept messages. They are conceited tyrants. They wish to not have to hear the masses, only dictate their opinion....

Voting Period
13 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

Creationism/Intelligent design should NOT be taught in science classes as a valid scientific theory

Phoenix61397

This debate is impossible to accept. Comment if you wish to debate. Creationism: The belief that holds evolution to be false and promotes a literal interpretation of the Biblical Genesis creation story. I would like to clarify the resolution. The full resolution will be: "Creationism should not be taught in science classes as a valid, legitimate theory with equal scientific weight to evolution." No semantics will be permitted (this goes on my part too, I will not dismiss creationism simp...

Challenge Period
41 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

Intelligent design is a more likely cause than Abiogenesis for the origin of life

Jellon
TittySprinkler69

Abiogenesis is the natural process of life arising from non-living matter such as simple organic compounds. Pro must show that I.D. is a more likely cause than Abiogenesis for the origin of life. Con must show that the most likely origin for the first life on earth to be a non-intelligent source. Round 1 will be acceptance. Round 2 will be opening arguments. Round 3 will be rebuttals to opening arguments. Round 4 will be rebuttals to round 3 rebuttals. Round 5 will be for any closing stat...

Voting Period
5 Comments
Updated 12 Hours Ago

Should we look for extraterrestrial life?

Dylan0617
seraphobia

We shouldn't look for extraterrestrial life because if they are advanced, they may be deadly and they might try to take over Earth. Lets say we have aliens from another planet right? We try speaking to them but they cannot understand us. Any type of movement we make towards them may be seen as a threat and they may attack us. Even if they don't attack us, how will they help our technology? I mean unless we can translate what they say we can't understand any language they may have. Also on the...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 22 Hours Ago

Google Chrome is better than Internet Explorer

seraphobia
TittySprinkler69

I am pro (for), anyone can accept....

Debating Period
10 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Pregnancy Begins at Conception - not Implantation. ACOG is wrong.

Chuz-Life
creedhunt

** For the purpose of screening candidates, this deabate should be near impossible for you to accept. However, if you are interested in accepting the role of defending ACOG's position in this debate, please make yourself known in the comments section. **The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) has issued the following statement in response to recent 'personhood' measures by some States in the U.S.

93 Comments
Updated 23 Hours Ago

Evolution disproves creationism

SolaceRoche
superbowl9

Layout of the debate: Round 1: Intro paragraph, introduce yourself and your position and give a brief opening statement onto why you have chosen your side Round 2: Introduce your points, use EVIDENCE to support your claim. Round 3-4: Rebuttals and counter Rebuttals Round 5: Concluding statement Very simple layout. Evolution itself is accepted by more than 90% of the scientific community. Not only does it make sense and can explain the similarities between different types of an...

Voting Period
10 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago