Science Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Evolution is true and it cannot be denied

ChandanB
ingrambros

I hereby challenge Mr. cheyennebodie to debate me on evolution in all terms,both scientifically and religiously. Evolution has happened and is still happening as we speak. I donot 'believe' that evolution happened, I know that evolution happened (is happening),because we have undeniable evidence for it. I challenged him because I came across one of his comment saying people are 'infected' with Darwinism....

Debating Period
8 Comments
Updated 19 Hours Ago

Genetically engineered food isn't completely bad

Lukas8
DonutPieFace

The first round is only to accept the debate. The debate can go a bit of topic, if needed. After the debate we continue on comments. I think that genetically engineered food isn't really bad, except if: -Its being owned by large corporations -Its not Labeled -Its massively planted in sensitive environment (hurts the continuing selection) CON should mainly say why she/he thinks that GE-food is very bad or why He's agreeing under these 3 exceptions....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 20 Hours Ago

Evolution is defensible.

Koupo275
jiriakel

In this debate, I will defend evolution from Con's various arguments . But first, I will provide an definition of Evolution. Evolution- the scientific theory that states modern organisms descended from ancient ones through a process of gradual modification over billions of years and share a common ancestry. There will be 3 rounds with an maximum of 1,000 Characters. Here's the debate will look like. Round 1 - Acceptance and new arguments Round 2 - Defense of your arguments and new argume...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 8 Minutes Ago

thbt it will find a cure for cancer

doniaTIQ
jailan_elrafie

Good afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen, My name is Donia I'll be your speaker for the day. we are gathered here today to discuss an important topic that has a life or death situation stuck to its name. this house believes that we will eventuality find a cure for cancer, which has only been strengthened by the undeniable fact of the success that institutions in our very country have dealt with such is the case regarding the treatment of pediatric leukemia which has reached a 98% cure rate this ver...

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Atheists block human progress, hold back science, and pose the greatest threat to science

itsnobody
dtaylor971

Although I can't be certain of everything, I can be 100% certain that atheists block human progress, hold back science, and pose the greatest threat to science (and mankind as a whole). My position is pro/for (obviously). I'm hoping that someone (preferably a non-Theist) accepts the challenge. First round - Introductions/Clarifications Rest of the rounds - Arguments/Rebuttals...

Debating Period
10 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

Abortion should be allowed.

ChandanB
Tarik

I challenge my opponent to discuss about the validity of abortion. I strongly feel women should have the right to abort the fetus. Why? I tell that in my later arguments. Round 1- Acceptance Round 2- Arguments Round 3 - Rebuttal Round 4 - Conclusion...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 11 Hours Ago

6*0(6), so 6 sodas multiplied by 0 is 6, becaus they equation dosnt happen

vi_spex
Domr

6*0=0, is a false equation, what it really means is 6, because you can not destroy the 6 sodas so you still have them...

Voting Period
13 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Religion is hindering scientific progress

DMDemo
Philocat

Basic rules: Round 1- Acceptance Round 2 and on- Statement and rebuttal This is a logical debate, a debate focused on emotional appeal will not be valid.This is a DEBATE, not an argument. Sources, but not wikiped...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Atheism = Theism, and science is a religion.

Valkrin
vi_spex

I wish to debate spex on this topic, as I tried to accept this challenge before but someone beat me to it. By accepting to this debate you agree to the following definitions: Atheism: disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods. Theism: belief in the existence of a god or gods. Science: the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment. 72 hour...

Voting Period
5 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

atheism is theism, and science is a religion

vi_spex
chewster911

says it right in the name, a(theism)=dis(belief)=belief=theism atheism is disbelief, to believe god is false, the no position to the theistic claim where as the theistic position is yes and agnostic(non belief) is I accept i don't know...

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago