Science Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Discourse on Gene Manipulation for Humans.

RR-5L8S

Discourse on Gene Manipulation For Humans: I will be assuming the stance that gene manipulation in human beings is undeniably beneficial, as we should be striving for as near perfection in ourselves as is attainable. Opponent will be delegated as Con. [Note] This debate should be impossible to accept. If you manage to do so, you forfeit this discussion automatically. Structure and Rules: [1] There will be five rounds. - Round 1 is ACCEPTANCE ONLY. - Within round 2 both sides present op...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

Genetic Modification on Humans

zeon

I believe that genetic modification on humans should be legal, but well-regulated. I think that humans should be able to be cured of genetic diseases, as well as the parents being given options of the child's physical appearance/traits. I do not think that genetic modification (namely CRISPR) should be used to create anything that is not human, no humans with gills for example. I look forward to an interesting debate on this subject with anybody who will challenge me in this regard....

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

Humans are the most intelligent animals on Earth.

Sensorfire
Autumn-sky

This debate will be about whether humans are more intelligent than other animal species on Earth. I will be arguing for this, my opponent will argue against it (i.e. humans are not the most intelligent).Structure:Round 1 is acceptance.Round 2 is opening arguments.Round 3 is rebuttals. No new arguments.Round 4 is further rebuttals with new and/or revised arguments.Round 5 is final arguments and closing statements.<...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

A Discourse on Evolution (Pro) Vs Creationism (Con)

RR-5L8S

A Discourse on Evolution (Pro) Vs Creationism (Con): I will be assuming the stance of Pro on this topic, and my opponent will be delegated as Con. I also encourage my opponent to take this argument from a more objective stance rather than a religious one [To the extent that may be achieved]. [Note] This debate should be impossible to accept. Consequently, If you manage to do so, you automatically forfeit this discussion. Structure and Rules: [1] There will be five rounds. - Round 1 is AC...

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 7 Hours Ago

Creationism is more Logical than the Theory of Evolution

debater12332
Danielle

I will be arguing that Creationism makes more sense and is backed by more evidence than the Theory of Evolution. Creationism: the belief that the universe and living organisms originate from specific acts of divine creation, as in the biblical account, rather than by natural processes such as evolution. Evolution: the gradual development of something, especially from a simple to a more complex form. I will be arguing for the existence of a creator, and more specifically the Judeo-Christ...

Debating Period
7 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

Earth is round not flat

Youngastronomer
Sonofcharl

Greetings to the one who accepts, I (pro) will argue Earth is round, Con will argue it is flat. 1) Acceptance 2) View/Opinion 3) Rebuttals 4) Defense Good luck!...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago

Space is an intangable reality

BrycePackwood
RR-5L8S

the nature of Reality, universal Consciousness and the subjective Self found in monistic systems of India, particularly in many s$3;tras of Vedanta and Kashmir "6;aivism. These monistic systems do not consider time (or space) as primary but treat it as a derivative of consciousness. A brief summary of monism"s process of manifestation of all objective existence, including time, greatly adds to the present special volume. Monism complements western science. Indian schools of monism complement. Bp...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 7 Hours Ago

The universe was created by a God

NoahIsRight
6gty5jf

I am here to disprove atheism. They say science can explain how the world was created, and maybe it can. It can't explain other things like how we have physics, or even 3D space. The only way you can be atheist an logically believe this is if you believe we live in a computer simulation. However, a computer simulation has to be processed by an actual computer. Which must exist in A. Another computer simulation or B. a reality. All conclusions come down to a root universe that it all has t...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

Evolution vs Creationism

CosmoJarvis
subdeo

This debate will assess whether evolution or creationism is the more logical explanation for man's existence.I, pro will be advocating for the theory of evolution, while con will be advocating for creationism.

Debating Period
14 Comments
Updated 13 Hours Ago

Nightmare society

vi_spex
GodTier

Nightmare society. In every muslim man is a nightmare, one that keeps him in his place, the fear of opposing islam, especially when everyone of the nightmare society, are muslim....

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago