Science Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

dogs should be classified as rodents

tellytiger
frankfurter50

Dogs should be classified as rodents and not mammals. Now, you may think I'm crazy, but I have evidence that they are falsely labeled mammals. First off, they are sneaky little Lucifer spawns. For example, you might be making a pizza and lets say you have to take a bathroom break. So you go to the loo and go about your business and you're just enjoying the thought of you soon eating a delicious slice of warm, crisp pizza. Then y...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

Should there be a fine for not getting vaccinated?

CatalyticConvertersRule
Arieck

No! I just want to see what ya'll think!!!!!!!!!...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 20 Hours Ago

Flat Earth vs Globe Earth

SilverishGoldNova
Septune

I will be arguing that the Earth is flat. My opponent will argue the Earth is a sphere. 1. I will be placing the BoP on both sides. 2. My opponent will not post their arguments until the next round. 3. Round 2 is strictly for arguments, round 3 is strictly for rebuttals to those arguments....

Voting Period
18 Comments
Updated 11 Minutes Ago

Why aren't MS Reactors Widely Used?

Libeks

I believe that MSRs like LFTR haven't got the popularity they deserved, You may ask why. Now let me tell you what is an MSR and what does LFTR uses as fuel An Molten Salt Reactor(GEN. 4) is a fission reactor that even the fuel itself is a molten salt mixture It can run at higher tempatures than water cooled reactors. The fuel can be solid or can be dissolved in the coolant Most designs uses Uranium Tetlafluoride, It is generally chosen over other salts, because of it's elements usefulne...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Black holes are sci-fi pseudoscience

Edlvsjd
Ramshutu2

I'm more or less taking the negative position of the existence of black holes, and my opponent should try to convince me that black holes are a reality. He should do so using the scientific method and our objective reality....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

There are 78 Genders

DebateVex
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2

I believe that the binary gender system that most people believe in is not sufficient for the modern day. Scientists have discovered 78 genders and facts cannot be disputed... Also, I believe that there should be a bathroom for each type of gender in all public areas. This should be a law and if not followed, the business will be shut down....

Voting Period
5 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

Can we use a VR?

dahee
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2

VR is 'Virtual Reality. It is used a lot nowadays. If you use it or see it, do you think we can use VR? I think we can use a VR. First, it can give us many experiences. Nowadays, people are busy, so we can't have more experiences than before. So I think VR can give us many good experiences. Second, VR can be used for educate. When we learn about other countries, we can be there through VR. So we can understand well when we don't use VR. Third, we can experience a thing that we can't do. Acc...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago

Is water wet?

Autism327
32ciN

Water is wet retard. You don't feel wet underwater because that's all there is, wetness. Look at the definition of wet. Something covered or saturated with a liquid. Water is wet because it covers itself therefore making itself wet. Water stays in it's molecular pattern because the cohesion between other water molecules is stronger than the cohesion between water and your skin. Yes, water molecules will stick to your skin as you get out of a pool or any other body of water. But not a significant...

Voting Period
5 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago

The earth is spherical in shape.

Septune
Edlvsjd

A similar debate was already posted and accepted, but I don't think it's going to have the depth I was looking for. Repost. Must have completed at least 5 debates before it is possible to accept this debate. Please read the rules. --Summary-- I'm looking for a serious debate on this topic, so trolls need not apply. We'll be shooting for an evidence-based inquiry into the shape of our planet. In the past, I've seen that it can be trying to find the time (or in this case, space) to presen...

Debating Period
12 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

The earth is spherical in shape.

Septune
deltasmeltsuck

A similar debate was already posted and accepted, but I don't think it's going to have the depth I was looking for. Repost. Please read the rules. --Summary-- I'm looking for a serious debate on this topic, so trolls need not apply. We'll be shooting for an evidence-based inquiry into the shape of our planet. In the past, I've seen that it can be trying to find the time (or in this case, space) to present all possible arguments on the issue, so we're going to be doing a "best two" for...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 6 Days Ago