Science Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Mankind is the main cause of global warming

tejretics

Full Resolution: Mankind is probably the main cause of global warming in current times. This debate is impossible to accept. Please apply in the comments section if you wish to participate. Accepting this debate without my permission is a loss. First round is acceptance. BOP is shared. No new arguments in the final round. Rules and definitions are *not* contestable. [Sidenote: per standard debate convention, troll...

Challenge Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Resolved: Human Activity Is a Significant Factor in Global Warming on Planet Earth.

BLAHthedebator

This debate is impossible to accept. Apply in comments. The voting floor is set at 1500. If accepted without permission, Pro automatically wins the debate.______________________________________________________________I will add in definitions to prevent semantics arguments from arising.DEFINITIONS Man-made: Created by a human o...

Challenge Period
40 Comments
Updated 14 Hours Ago

The Mr. Gofu Theory

gokuFNAF2
DATXDUDE

The Mr. Gofu theory suggests that gold is harder than diamond, is harder than steel, but is not harder than aluminum....

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 13 Hours Ago

Nasa able to accomplish Mars mission

Akhilpandey
Epica

They can do it or not...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 12 Hours Ago

morality=doing the right thing

vi_spex
gokuFNAF2

morality=right+intent right=reason cause+effect=logic logic+experience of it=reason(concept, simulation of logic) morality is subjective but guided by objective, so absolute like math...

Voting Period
32 Comments
Updated 23 Hours Ago

know=physical experience=absolute

vi_spex
Tough

my shoe=black and white the castle i see=larger then the house besides it 2 stones in my hand and 2 more stonse in my hand=4 stones in my hand the soda can in my hand=unzipped by me, just opened it...

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

5 rounds represent the limit of admin intelligence, motivation, lack of sense, failure to recognize

vi_spex
mostlogical

to set a debate to 5 rounds is like limiting a boxing match of the most excellent skilled fighters to 4 seconds in the ring.. and then you guys start voting.. being all serius.. fcking disgrace :)...

Voting Period
8 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Science is a threat to Humanity

hellywon

Closed debate, please comment in the sections if you wish to debate against me. I will choose someone at the end. Resolved: Science is a threat to Humanity In this debate, we are surfacing again the question of science. In our modern day we have many benefits from science, which has branched into technology. There are of course harms when science is used too much. We in our society believe that science is everything. Science has developed everything we need in this world. This has branched...

Challenge Period
14 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Global Warming has not accelerated the Water Cycle in the last 115 years

medv4380
gokuFNAF2

Global Warming has not accelerated the Water Cycle in the last 115 yearsResolution:Global Warming has not accelerated the Water Cycle in the last 115 years.DefinitionsGlobal Warming - A process of climate change frequently associated with the warming of the environment due to man made pollution.115 Years - For statistical limitations to be 1900 to 2014 and early 2015Accelerating the water cycle - A sustained increase in water evapo...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

religious beliefs or science

hbk24
Epica

religious beliefs are being followed nowadays in society which might not be true whereas science follows a theory supported by reasons which one is true i think we have to follow science because it has strong reasons behind everything and this can also diminish the social division of religion...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 20 Hours Ago