Science Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Evolutionism vs Creationism

Israel.Hadden
ProffesorSavage

Through an amazing amount of evidence including astrology, archeology, biology, philosophy, and historical studies, I have found Creationism to be the only plausible answer for the beginning and purpose for life. Not only any Creator however, but the Creator that is clearly outlined in the Bible. I have found it true that Jesus was the son of God, did many miracles, and rose again. I would prefer an Atheist with many counter arguments to be involved in this debate....

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 16 Hours Ago

IOT and Privacy

Emil-soerup
Coveny

Join in with you position...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

NASA should develop a hybrid Startram system to save fuel

Coveny

It currently takes NASA over 3 million lbs of fuel to get the space shuttle into space. A hybrid open air maglev system releasing the shuttle going 300 mph at the top of Mount Elbert (23,533 ft above sea level) could provide initial thrust and reduce the amount of fuel used per flight dramatically, from 0 mph release at sea level that is currently in use. The cost to build the hybrid system would be a significantly lower capital expense than a full startram system. (even if the cost per launch w...

Challenge Period
6 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Whole Body Transplants for Life Extension: Too Yucky?

alderon67
Sonofcharl

I love the idea of extending life through a whole body transplant/brain transplant, but some people simply think it is too yucky. If we are going to die any way, then why not? (We'll pretend for the debate that science has achieved the ability to grow a whole body in a lab (minus a brain) so you wouldn't use the body of someone who has died.)...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

matter displaces space

robnol1234
thatNerd

matter displaces space,.displace enough space and all space is displaced creating a black hole...a vaccum free of all space... in our universe just not in our space anymore .. its not the volume that displaces space but the density of the object.......

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

Existence of Creator- Yes or No, BoP on Pro

JimShady
QueenDaisy

I've looked through your profile/voting log and it seems you are firmly atheist. Therefore I challenge you to a friendly debate: I must prove that a creator exists, and you must try to prove that a creator does not exist. BoP is only on me. Round 1: will be for acceptance Round 2: Arguments, no rebuttals Round 3: Rebuttals, no new arguments. Please accept, this will be a quick debate and fun too....

Voting Period
6 Comments
Updated 23 Hours Ago

Wind/Hydroelectric is Superior to Solar

byaka2013
RR-MKIV

Round 1 acceptance only(this was a continuation of a previously forfieted debate) ...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 18 Hours Ago

Is Abortion Good or Bad?

Slyrite
Hamza_mazin

Argue with an opponent!...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

THB: Extraterrestrial life exists

QueenDaisy
thejack2822

[reposting because someone accepted but then never posted an argument. Please do not accept the debate if you are going to fail to post any arguments] R1: Definitions, acceptance, pronoun introduction. No arguments should be offered. Any arguments offered should be ignored by voters. The definitions provided by pro will be the definitions used for the duration of the debate- Con needn't provide definitions, unless they are for a word which Pro has not yet defined. R2: Main body of argument....

Voting Period
5 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

natural=unspecified or random

vi_spex
E1323

there is no god.....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago