Science Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Gmos are dangerous and could result in human extinction

Thecannon
Apollo353

First round is acceptance....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 18 Minutes Ago

Is Slug More Slug?

kilsnail
AngloSlugro

Why Slug more slug 1- Slug is so much light than snail who have shell to copy slug technology. 2- The snail use the shell because is a effing gay 3- snail got crush so easy, and you can give the slug to ur dog chew and it ll still eat lettuce. 4- shell is MORE heavy than no shell. 5- some slug have internal shell because more evolved 6- Your cousin will not want to stay on your house to play slug. 7- If you trow the slug on the wall, the wall will go up. 8- Trow both on w...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Aliens

FreedomBeforeEquality
Atheist-Independent

I've gotta revisit this one and get some other perspectives. Looking for someone who believes in other life forms (or at least a high probability of them) in our universe, originating from planets other than earth, and being able to make contact with our planet. Please give me at least some shred of a reason to even consider it a mathematical possibility. A physical possibility....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

The Earth orbits the Sun

yoshidino
Zanomi3

Early scientists once held the geocentric position that the Sun orbited the earth. Later, Copernicus introduced the heliocentric model, Earth rotating the sun. This model was excepted and the other discarded and thought prehistoric and pretty much as stupid as the Earth being flat. My question: What PROOF do you have to confirm the heliocentric model? Because I have proof that completely debunks it. And please mention the pendulum....

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 13 Hours Ago

0.9999 (repeating) = 1

TheTom
Jzyehoshua

Normally debates are about opinions. This is about fact. I maintain that 0.9999 (going on forever) is the same thing mathematically, and realistically as 1. I expect my opponent to have an understanding of math, such as basic algebra, and rules of infinity. First round is for acceptance AND posting arguments. For the sake of simplicity, the term 0.999... will mean 0.999 repeating. FAIR WARNING: This is a mathematical fact. The evidence is on my side. If you choose to accept this argument, you...

Voting Period
18 Comments
Updated 21 Hours Ago

Do Aliens Exist

sopeisinthecat
FreedomBeforeEquality

I believe that aliens do exist because there are so many people with almost the exact same stories....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

Do Aliens Exist

sopeisinthecat
RevNge

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

We cant imagine "aliens" as long as there is no clue.

Lukas8
akhlakm

The first round is only to accept the debate. This debate can also go a bit of topic, if needed. I would like to say that its unpredictable how aliens look like and why aliens wouldn't do "invasions, attack, parasitizing..." My opponent should explain why he/she believes that we are related to them, that they are invading us or any other "ET" topic in this way....

Voting Period
8 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

The Earth orbits the Sun

yoshidino
Rubikx

Early scientists once held the geocentric position that the Sun orbited the earth. Later, Darwin introduced the heliocentric model, Earth rotating the sun. This model was excepted and the other discarded and thought prehistoric and pretty much as stupid as the Earth being flat. My question: What PROOF do you have to confirm the heliocentric model? Because I have proof that completely debunks it. And please mention the pendulum....

Voting Period
4 Comments
Updated 22 Hours Ago

No Facts for Evolution

NaturalFlavors
Bubbagump282

I do not believe that there is any scientific proof for evolution, I would like Con to prove otherwise....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago