Science Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Tigers Are Not real

Krusher99
ajisthetruth

Tiggers are not reel ive never seen 1,,, thats like som fanicc stuff ni anjnimals have strippes...

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 13 Hours Ago

Nuclear Power

bsh1

IntroThis debate is currently impossible to accept. Please let me know if you're interested. If you accept without my express written permission, you automatically forfeit the debate and empower me to have Max reset it to its original condition.This was an old LD resolution, and it's on an issue of increasing relevance as the industrialized world slowly moves to a post-carbon fuel society. It should be an interesting topic for debate and discussion.<...

Challenge Period
10 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Should animals be used for Scientific Experiments?

aliros619
fishhunter61

Animals should not be used for Scientific experiments my first reason is: Reason 1: Animal species become endangered due to death in testing. Animal become endangered mostly because of mass deaths. Animal testing can cause those mass deaths. The act of animal testing kills millions of defenseless animals a year, causing endangerment or even extinction among a wide variety of species. For example lets take chimpanzees. Wild chimpanzees have been and still are protected by the law since 1990, b...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

absolutes=existence

vi_spex

absolute is absolute not not absolute.. a rock is a rock, not not a rock absolute=absolute=words on a screen reading these words on the screen=open eyes know=true=life=experience=see IS=i experience=my screen...

Challenge Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Evolution vs Creationism

CosmoJarvis
sengejuri

This debate is a discussion arguing whether the theory of Evolution or Creationism is the cause of our origins.I, pro, will be arguing that humans were created through evolution, while con argues for creationism.Rounds:R1) Acceptance...

Debating Period
8 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Pain is true

vi_spex
11icecube11

joy and pain are the only true emotions...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 6 Days Ago

Transgenderism Is A Mental Illness

Backwards_Bishop
jareness

A man who claims to be a woman "on the inside" should not be considered a normal, sane person. A man, who has X and Y chromosomes, can never have X and X chromosomes, such as a woman does. It is not offensive to say this, it is never offensive to say the truth. What is offensive is when people are called "transphobic" for using their head. A man cannot, and will never, change into a woman and the same goes vice versa....

Voting Period
6 Comments
Updated 6 Days Ago

Is Ice A Mineral?

Emelin
CosmoJarvis

I started this debate to prove everyone my point. My position is that ice is NOT a mineral. Yes, it has all the requirements, but it should still be a mineral in ALL temperatures and forms. A form of ice is water, which is NOT a mineral....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Humans are responsible for global warming

CodyNiskanen
brinzahar

It's been said that humans are responsible for "Global Warming" due to our carbon emissions and high atmospheric pollution rate. While I agree that we are polluting the atmosphere at an extremely high rate, I disagree that, our carbon emissions are to blame. According to Science Magazine, measurements of ice core samples show that over the last four climactic cycles (past 240,000 years), periods of natural global warming preceded global increases in CO2. Also, A 2005 study published in Nature fo...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Should animals be tested for scientific and/or commercial use?

nerdydork4044
Some_Confused_Kid

Hello, Challenger. You will be taking the position as the Pro (for) person. The first round will be basic. You will give information on your side of things, and cite some evidence. The second round will be basic also. On the third round we will give questions to our opponent, and in the fourth round, we will answer those questions.Rules:1) Uncited evidence is not allowed. PLEASE cite your evidence2) You get two days to per round.3) If you don't publish your arg...

Voting Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago