Science Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

having no beliefs, is a super power

vi_spex
AlexanderOc

belief=zombie=the body of a dead person given the semblance of life, but mute and will-less, by a supernatural force belief=supernature(false, future) know=nature(true, now) knowledge=machine(truth, past) supernature is in contrast with nature, like superman is in contrast with man, so nature is first and then I can imagine...

Debating Period
14 Comments
Updated 20 Hours Ago

Animals should have rights

NedaViana
Jebediah-Kerman

This round is just for acceptance. Do not state your first argument here. Please write back ASAP. Thank you for debating....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 59 Minutes Ago

Are there life out there besides aliens or there are just aliens.

thunderlight01
ObjectivityIsAMust

Because i think there just cant be aliens space what do you guys think....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Animal research is very beneficial and not that bad

Gabe1e
debatingequality

First Round: AcceptanceSecond Round: Pro argues/Con rebuts and opens argumentsThird Round: Pro rebuts & argues again/Con rebuts & argues again Fourth Round: Pro rebuts & conclusion/Con conclusionI am for animal research being beneficial and not that bad, Con must prove it is not beneficial and bad. ...

Debating Period
10 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

GLOBAL WARMING: A Team Debate.

Global_Team.1
Mikal

Resolution: Man-Made Global Warming is a Threat.Summary: The debate is about whether or not Man-Made Global Warming is a threat to humanity. This debate is not about natural global warming. BOP is shared.Rules:1- No semantics.2- Words on pictures do not go against the Character Limit (do not test it, however.)*3- Public...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Global Warming

sidewinder
lannan13

I recently saw a statistic that 1 in 4 Americans were skeptical of global warming and its damage to the world. TO be quite frank I found this disturbing and I would like to challenge anyone who believes Global warming is a farce to debate this prudent issue....

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 14 Hours Ago

Resolved: On Balance, the benefits of Genetically Modified Foods Outweigh the Harms

CanfieldDebateChamp
Ariesx

This first round exists to establish the the parameters of the debate. If you wish to face me, please just say that you accept or whatever in your round 1 speech. The remainder of the debate will be as follows. Round 2: Constructives Round 3: Rebuttals Round 4: Counter-Rebuttals/Case Rebuilding Round 5: Key Voting Issues (NO NEW EVIDENCE HERE!!!) The rules are fairly straight-forward and self explanatory. The only thing of note is that new evidence in Round 5 should be discounted. Moreover...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Evolution isn't true

Sphynx111222
benko12345678

I'd like to say evolution isn't true because its based on religion and not on science. Weve never seen a monkey become a guy......

Voting Period
5 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

Evolution is true and it cannot be denied

ChandanB
ingrambros

I hereby challenge Mr. cheyennebodie to debate me on evolution in all terms,both scientifically and religiously. Evolution has happened and is still happening as we speak. I donot 'believe' that evolution happened, I know that evolution happened (is happening),because we have undeniable evidence for it. I challenged him because I came across one of his comment saying people are 'infected' with Darwinism....

Debating Period
11 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Genetically engineered food isn't completely bad

Lukas8
DonutPieFace

The first round is only to accept the debate. The debate can go a bit of topic, if needed. After the debate we continue on comments. I think that genetically engineered food isn't really bad, except if: -Its being owned by large corporations -Its not Labeled -Its massively planted in sensitive environment (hurts the continuing selection) CON should mainly say why she/he thinks that GE-food is very bad or why He's agreeing under these 3 exceptions....

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago