Science Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Taking nature oil makes earth goes to the global warming.

Linggommarpaung
Repcon

Taking much nature oil makes earth less of its mass.so the earth will be closer to the sun....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 22 Hours Ago

Dark energy is spin energy

Akhenaten
acolevfx

The universe gets its energy from aetheric spin. This is the only logical place that energy can come from. All other concepts of energy creation are false....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 47 Minutes Ago

tazmainin tiger being cloned back to life

lovernnnnnnnnnnn
jakobe1

should this wolf be cloned...

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago

lovernnnnnnnnnnn
PowerPikachu21

should this wolf be cloned...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

The quantum fluctuations arguement dissproves the existence of God.

JimShady
cakerman

Whenever a theist puts forth the question "how does something come from nothing?", atheists have a very scientific and seemingly full proof answer of quantum fluctuations. Quantum fluctuations are "random fluctuations can produce matter and energy out of nothingness." [1] This is a source used from the seemingly atheist person I am debating. The article says that because of these quantum fluctuations, the universe/big bang can produce itself without need of a God. The article states "The Big...

Debating Period
39 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

There is no such thing as virus

Akhenaten
cakerman

There is no such thing as a virus. This concept was invented at the same time as scientists started to realize that bacteria don't cause disease, so they had to find another smaller disease base. The viruse is just a fictional creation to justify the pharmaeutical industry in its quest to create a mullti-billion dollar empire of profit making. Ebola and polio are caused by pesticides and not by viruses. This is a cover-up to protect the pharmaceutical industry from litigation and blame.

Voting Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

The Earth is spherical in shape.

Cobalt
Edlvsjd

This is a challenge specifically for Edlvsjd. No user except him should have the ability to accept this debate. If for whatever reason you aren't Edl and are capable of accepting, I ask that you don't. This debate will take a small step away from the traditional "flat earth" debate with Edl, as he will no longer have an obligation to present a case for a flat earth, or any shape earth. Instead, I will be arguing that the Earth is spherical and Edl will attempt to show that my arguments are wr...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

God does not exist.

Cobalt
MagicAintReal

A DDO error caused the previous debate to be unintentionally forfeited, so this is the continuation of that debate. Previously, I opened the debate to multiple topics, the opponent chose the one currently set as the topic, he presented some definitions, then made brief clarifications regarding burdens. Finally, I submitted my arguments and the system error occurred. The debate can be found here. [http://www.debate.org/debates/Challenger-Chooses/1/] I'll repost my arguments here, then the deba...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Climate Change Exists

Caden335
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2

Climate change is most definitely real. 97% percent of the world's scientists agree on this, and its effects are already showing. It is most definitely real, and those who argue against it are actually people who make the energy that causes climate change. And if we don't regulate it, the Earth is doomed. Climate change is real and being caused by factories, fossil fuels, and cars...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

the concept of herd immunity is a fraud

Akhenaten
cakerman

The concept of herd immunity is a fraud. It is totally illogical and has never been proven to exist. The idea of herd immunity comes from the pharmaceutical industry which needs to sell lots of drugs to the the public. They do this by instiling fear and distrust in the community with concepts like 'herd immunity'....

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago