Science Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Given the available data, denying the theory of evolution is completely unreasonable

Burncastle
daley

This debate should be impossible to accept, comment if you want to debate. Some clarifications: - I will have most (if not all) of the BoP, but my opponent should feel free to present any arguments he/she deems useful, either against evolution or in favor of an alternate theory. - The first round is for acceptance and I would like my opponent to present his/her position very quickly. - My first argument will be mostly copy pasted from one of my earlier debate, so don't be surprised...

Debating Period
79 Comments
Updated 12 Hours Ago

Pregnancy Begins at Conception - not Implantation. ACOG is wrong.

Chuz-Life

** For the purpose of screening candidates, this deabate should be near impossible for you to accept. However, if you are interested in accepting the role of defending ACOG's position in this debate, please make yourself known in the comments section. **The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) has issued the following statement in response to recent 'personhood' measures by some States in the U.S.

10 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

MOM is a wasteful mission and shall be called off.

DDhananjay
lannan13

well, to start with, i'd just like to say that all the missions that are launched off to Mars or others as well, are simply a waste of time and money and shall be called off at once....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

God is Alive

PandaBatman
Victoria85176

That God's not dead....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Creation Should Be Taught As An Alternative Scientific Theory To Evolution In Science Classes?

Sagey
Domr

I will be taking the Con side in this debate, as I consider that there is no reason to teach Creation as an alternative Scientific Theory to The Theory Of Evolution.As I really don't consider it has the capability of being an Alternative Explanation For the Diversity Organisms.I will be accepting anybody for the Pro position who is...

Voting Period
38 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Resolved: The United States Federal government should mine asteroids.

lannan13
Astal3

This is Round 1 match-up between Lannan13 and Astal3 in the Adopt-A-Noob Tourney. The Resolution that we are debating is above. The link for the AAN Tourney can be found here. (http://www.debate.org/forums/debate.org/topic/44249/) RulesBurden of Proof is shared.Round 1 is for acceptance only and definitions only.Round 2: Contentions will be presented no rebuttals.Round 3: RebuttalsRoun...

Debating Period
8 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Are we living in a halographic universe.

tyson312
KhalifV

According to the quantum physics,string theory scientists claim that we are living in a holographic universe.Heisenbergs uncertainity principle and dual nature of light gives a great hint to prove this concept...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 11 Hours Ago

Evolutionary science is a metaphysical research programme

bigtown
Burncastle

Hi, I want to argue the position that evolutionary 'science' is really a metaphysical research programme, and consequently should and cannot be considered or taught as science in state sponsored education. If it is to be taught, it ought to be confined to religious studies along with creation. I will take the PRO position and BoP is 100% on me. In accepting this debate you are conceding to the fact that we live in an entirely physical realm and that through science, it has been proved bey...

Voting Period
25 Comments
Updated 15 Hours Ago

Is anything there as Aliens?

DebayushChakraborty
Connor98

I am going Pro to the topic. It is about the simple theory of the presence or absence of Aliens. Challenge me as soon as possible....

Voting Period
5 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

The Big Bang Theory Is Probably True

Subutai
ChosenWolff

Unfortunately, neither of the people who wanted to accept this debate have responded back to me. However, after an interesting discussion in one of the poll's comments section, ChosenWolff has kindly asked to take up the challenge. Full Resolution The Big Bang Theory is probably valid. BoP is on pro. Definitions The Big Bang Theory: "The prevailing cosmological model for the early development of the universe. The key idea is that the universe is...

Debating Period
217 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago