Science Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Pedosexuality is clearly good so what can be done to stop the right from destroying their lives?

minho008
Oxior

A persons sexuality is perfectly OK and it has been proven to support the mental and spiritual health of humanity. So if you think about it, The reality is, That it is the conservatives who are destroying the progress of positive change. It was the conservatives who was responsible for the Spanish inquisition, Which attacked those who did not follow the ways of the conservative dictatorship. It was the conservatives (under the title Pharisees and Sacristies) who killed Jesus and through the...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Genetic Engineering of Humans Is Ethical.

Makena
billsands

I'd like to start off this debate with the framework that genetic modification is NOT cloning, And cloning is not relevant to this debate whatsoever. "Ethical" means morality (people in my debate league confused it with logic, Eye roll) and that if these narrows are violated, I will call you out for it. My first assertion revolves around Health, And that with the assistance of genetic modification, Health problems will dramatically decrease. Approximately 95% of health problems are genetic,...

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Should the UN ban companies from genetically modifying their livestock?

CHAMGMO490
fortnitegamer19

Should the UN ban companies from GMO'ing their livestock to make a larger profit?...

1 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Should the UN ban compaines from genetically modifying their livestock?

CHAMGMO490
zapshe

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Should GMO'ing animals be illegal?

CHAMGMO490
fortnitegamer19

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

The earth is a globe

debaterstudent1
TheRedPlanet

Hello there! I am just very confused as to why an individual would choose to believe that the earth is flat. I am sure, That there are many debates on this already, But I still wanted to be able to participate in a debate. I just have a very basic question. . How do you deny the curvature of the earth? You know, If you look into the horizon, You'll only be able to see the very top of a ship sailing to shore. Of course continued by the rest of the ship as it is coming closer. How would...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Medical Advancements Should Be Made With The Goal of Increasing Health Span Not Lifespan

Xaipes
TheUnexaminedLife

Scientific perspective: The ever increasing global human population has been contributing to the strain towards the Earth's natural resources, Thus leading to pollution. Instead of means of population control, Measures should be taken in order to prevent the further increment of human lifespan in order to reduce the population size worldwide. However, Measures should also be taken in order to increase the health span of humans. This will lead to an increase in the number of people who are able...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Human-Caused Climate Change is Impossible

Agent_42
zapshe

A belief in human-caused Climate Change requires one to assert that humans are foreign entities from outside the Universe, Or are created and implanted into the Universe through Intelligent Design/God. If we agree that humans are a naturally occurring product of the Earth, It means the Earth is causing Climate Change since the Earth is a prerequisite to humanity. If you argue that humans are the Cause of Climate Change, You have to hold the belief that humans are an unnatural, Foreign, And p...

10 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Evolution is both a theory and a fact

Hitchslapper
TheUnexaminedLife

The scientific explanation for evolution, Is both a theory and a fact....

50 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Carbon dating is false

1leroy
zapshe

Carbon dating. Dating fossils by carbon dating is a lie: An animal just dead they say there is approx 0. -4zeros-765% carbon inside (I am trying not to repeat myself so I am able to post it). A carbon half-life is about 5700 years, (I am doing this by memory so please correct me if I am wrong). That is not very much, I want you to half it, Half it again, Again and again. After max 50 times of half-lives, There is literally nothing left to measure. (stop and think about it for a second) So the...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago