Science Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Evolution is correct

Axonly

READ: This debate will be a bit different. Lots of people who do this debate type a ton of words. How boring. This debate is going to be different. We are going to debate using 20 words max per each round (Excluding this paragraph). This isn't a particularly serious debate, so I guess the only strict rule is the 20 word max for each argument. Put your argument in quotes if you want to say something else, anything not in quotes cannot be voted on. "Genetics, Paleontology, Zoology and Geology a...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 25 Minutes Ago

The earth is flat not spherical

Edlvsjd
UnitedNations

My opponent thinks the earth is round! Lol! While at the same time, representing the Flat Earth with his profile picture! Accept, and get ready to be schooled....

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 10 Minutes Ago

Denying Science (You Choose)

MagicAintReal

*Please do not accept if you're able to.*Instead, apply in comments.I'm searching for someone who denies a particular concept/explanation/principle of science so that I may defend science's honor!The full resolution would be something like:Science's Current Explanation Of _______ Is Unsound.So, post ideas in the comm...

Challenge Period
15 Comments
Updated 19 Hours Ago

being evolution

vi_spex
Shashwat_V

if humans cut of a single finger in a moment of life or death as a rule.. eventually we will be able to regrow our limbs.. like the tail of a lizard, because the lizard that survives getting grabbed by the tail will survive can survive it a finger will regrow genetically for the male to fit the genes of the child evolution=live or die=life or death=survival+adaptation evolution=any difference between any being natural selection(incorrect)=adaptation(correction)...

Voting Period
17 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

This house believes that GM crops are safe and GMOs should not be labeled

ThinkBig
BrendanD19

Resolved: GM Crops are safe to consume and foods made with GM ingredients should not be labeled. Definitions GM/GMO/Genetically Modified Organism: Genetically modified organisms (GMOs) can be defined as organisms (i.e. plants, animals or microorganisms) in which the genetic material (DNA) has been altered in a way that does not occur naturally by mating and/or natural recombination. The technology is often called "modern biotechnology" or "gene technology", sometimes also "recombinant DNA...

Debating Period
11 Comments
Updated 7 Hours Ago

being evolution

vi_spex
SirSocrates

if humans cut of a single finger in a moment of life or death as a rule.. eventually we will be able to regrow our limbs.. like the tail of a lizard, because the lizard that survives getting grabbed by the tail will survive can survive it...

Voting Period
5 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Morality

M0nK3Y
mall

We sew and we reap... If we reap more than we sew, it's irrational consumption, known as evil. If we reap as much, or less than, we sew, it's rational consumption, known as good. Reaping and sewing is one example, that's encircled by other examples. Morality stems from nature, and flourishes in human nature! Morality is a matter of relativity....

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

Evolution is the best theory for the diversity of life.

Khaz
Jerry947

I saw your debate on this topic with another user, but didn't feel like that person did the argument justice (which isn't to trash him/her - it's just my personal opinion). If you'd be willing to accept, I'd like to discuss this with you. Rules: 1) Be respectful.2) Formulate arguments and responses in bulleted or numbered lists, and respond to all of the opponent's points. notes:

Debating Period
7 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

The earth is flat not spherical

Edlvsjd
KthulhuHimself

My opponent would like scientific proof of a divine creator. I feel that if there were scientific proof of a flat earth, this would in turn prove the former. My opponent will argue that the earth is spherical with empirical evidence, and I will argue that the earth is flat. Burden of proof is shared. Any media currently available can be used as evidence until that media or it's producer is proven falsified or untrustworthy. Opponent may start in R1 with his argument and forfeit the last round, o...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

i can describe rainbows in the dark

vi_spex
siahchoi

truth=memory...

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago