Science Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Human life begins at conception (sperm meets egg)

JimShady
TheMarketLibertarian

A debate on whether human life begins at conception or not. I will be arguing that it does, and the Con will be argue that human life begins at some other point, you can pick. Burden of Proof will be on me especially. Con doesn't necessarily have to prove human life begins at his proposed point, but it would only help his case. I want the format to go like this: Round 1: Acceptance, and please state when life begins (or if you are undecided) Round 2: Arguments. Round 3: Additional ar...

Debating Period
10 Comments
Updated 22 Hours Ago

atheism=a religion, like an opposing religion

vi_spex
Xenoth

ye...

Voting Period
4 Comments
Updated 14 Hours Ago

Science is a Disaster

meditator
meatcider

No doubt Science gave us innumerable things we enjoy everyday. But all of it comes at a huge cost. Today, in just a few centuries of the dawn of "science", we've brought our planet on the verge of complete annihilation. Some say the climatic catastrophe has already happened. Weren't then, the old days good? Humanity has been living on this planet for thousands of years, if not more. There was no existence of pollution. But only in the last century we've polluted this planet to death, and we're n...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

moon-landing hoax

faithy1234
Xenoth

fake photoes taken in earth they are full of mistakes...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 23 Hours Ago

vi_spex
Adam786

ye...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

morality=survival truth

vi_spex
123chess456

no king is knife resistant, no king is a god...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 19 Hours Ago

Are there subspecies of human?

MrMosin
kylet357

I believe that there are different subspecies of human that mostly correspond to race. (Not saying any race is better than another)...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Resolution: All whole numbers are interesting.

sboss18
GangstaRob

Starting a relatively casual-style debate for anyone interested. I am for the idea that every single whole number can be considered interesting, and my opponent will try to convince us the resolution is false. I will provide all necessary definitions I can think of. (Feel free to let me know if you want me to change any of the given definitions. I will consider reasonable alterations.) All: The whole quantity or...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 46 Seconds Ago

Plants are Mammals

JimmyDeanSausageLover
CosmoJarvis

Hello Debate.Com, I am here today to argue that plants actually are mamals okay. First off plants are mammals because they have body fluids just like normal humans and they use it to carry essential materials through their body. And example of this would be grass blood or tree sap. Also the plants nurture their young (the fruit) by giving it food and stuff while it is still attached making grow. Tree milk is not the same as human milk but it usually has a whitish and thin consistensy. It i...

Debating Period
7 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

A vast majority of Science contains Mathematics

fire_wings
TheDemonSlayer

3 rounds, first acceptance, next arguments, third is rebuttals and conclusion. Resolution is pretty simple. No kritiks. You can accept....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago