Science Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Theory of Evolution

person1234
numberwang

Round 1 - accepting Round 2 - beginning arguments Round 3 - rebuttals Round 4 - Rebuttals Round 5 - conclusion List your sites & resources...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

Does epigenetics have a big impact on evolution?

TruthGen

1st round: Accept the challenge 2nd round: Statements and main points for the defense of each side. 3rd round: Rebuttals 4th round: Second-round rebuttals 5th round: Conclusion (No new information or rebuttals)...

Challenge Period
5 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

Intelligent design is a rational explanation for the origin of species

Jellon
Envisage

Intelligent design (ID) is the belief that life on earth arose from an intelligent source as opposed to natural causes (abiogenesis). As many confuse ID with Young Earth Creationism (YEC), I will explicitly state that ID includes but is not limited to YEC. The BoP for Pro (myself) is to show that there are rational reasons to believe that life on earth was designed by an intelligent source using principles or methods that may be applied outside the scope of the origins of life. The BoP for...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 17 Minutes Ago

Max Wallace is not Max.Wallace.

Max.Wallace

There is a man by the name Max Wallace. He is attempting to capitalize on Max.Wallaces's words. Scum....

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 22 Hours Ago

Creationism/Intelligent design should NOT be taught in science classes as a valid scientific theory

Phoenix61397

This debate is impossible to accept. Comment if you wish to debate. Creationism: The belief that holds evolution to be false and promotes a literal interpretation of the Biblical Genesis creation story. I would like to clarify the resolution. The full resolution will be: "Creationism should not be taught in science classes as a valid, legitimate theory with equal scientific weight to evolution." No semantics will be permitted (this goes on my part too, I will not dismiss creationism simp...

Challenge Period
51 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

ERV Evidence Alone Demonstrates Common Ancestry

Envisage

This debate is closed, leave a message if you want to take this debate. Full resolution: "Endogenous Reteroviral Evidence Alone Demonstrates Common Ancestry" This debate is ultimately about evolution, and ERVs I think are pretty much compelling on their own in demonstrating that it occurred. Format: 48h/round 10,000 Words BoP is on me Round 1. Rules/acceptance Round 2. Arguments/rebuttals Round 3. Arguments/rebuttals Round 4. Rebuttals only (no new arguments) Note to voters...

Challenge Period
13 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

Dinosaurs Lived With People

GarretKadeDupre
TruthHurts

I will be arguing that live dinosaurs existed at the same time humans did. I may use the term dinosaur interchangeably with mesosaur or pterosaur. I do not mean birds; that would be abusive use of the term. Voters should exercise their discretion when deciding if my use of the term dinosaur or human becomes abusive.

Debating Period
28 Comments
Updated 19 Hours Ago

Psychiatrist vs Psychologist [?]

BlurtItOUT
tuxagon

OK, Psychiatrist is the one who's specializing in diagnosis and treatment for mental illness. Meanwhile, Psychologist deals with diagnosing and treating diseases of the brain, emotional disturbance, and behavior problems. Which is, both of them deals with people who has mental illnesses. But, what is the BIG difference? And, which is better? For me, I guess I'll go for Psychologist. Pick any of the two, defend your answer. Gracias! xo...

Voting Period
3 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

Evolution vs creationism

roark555
moneyonmymind

I will be arguing that Evolution is superior to creationism. Round 1: Acceptance. Round 2: Opening arguments. Round 3: Rebuttals/arguments. Round 4: Same. Round 5: Closing arguments....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Tyrants do not accept messages as they know it all already.

Max.Wallace
SmallTacos

What I have found on this site is that the most dedicated debaters, and the smartest in their own mind almost always, do not vote on the big issues, or accept messages. They are conceited tyrants. They wish to not have to hear the masses, only dictate their opinion....

Voting Period
14 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago