Science Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

random cause+(and)effect=(is)chaos

vi_spex
Kinryu

any non intended cause is chaos cause+effect=logic...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 34 Minutes Ago

Civil Engineering is the most important engineering discipline ?

Uganda

Imagine a world with no civil engineers ?...

Challenge Period
4 Comments
Updated 17 Hours Ago

Which is tough? mental work or physical work? I Believe Mental work is toughest

Mayura
sans

Hi you have 72 hrs to reply.3 rounds.its just a discussion...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

should genetic modification be tested/applied on humans

infomamiac
Arcanas

Genetic engineering is the process of manually adding new DNA to an organism. it improves the species by introduction of suitable desired genes,it has been used on certain plants and animals,Bacillus thuringiensis being one of them,its pest resistant variety of cotton.what if this was applied to humans ,it could help us in so many different aspects-healthcare,resistance,productivity,(control over our gene structure through which a person can decide what he/she want to be)introduction of desirabl...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 19 Hours Ago

Should we have genetically modified insects?

GreenGavGiraffe
jakelittle135

Before we get started, I have a couple rules 1. All you need to do in the first round is to accept the debate. You may continue onto your arguments if you want after accepting the debate 2. After the first round you HAVE to refute the opposite side of the debate 3. Be polite 4. No foul language 5. Be reasonable and not stupid Now I would just like to talk about why genetically modified insects are bad. Genetically modified insects is not what we want. If we, for example, genetically modi...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 15 Hours Ago

Autonomous robots should be given the ability to kill.

gavinjames10
Unitomic

As I am the creator of this debate, I uphold myself to supply the rules of the debate, the format of the debate, and to supply definitions of the terms in the resolution. Rules: ~NO TROLLING OF ANY SORT. ~The use of Wikipedia as source for any argument is not allowed. ~The Pro must have a case for the Con to argue against. Format: ~In Round 1, the Pro may simply state that they accept the debate. ~In Round 2, both the Pro and Con will only present their case. ~In Round 3, the Pro a...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 13 Hours Ago

The validity of evolution over young Earth creationism.

TheMarquis
genesis01

You seem very confident about your beliefs and like to parade them, so please, allow me to debate you on the issue of evolution. I know that you mentioned carbon dating, but that is a dead horse. Every young Earth creationist I've met has tried to pull that one. This debate will be my millions of years of trial and error against your ten thousand years of divine intervention. As this is posted as a science debate, I expect your citations to be scientific....

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Is animal testing justified?

Romy
Kozu

Animal testing one of the most misunderstood area in the modern day society. It is associated with torture, cruelty and brutality. But this far from what animal testing is, animal testing is a method of research, in order to advance further and learn more. Furthermore, be researching on the animals we learn more about the animal itself. therefore in the long term it will benefit the species and us simultaneously....

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 17 Hours Ago

There is no proof of vestigial parts, that have been found, so far.

E-L-L-E-N
Kozu

Definition of Vestigial Parts (for the sake of this argument): Any human body part not beneficial anymore. Good luck :)...

Debating Period
9 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Mutations are not beneficial, and therefore cannot be used as evidence for evolution.

E-L-L-E-N
RoyalFlush100

Contrary to popular belief, mutations are very rare and in the occasion that they do happen, they are actually very harmful. Def of Mutation: "the changing of the structure of a gene, resulting in a variant form that may be transmitted to subsequent generations, caused by the alteration of single base units in DNA, or the deletion, insertion, or rearrangement of larger sections of genes or chromosomes." Look forward to debating :)...

Debating Period
11 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago