Scientifically, organic tomatoes, and cucumbers are Fruits.

Started: 5/8/2014 Category: Funny

If ANONYMOUS2282, accepts my debate, I will argue Organic Tomatoes (specifically,) are fruits.

Requirements: Show your sources, no vulgarity, have fun.

Though technically fruit, tomatoes fall under the category of "vegetable," according to the Supreme Court.
The high court issued this 1893 tomato ruling in a case brought by members of the Nix family against Edward Hedden, collector at the Port of New York, to recover the fees they spent transporting tomatoes.

The Nixes sued under the Tariff of 1883, which required taxes on imported vegetables " but not fruit
The U.S. government abandoned the Tariff of 1833 for the Black Tariff of 1842, which the Walker Tariff later replaced. But the court's ruling on tomatoes' classification still stands and continues to affect legal proceedings

info from:

I thank my opponent for accepting the debate.

I argue Tomatoes are fruits due to the fact they have Reproductive Organs.
Reproductive Organs: The parts of a plant (such as flowers, fruits, and seeds) involved in reproduction.

The answer is fairly simple according to Exploring Creation with Biology; If a plant has reproductive organs, it is a fruit in a biological perspective.

To further stress my case;
A vegetable would fall under this definition
Vegetative Organs: The parts of a plant, such as (stems, roots and leaves) that are not involved in reproduction.

A tomato is a vegetable

I'm confused... you say "I argue Tomatoes are fruits" then in the bottom of your post you say "A tomato is a vegetable" which side are you in?
Posted by Fight4Liberty 2 years ago
I apologize to my opponent. It was an error on my part.

I meant "A Tomato is NOT a vegetable."
Posted by ANONYMOUS2282 2 years ago
I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE EVEN THOUGH I WAS PICKED ALREADY ;) gtg to school first its just 7 hours ill accept when im finished k
Vote Placed by travis18352 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: con used one source pro used no sources. pro made better arguments.