MistyToast
ATHOS

Scientology is here for the money.

ATHOS

MistyToast

Con

Scientology is the only religion to have a trademark. Meaning if you make a church and put a sign out to advertise it as a scientology church, then you have to money to the trademark owner, for using their trademark.
ATHOS

Pro

Since my opponent didn't lay out some type of format, I will do so here. I'll just accept in this round and MistyToast can begin in the R2. R3 will be for rebuttals and closing. I'd like to wish my opponent the best of luck,
MistyToast

Con

MistyToast forfeited this round.
ATHOS

Pro

Since my opponent failed to post anything, I will just go ahead with my argument here.

(There is still one more round left. I guess in R3 con has another chance of making an argument and i'll just forfeit that round and let the voters decide on who had the best argument. I hope all is well with MistyToast.)

P1- If Scientology requires a substantial amount of money to attain its most highest levels of teachings, then Scientlogy was created to make money.

P2-Scientology requires a substantial amount of money to attain its most highest levels of teachings.

C-Scientlogy was created to make money.

P2 Scientology requires a substantial amount of money to attain its most highest levels of teachings.

'Scientologists who are interested in accomplishing the major goals of Scientology – to become Clear and develop their capabilities as Operating Thetans – should expect to be investing heavily in their spirituality. A rough estimate suggests you’ll be paying $128,000 to reach Clear, another $33,000 to reach OT III, and an additional $100,000 to $130,000 to reach OT VIII, which is the highest level currently available.'

Even the "cheaper" alternative is quite pricey.

''An alternative is to train with a study partner to become an auditor and participate in co-auditing. This is much more time intensive, probably taking many years to complete, but the price tag is much lower at about $50,000 to reach Clear.' (1)

As we can see here to become a serious practitioner of scientology one is required to pay quite a bit of money. Even its cheaper alternative is quite expensive for the average person with an average income(2).

Clearly Scientology is a religion that was made to cater to the rich, all to the benefit of its creator and its trustees.

1. http://altreligion.about.com...

2. http://financemymoney.com...

MistyToast

Con

MistyToast forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by Zarroette 2 years ago
Zarroette
MistyToastATHOSTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
MistyToastATHOSTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture