Smidday
Equality2447

Scottish Independence

Smidday

Pro

This has become a hot topic in Scotland and indeed the UK as the referendum will commence this year on 18 September 2014.

The debate will revolve around, should Scotland become an independent country, why and why not, I will be on the "for" side, please try and use evidence based on your argument.

This is only an acceptance round, consisting entirely of 4 rounds, the final round will be to summarize our points and reiterate our findings and/or beliefs of the pros or cons of Scotland going independent.

Also, the debate will be from recent and up-to-date information regarding the referendum. Please state why you are against this too.

Good luck and all the best to my opponent.
Equality2447

Con

I accept the terms and I'm ready to debate
Smidday

Pro

Smidday forfeited this round.
Equality2447

Con

I will oppose Scottish independence for these contentions:

1)
Europe is the weakest it has ever been. The euro is destroyed. E.U. Countries are going bankrupt right and left subsequently forcing people to riot in the streets. Political unrest is at a all time High, with a second extremist muslim hoards terrorising European cities. Fascism and anarchism Strugeling for power in former socialist and communist countries. Secession always takes a deep negative impact on a country and With England, one of Europes most powerful countries left so vulnerable and Europe in such a fragile state it is selfish of Scotland to risk sinking the European union farther just for their independence.

2)
The U.K. Is a very old country with very exhausted resources, to split these resources between to states would be folly.

3)
The main ailments of the U.K. As of late have been problems with the Irish, the Muslims and the Argentinians, why boil the good blood between the scots and the English when their is no reason too.
Smidday

Pro

Smidday forfeited this round.
Equality2447

Con

Equality2447 forfeited this round.
Smidday

Pro

I would like to apologise to my opponent for not submitting my argmuents within the time scale, it would like to reopen this debate with more rounds and longer debating period, if they choose to accept.

For this debate I am quite happy to forfeit and the opponent can win this round
Equality2447

Con

Equality2447 forfeited this round.