KasperKid
Kerolae

Scream at the Sky day is useless

Argument Due
We are waiting for KasperKid to post argument for round #3. If you are KasperKid, login to see your options.
Updated: 6 hours ago Status: Debating Period

KasperKid

Pro

In my last debate about this, i did not take con very seriously, and that cost me the debate. this time, i will attempt to use evidence and not just logic to prove that liberal holidays like these are useless.
Kerolae

Con

Since you did not start debating in the first round I'll let you have the first debate as it doesn't seem fair for me to have an extra round

I will also try to use evidence
May the best debater win
KasperKid

Pro

Thanks for accepting the challenge. First of all, scream at the sky day is a sort of holiday made to protest 'the current state of our democracy', and/or the election of Donald Trump. America's voting system however, has been operating like this for hundreds of years. Both Hillary and Trump played by the rules and Donald won. Scream at the sky is protesting the American voting system, which allows for all states to get a say. Donald won over America, while Clinton won over a few large states. This holiday is unless.
Kerolae

Con

Sorry for the late reply I was kinda busy

Although, yes Donald trump did win the election more people voted for Hillary and Trump just used better tactics to win. Hillary is the 5th president contender to lose the election desire having more votes. Hillary did not win 'over a few states' she won over more of America than Trump. This isn't fair at all and scream at the sky day is a way to protest this and maybe put pressure on the electoral system to change.
In the past there have been campaigns to put pressure on the government for change. Notably the "Pink Slip" project, which sent 9 million messages to Congress on pink paper threatening members with rejection at the polls in November 2010 if they did not act on their campaign promises. The campaign was so successful, it exhausted supplies of pink paper in North America. Republicans gained 63 House seats to take control of the House of Representatives in that election.
Scream at the sky day is also a stress reliever for the citizens of America which in itself is a use.

Sources: http://metro.co.uk...

http://mobile.wnd.com...
Posted by vortexqueen 3 days ago
vortexqueen
I don't know if it's exactly useless because it can help relieve stress, I guess. However, I would say it causes quite a few problems.