shakuntala
Duncan

Second try "Is this Post Post-modernist poet any good"-as first debate was a sham

Duncan
Started: 7/17/2013 Category: Arts

shakuntala

Pro

I am posting this question a second time as the first debate with Stephen_Hawkins was a sham

Stephen_Hawkins acts in bad faith
Stephen_Hawkins argued the con position ie that this post post-modernist poet was no good

yet
he admits he has not even read the poetry
secondly, no, I didn't read the poetry. ."
http://www.debate.org...

if he has not read the poetry he cant even have a debate

as how can he tell us the post post-modern poet is no good if he has not read the poets poetry

thus his whole debate is a sham

Stephen_Hawkins actually lied in the debate he tells us
"None of this, of course, exists in the poetry above, because it does not have any pretences to being postpostmodernism"

he cant tell us what exists in the poetry as he has not read the poetry -as he admitts- thus he lies

"
and can you believe Enj voted him the winner of the debate it even after I asked Stephen_Hawkins to tell us why the poet was no good-which he did not really address
because as admits he had not read the poetry

http://www.debate.org...
so again if you are not going to read the poetry then dont bother to debate as it will just be a sham like last time

I argue this Post Post-modernist poet is good
http://www.scribd.com...

It is claimed this Post Post-modernist poet is an "untalented poet and philosopher from Australia "
http://www.debate.org...

but
I will say the poet has to be good as the poet gave a poetry recital at The Bohemian Absinthe Lounge, TIME on Sansom St. in Philadelphia in the USA
http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com...

To get an invite for an Australian poet to give a recital in America the poet must be good
Duncan

Con

As an A student (in English only), I have studies poetry, and you may remember me as the one who first challenged you on this stupid erotic poem. First of all, you are prop! Burden of proof IS on you, not on con. but I'll humor you. Using "The Voluptuary" as source, I find this poet to be of poor standard. There is no point to the rhyming in this poem, and while rhyming isn't even necessary in poems, he just has each line end with all, and overuses the word sensation. The only poetic method that can be seen other than repetition is alliteration, just because of the repetition. There is no poetic method to his poems, and so I find them to be lacking in quality. I recommend you attempt to remain emotionally stable during this debate. And as my final point, any poet who reads to a room of absinthe drinkers is wasting their time. They should read to them in their sleep while they're at it.

Awaiting your response,

Duncan.
shakuntala

Pro

hi con
your cliams about the poem being no good are just subjective opinions and based on arbitrary criteria

you say
"First of all, you are prop! Burden of proof IS on you"

and I have proved it by giving the link to the site where it says

the poet gave a poetry recital at The Bohemian Absinthe Lounge, TIME on Sansom St. in Philadelphia in the USA
http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com...

that is my proof
not some subjective opinion based on arbitrary criteria
Duncan

Con

Did you even read my answer? There is no poetic quality to the poem, your accusation that this is only my opinion is canceled out by the fact that you evidence for its quality is your opinion. And did you forget this is a freaking absinthe lounge? You know, one of the strongest drinks in the world? Being invited somewhere doesn't validate you as a poet anyway, unless you want to bring up the time I was invited to the Nation Poetry Recital final in Ireland. Yeah, I do poetry, and just like a music student can analyse a song for its qualities, I can do the same to this poet. And there is no talent behind his poems. They are repetitive, and are literally marketed towards horny drunks. The burden of proof to explain why this poet is any good still lies on you.

Awaiting your response,

Duncan.
shakuntala

Pro

con says
' Being invited somewhere doesn't validate you as a poet anyway,.... The burden of proof to explain why this poet is any good still lies on you"

I have given objective proof of why this poet is good

ie that he was invited to give a reading of his poetry
con has only given his subjective opinion why the poet is no good
his statement that

"Being invited somewhere doesn't validate you as a poet anyway"
that may be true or untrue
but being invited somewhere can mean the poet is good
thus con has not proven conclusively that the poet is no good
thus I win

'
Duncan

Con

An absinthe lounge! It was an absinthe lounge! I didn't even know you could buy absinthe anymore, but apparently there's a bar for horny drunks to invite poets who write erotica. Being asked to read poetry by drunks is not a measure of worth. No, I have already gone through the poems as an English student and found nothing of poetic quality. Just because some absinthe drinkers invite him over doesn't mean he's any good.

I'm going to kill you if you put up any more debates about erotic poetry,

Duncan.
Posted by shakuntala 3 years ago
shakuntala
Hi Duncan
you might find this poem more o your tastes

Femmes-Fecondes
http://www.scribd.com...
Posted by Duncan 3 years ago
Duncan
Oh yeah, and screw you because you made me put this in my search history again.
Vote Placed by MisterDeku 3 years ago
MisterDeku
shakuntalaDuncanTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro doesn't give an argument for the poet being good. Meanwhile Con effectively shows that Pro has a BOP he/she doesn't meet.
Vote Placed by ModusTollens 3 years ago
ModusTollens
shakuntalaDuncanTied
Reasons for voting decision: A poet being invited to read is not evidence of skill. Could anything possibly be clearer? BOP was on Pro, and he did nothing meaningful to prove the resolution.