billden55
Trainer_Shadow

Sega Genesis vs. Super Nintendo

billden55
Started: 5/22/2015 Category: Games

billden55

Pro

So I will be debating that the Super Nintendo is better then the Sega genesis, Games, console design, controller in all ways. Please don't accept if your not going to debate back. You have 24 hours which is plenty of time and I don't want too make a pointless debate.
Trainer_Shadow

Con

I grew up play the Sega Genesis an I believe that it is a better console by far.

I hope for a good debate
billden55

Pro

So I will just name the most important parts of why I am debating this. I have both consoles, Sega genesis and Super Nintendo. The games on the Super Nintendo are so much better. You have Mario kart, Zelda, chrono trigger, Super metroid, Super Mario world, Donkey Kong country In my opinion, better games. On the Sega Genesis you have sonic which is a real winner and probably the best games on the system, you have ecco the dolphin which is ehh, Goldenaxe, altered beast ehh. Not so popular games but still good. There is more but just okay games but not games that are crazy. So I think SNES wins in this area. For console design, I can't debate on that which genesis looks a lot better so I will give you that one. One of the most important things on the console is the controller. For the 3 button genesis controller, it doesn't work well with fighting games and it doesn't have R and L buttons and SNES controller had 4 face buttons, a start and select button, R and an L button. The 6 button controller doesn't count because it wasn't at the release of the genesis. I will let you speak since we have mulitple rounds lol.

This is more of an opinion based debate if you can tell
Trainer_Shadow

Con

I can see where your going at but the one game that I have only seen for the Sega is Contra Hard Corp and yes the Sega controller does suck but I find it better to use for side scrolling shooters, and there are many other good games for the Sega.
billden55

Pro

You didn't really give me something to debate but the Super Nintendo has better graphics in almost all ways. The SNES has more colorful graphics. Sega had a advertising thing and it was blast processing. It meant that Genesis was way faster but it was proven on one game and that was only on sonic. That was the most successful game on the genesis. I think blast processing was not real and just an advertising thing.
Trainer_Shadow

Con

That maybe so but I found that my Sega lasted much longer than my Nintendo. I agree with you on the blast processing, but did you forget that mortal combat also sold more for the Sega.
billden55

Pro

billden55 forfeited this round.
Trainer_Shadow

Con

Trainer_Shadow forfeited this round.
billden55

Pro

This debate is over. I think that the SNES is better then the Sega genesis is better then multiple things, controllers, games, console design and many more things. Vote Pro
Trainer_Shadow

Con

Trainer_Shadow forfeited this round.
Posted by Chain 1 year ago
Chain
Just say extend shadow
Vote Placed by daem0n 1 year ago
daem0n
billden55Trainer_ShadowTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con does not actually present any reasons why the Genesis is better than the SNES, and even admits that the Sega controller sucks and that the selection of games is much greater for the SNES.