Self-help books are useless and waste your money

first round acceptance only.

I accept pro's opinion that self-help books are useless and would waste your money and would like to prove (as con) that self-help books are useful and worth your cash.

I would also ask of pro to provide a definition of "self-help books" for this debate before he begins with his arguments.

thanks for accepting

self help books are books that help you in mostly any way it depends what you buy some relate to happiness, success (money), lose weight etc. there are many. Now im here to argue that they are useless and waste your money. ill be waiting in round 3.

I thank pro for providing his definition of the topic on "self-help books" although it was a bit unclear to me. I will follow Google's more accurate definition on self help books:

SELF HELP BOOKS: Self-help books are written with the stated intention to instruct any readers on a number of personal problems.

Pro also did not submit a structure with how this debate will run, so I'll therefore go straight into my arguments:

1.Self-help books are made to guide people in their life with issues that the majority of people who fail to deal with it themselves. It is for this reason the self-help books are being made and many people would whip out their cash to have those books at home. Some people obviously think it is worth buying because they think it will help them in their life.

I, for example have bought a self-help book myself and definitely think it was worth my money. The book "The 6 most important Decisions you'll ever make" by Sean Covey deals with 6 issues that year 7-12 students (teenagers in general) are almost certainly going to face. To give a general overview, the 6 topics are:

4.Dating and Sex

These 6 topics may look very basic and look simple to deal with, but not for the average high schooler obviously! Without that book, my life would be at a lot worse state than it is now. I'd suggest you read this book to give you an idea on why self-help books are not useless and ARE worth your money.

2.The second issue you mentioned is that it "wastes your money". This is actually quite an easy issue to overcome as you should be able to access some libraries to help you have a basic overview to give you an idea of what the book is like and what it covers. You can also borrow the book and read it at home and return it once you've done. Whether it has been useful or not, you have not wasted your money.

This point on wasting your money is an easy issue to overcome.

Self-help books are useful because they have tips and advices on things that the majority of people do not know or are aware of. It is also not a waste of money because you can simply borrow it from the library if you are not sure about buying it from the store.

cloudbox0 forfeited this round.

It would seem Pro is being quite understanding in not disagreeing with anything I said...

It's a shame we couldn't have a deeper discussion.

cloudbox0 forfeited this round.

It would appear that pro has forfeited this round again. Clearly pro loses points for conduct and arguments because he failed so submit any arguments.

Please vote con!
Vote Placed by baggins 4 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit.