Sadat_Hossain
asif-karim-abir

Self-learning is the best method of being properly educated.

Sadat_Hossain

Sadat_Hossain

Con

Although many people think that self-learning is the best method of being educated, yet I do not think so. I think academic learning is far better a way than the self-learning. The debate is to state that which is better- Self Learning or Academic Learning????
asif-karim-abir

Pro

But,I am on the side of those people who think that self-learning is the best way to make one a properly educated person because the curiosity for knowing anything drives a person to learn anything with eagerness. If a person doesn't will to learn anything from his own conscience then none can enforce him to learn even other person torchers him to do so. On the other hand the will power will ensure to make him educated by self learning. So, I am debating on the pro side of the topic-Self learning is the best method of being properly educated.
Sadat_Hossain

Con

Warm welcome, my opponent. Hopefully, this debate is going to be a splendid one. Well, I do not want to lengthen my speech any more and so that, I am directly going to my main arguments. First of all, I would like to resolute the main term of today's topic "Self-Learning" and show my opposing point. * The first term to be defined is "Self-Learning". It indicates the process of one's being educated oneself, without going to any traditional educational institution. Here is my side of oppose. I want to show the logical importance of Academic Learning rather than that of Self-Learning. My logics are stated as follows: 01. Before everything, I would like to inform you a splendid thing. That is, when politicians in the countries of the third world are asked about their educational qualification, their answer goes, "I am self-educated." even, you can say this. Not only you, everybody can take it as a chance. You may ask of what the relevance of this example is. By showing this example, I want to let you know that self-learning enables the learner to learn the way as he wishes. It means, even if you are learning something in the wrong way, there is nobody to overlook you, nobody to observe you. So, the learner does not get himself or herself in some sorts of discipline. Therefore, we should not leave our young learners in a indisciplined manner of education, your so called system, self-learning. 02. There is competition in academic learning which is quite simply inconceivable in regard of self-learning. If you are not in competition, you won't feel the necessity of upgrading yourself, progressing yourself, developing yourself and lastly, advancing yourself. Is that OK for you? If it is, I have no problem. But I will be very happy if you keenly feel the necessity of competition. If you are in that situation, you will have an automatic attitudial change. And not needed to say that you will be greatly benefited. 03. Then, you will get the touch of modern facilities in your institution. Suppose, you need 10 technologies for the purpose of your study. You may have 3, 4 or 5 ones out of the 10. But in your school or college, you may have all of these. So in this respect also, self learning lags far behind than academic learning. 04. You have talked about eagerness for study. Yes, that also can be produced in academic learning. Eventually, academic learning will let you have most of the opportunities. Finally, I do hope I have been able to make you understand the unsubstantiality of today's topic. So, Bye Bye for now. See you later in the next round.
asif-karim-abir

Pro

Thank you for expressing your opinion and thought about self-learning and your argument was a splendid one, no doubt.Now I would like to state my argument about self-learning and I will also try to make you understand that, your opinion was a little wrong. Firstly, I want to show your mistake, you said that without academic education one, may get an undisciplined and wrong education. Yes, I agree with your information but I didn't say that, a person who is trying to make himself educated can't go to an academic institution, I meant by my argument that, one can be properly educated by possessing the method of self-learning while going to an academic educational institute like normal students. You may have a misunderstanding about my argument or unclear conception about my thought. I am saying that, one should possess the method my 'so called' self learning besides going to an institution. Because, in this modern era, academic education is a must for all people, rich or poor. And academic learning is helpful and is quite like an assistant to 'self learning'. So, I am trying to explain that I am not avoiding academic education at all. I'll mention some advances of self-learning.
Sadat_Hossain

Con

Thank you, dear opponent, for replying to my opinion. First of all, I would like to request you to understand the term "Self-Learning'. It is a compound word. There is a word 'Self' which refers to something relating to ownself. There is no access of any other thing. So, the definition goes there. Self-learning, you have to do it in your own way. There is nobody to interfere. So, Self Learning and Academic Learning are far from different. If Self Learning meant some other thing, also relating to Academic Learning, there would be nothing to debate at all. Because, a students must have to read from his own will. It does not matter how much pressure is imposed on him. So, from that perspective, no debate should be debated. Thus, the definition you gave is not authentic. Let me return to the main share of debate: * In building one's career, academic certificate is nothing but a must. If you want to achieve these academic certificates, you need to take academic education. If you do not that, you won't be able to achieve them. * Furthermore, in this era of science and technology, you have lot many facilities scattering around you. Nothing to wonder that they will attract you in a greater extent. In this context, if no pressure of academic learning is imposed upon you, how can you control yourself? Your mentality will always be either to chat on Facebook, or to play games on computer. Academic learning ensures a calculated pressure to be imposed on you so that you are not greatly addicted to them. Suppose, you have no load of study on you. Then, you might mix up with bad boys, do something unexpected. In that case, who would take the responsibility? Is it your guardian or you? In order to ensure that these things are not happening, Academic Learning lets us with a great chance to build up yourself. * Sometimes, a great willpower to study grows among us that we will study for the whole day or do a lot of thing with it. In most of these cases, we see that our pretended plan is not going successful. We are doing another thing or intended to do another thing instead of study. In this regard, Academic Learning plays a great role. You can't deny the fact. * Now, it is an era of modernisation. Students are being reluctant to study day by day. So, you can't rely upon their will power of Self Learning that they will study themselves. In this viewpoint, you have no option left before you but Academic Learning. So, that's all from now on. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR ACTIVELY PARTICIPATING IN THIS DEBATE.
asif-karim-abir

Pro

asif-karim-abir forfeited this round.
Posted by Joss_Whedon 1 year ago
Joss_Whedon
My problem with self learning is that I took a survey at my school, asking what the children would learn about if they taught themselves and mostly got "Sports," or "Nothing, I don't need to learn," as responses.
Vote Placed by Bennett91 1 year ago
Bennett91
Sadat_Hossainasif-karim-abirTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro FF