Misatheginger
Elord

Senior commmunity service projects should be optional.

Misatheginger

Pro

Seniors in high schools may seem like they have the easy life, but it's the complete opposite. They still have to continue to maintain they're grade point average to get into their college of their dreams. They have their senior project at the end of the school year, which is the majority of their grade, but they cannot fail that grade. The first three years of high school is based around senior year of high school. Picking out the college they go to and planning their future shouldn't be ruined by one community project.
Elord

Con

I apologize that round is short, but my computer crashed and I don't have the energy this round to type 5000 characters.

Anyways...
Rebuttals
"Seniors in high schools may seem like they have the easy life, but it's the complete opposite."
Cue senoiritis.

"They still have to continue to maintain they're grade point average to get into their college of their dreams."
Rarely do colleges reject them if they were already accepted. If I got accepted with a 4.0 GPA, and I drop to a 3.0 or 3.5, they don't care as long as I don't fail. Not failing is very hard...

https://en.wikipedia.org...

"but they cannot fail that grade."
It's school, obviously you can't fail... If they did get into college, I doubt high school projects are challenging enough that despite all your efforts, you fail.

"Picking out the college they go to and planning their future shouldn't be ruined by one community project."
If you failed a high school assignment, than you have no place in a college; In the US, at least, college is a privilege and if you aren't up to the standards you can't go. The standards are basically not to fail! I don't see why a graduating senior would have a problem with doing school projects. They've been doing it for 3 or 4 years already.

Pro is basically angry that failing this one project can mess up your future. What Con is saying is that it shouldn't matter at all, and if it does, you clearly messed up something.

I apologize again for the shortness, so back to you Pro.
Misatheginger

Pro

Misatheginger forfeited this round.
Elord

Con

Extend all.
Misatheginger

Pro

Misatheginger forfeited this round.
Elord

Con

Extend all and vote me.