Serious relationships are better than just dating

Con Tied Pro

Thankyou Realist, for accepting this debate. I appolagize for the wait. Unfortunatley i have drafted this at least three times all in which have been erased.

1. This debate is purely for fun, so both debaters will treat each other with proper respect.

2. This is purely each debaters own opinion, therefore they may argue from whatever standpoint they desire, however, may not use any evidence as hard fact.

With that said i will begin.

#1- My first point is that having a serious relationship, limits us to a whole world of new people. We are bounded to one person, and one person only. But by just dating, we can be with practically anyone we want. What if your in a serious relationship with some one, and later on you find out that you really don't have all that much in common? Then you have to go through all the heartbreak of splitting up for no reason.

See, but if you are just dating, it wouldn't be nearly as bad once you find out you don't have much in common, because you didn't have any committment to that person anyway.
Another benefit of that is you won't have to deal with all the drama and stress that comes with a break-up.

#2- My second point is friendship. Alot of people know what I'm talking about, when they have got into a serious relation ship with a close friend, which 90% of the time screws things up after the break-up occurs. It is really troubling, when a friendship you have had for a long period of time, is disrupted or ruined because of a relationship.
However, you can date a friend all you wish, without worry of having to break-up with that person or lose their frienship.

#3- my last point, is that there is alot less stress. When you are in a serious relationship, you are suddenly entitled to do more than you bargained for. The other person has to know pretty much where you are every second of everyday. You have to do extra things, like buy them expensive things for their birthdays, and go with them cloth shopping etc. All in all its just a big hassle you normally wouldn't have to worry about by just dating.

Again i would like to thank realist for offering to accept this debate, and i hope it will be fun.

Hi there,

Thanks for posting this debate. It looks to be a fun and relaxing discussion, while still quite interesting :) I'll also say at this point that I agree completely with the rules you've set forth. I plan on being as respectful as possible.

Just for the sake of clarity, I propose that we agree on definitions before properly engaging our discussion. I've found myself, on various occasions, in a situation where a disagreement I have with someone during a discussion really just comes down to semantics. That is to say, we agree fundamentally but just misunderstood what the other meant when they used certain words or phrases, etc. Tell me in your next reply whether or not you agree with the following, and, if not, what you propose.

'Serious Relationship' - Any connection of an emotional and/or sexual nature between two or more consenting people with the intention of remaining exclusively devoted to each other for as long as possible, potentially for the rest of their lives

'Dating' - A social appointment, engagement, or occasion arranged beforehand with another person [1]. For the purposes of this discussion I think 'dating' should refer more to 'casual dating', ie. a pseudo-romantic interaction between two people sexually attracted to each other who both agree beforehand, either formally or in an unspoken sense, that the nature of the relationship is just for fun and will hold no long term future. (In a nutshell - social engagements and activities without the emotional investment).

Beginning the discussion

Firstly I'll start by saying that I don't see either side of this as definitely right or definitely wrong in a universal sense. I think that serious relationships are often better for some people and in some situations and dating better in others. I want to argue that serious relationships are more rewarding and more mutually beneficial, all things considered, but I concede right from the outset that it may very well be the case that my argument should simply be disregarded in some cases, though not the majority. I also think that my opinion on this matter (as well as everyone else's) is very subjective. For example, personally I've had a better experience in longer term relationships than I have in casual interactions so I'm more bias towards them. However, it's entirely conceivable that someone may have had bad experiences in abusive relationships or experiences of infidelity and be equally bias in the other direction.

Regarding your first point (#1) about cutting off other potential people by embarking on a serious relationship with one person, I don't fully see the force of this argument if you're proposing that the alternative should be retreating from serious relationships altogether and only dating people. It seems as if you're saying that to engage in a serious relationship with one person means cutting off any potential you might've had for a more rewarding serious relationship with another person, but at the same time your main argument is that serious relationships aren't worthwhile compared to dating. It would be like me arguing that serious relationships are better because to date someone is to restrict yourself from potentially better dates, while at the same time arguing that dating isn't the advisable way go overall. Essentially, to do anything in life is to leave out other things, that's the way life is. If I choose to holiday to a particular country, I am at the same time choosing not to holiday to every other potential country at the same time.

I agree with the second part of your first point though, that if a serious relationship turns bad it is more devastating to break off than a casual dating encounter would be. However, in my opinion, this is because we've just lost something worth having as opposed to losing something meaningless. I feel one could equally argue that it's not worth owning a nice car because it would be more devastating if it got wrecked, or not worth owning anything remotely expensive because it would be more devastating if it got stolen, and so on.

I do, however, concede that it is probably in most cases preferable for younger people (ie. teens and early twenties - which, ironically, includes myself lol) to go for dating rather than serious relationships for a limited time in order to fully gauge what they want out of a partner and (in the case of heterosexual relationships, which is all I'm qualified to speak for) to learn a little more about the way the opposite sex operates in relationships. It really is the case (not literally of course) that men are from Mars and women are from Venus, neither is better or worse, they're just so completely different. However, I think that dating is only really beneficial in a very limited time until people mature, and then serious relationships should be the primary focus of one's romantic and sexual desires.

I'll concede your second point (#2) almost entirely at this point I think. In my experience friendships do definitely suffer when romantic and sexual interaction is mixed in. Not even just for the two parties involved, but for wider groups of friends. For example, a tightly knit group of say four friends. Two of the people in the group become romantically interested in each other, temporarily excluding the rest of the group, to the detriment of the other two. Also if/when they break up, the group cohesion will not be the same. The other two will more or less have to almost choose favourites as the former lovers won't be so comfortable spending time together. (At least, this is my experience).

So, taking your second point on board, I'd say that serious relationships are still the best way for someone to channel their romantic and sexual desires, but that it should perhaps not be with a close friend unless you're willing to take that risk. Additionally, I don't think it should be with someone you closely work with either because in the event of a breakup you would still have to see each other at work, or someone would end up leaving their job to avoid it. I don't feel this concession hurts my case though; Serious relationships are still infinitely more fulfilling, in my opinion, but not with everyone, and not with out risk. However, to win without risk is to triumph without glory.

Briefly regarding your third point (#3), I wouldn't consider those things a hassle for the most part. I'd personally consider it time well spent going shopping with my significant other, or buying them gifts on special occasions. You don't need to spend a massive amount of money, just put some thought into what you're getting. As for the extra stress, that just goes with greater and more rewarding investment. It's natural that you stress and worry about something that is important to you, but it's not a point against not having it, in my opinion.

Points for further discussion

I'll just briefly (due to character limit) offer some points we might want to discuss, and for you to potentially explore in your response too:

- Serious relationships provide a better framework for the raising of children, and children are the future :P

- Serious relationships provide a more stable and reliable base for fulfilling sexual desires (that is, assuming you're like me and not the kind of guy that can take his pick of any girl he wants :P)

- Serious relationships provide more of an emotional support frame. Let's face it, we evolved as a social species, and thus have a desire to be loved in various ways. The satisfaction you can get out of knowing that a significant other in a serious relationship cares deeply about you, constantly wants to be around you, and thinks about you frequently; It is unmatched by casual dating encounters, in my opinion.

Thankyou, Realist, for those defintions. I accept your definitions and, they may be used through-out this debate as defining the nature of the human investment levels toward one another.

Also, in reponse to your first paragraph, this debate is purely your own opinion. If you have had better experiences in serious relationships, then you may argue using points from personal experience. There is no 'bias' in your own opinon, so you may debate however you want, in accordance to the rules. I personally would be pro for this, however, i could debate both sides, and that was my purpose for offering up a position on this debate. Also, i'd like to thankyou for approaching this debate in a respectful manner, and i am sure this will be a fun, and serious debate. So with that said, I'll begin.

1st part A1- In response to my first re-buttal, you seem a bit confused as to the point i was trying to approach. If one should choose to holiday to one country, they would be missing out on another country it is true. But the exact purpose of a holiday to another country, is that it is only temporary. If it was ones personal preference, they could holiday to any of these potential country's they've missed out on another time. So, in dating, you may feel physically and emotionally attracted to one person, while at the same time not having to be fully committed to that individual, and being able to physically and emotionally attracted to someone else, at the same, or later time.

2nd part A1- You bring up a good point. However, a serious relationship can be a little different from owning a nice car. If one owns a nice car, and wrecks it, one can earn that money back and just as easily buy a new car. Now when one breaks up with someone in which they have been close with for a long period, it is simply not that easy. In some cases, things can work out, but in most cases everything becomes strained and hard to deal with. When dating, this issue should never come up.

As to my second point, you virtually agreed with me however you do state that this argument does not effect your case. I would argue otherwise, because most serious reltionships that do happen are with close friends, and although it is not advisable by you, it still happens. Unfortunately this is one major problem most couples will experience after break up. Relataionships with friends of the couple also become strained, which just lead to further heart break abd un-needed drama. And even if the person is not a close friend to begin with, it still effects the same. suddenly you may have enemies, you may not want, or lose friendship with others because of the break-up. All in all it is just simpler to go without a serious committment to the individual.

A3- and for my last point, my opponent says in comes back to you in a later more rewarding investment. However this is not true. The only rewarding investment usually recieved, is obnoxious children, and excessive extra duties provided from the other. However when dating, you are not confined to anyone or have to do anything that you may not want to do.

Framework for raising children-
You see children are all just part of the stress that goes along with having a serious relationship. Not only do you have to deal with all the stresses of being confined to one person, but you also have to deal with a bunch of whiney annoying kids! Now who wants that?

Sexual desires-
(quite an interesting point if you ask me). Actually it would be quite the opposite. Pretty soon, your normal mate would get boring and it would get old. But by just dating you can explore more than just one oppurtunity at sexual desires. You can experience and learn new things, and also spice things up. Being with the same person would get old, you'd have to admit.

Emotional support frame-
Yes you are exactly right. The feeling of being loved can generally make someone feel more desirable. But why just feel that from one person, when again, you have a world of people you can experience thhat from? Everyone wants to be loved, and where is the harm of being loved by more than one person?

Again thankyou for accepting this debate. You brought up some very good points. I look forward to the second round.
Again sorry for the excessive amount of time before posting arguments, i have been quite busy.
good luck :)

Hey again,

Firstly, when I mentioned a bias in my opinion of relationships I wasn't putting myself down. It's clear my opinion has a particular tendency or inclination (A.K.A. The definition of the word 'bias') based on my own subjective experience. Arguing from my personal experience and opinion is all I can do, and is what I plan on doing. I really meant my first paragraph as more of a disclaimer, essentially saying: "This is my opinion. I realize it is subjective. I'll be arguing from my position but I understand and accept that there are differing points of view from my own which are also valid" :)

I concede now that a vacation was perhaps not the best analogy. A vacation of course has a scheduled end, unlike a serious relationship, and it does not require significant emotional investment. The point I was getting at though was that to do anything is to exclude many other things. If I was considering buying a violin and investing time into learning to play it, I wouldn't consider it a valid argument if someone were to advise against it on the basis that I'd be excluding myself from learning other potential instruments. The same goes with anything else you do. Would you be persuaded against studying a particular topic at university by the argument that to take that subject would be to exclude other potential subjects that aren't available at present but may become available during your course? If you spend your life waiting, everything will pass you by. Time is truly a thief when you're undecided.

Regarding the car analogy, it sounds so easy to just "...earn that money back and just as easily buy a new car...", but in reality I think I made quite an apt analogy. Sure, you could buy a new car if your current one got wrecked, but at considerable expense to yourself. The same is true of a relationship breakup; You can just get into another relationship, but again at considerable cost to yourself, only this time emotional harm rather than financial harm has been done. Nevertheless, to have anything of value is to risk losing it. To point out that one would be more devastated by the ending of a serious relationship as opposed to a casual encounter is just to say that the serious relationship is more valuable, and thus undermines your argument, in my opinion.

I say that conceding your point about friendship doesn't hurt my case because all it shows is that there are potential problems that can result from a breakup. No one in their right mind would deny that there are negative effects that result, or can result, from two people engaging in a romantic endeavour. There are certainly ways to be smart about who you pursue relationships with to minimize the chance of negative repercussions though, such as not dating someone from your workplace for instance. In any case though, I don't fully see how this is a point against my position and not also a point against yours. I'm sure most people would agree that casual sex encounters with friends, even as a one off, dramatically change the nature of the friendship, as well as other related friendships. The idea that you can just date friends in such a way that leads to anything from kissing to any range of sex acts and then expect the friendship will remain unchanged is grossly unrealistic, in my opinion. If, however, you're not advocating things like hugging, kissing, touching, and things of a sexual nature, then I fail to see in what way 'dating' is different to friendship with someone of the same sex for heterosexuals, or of the opposite sex for homosexuals.

I couldn't disagree more with your statement that "The only rewarding investment usually received, is obnoxious children, and excessive extra duties provided from the other." Firstly, there are many cases of extremely long term relationships that have not yielded children that I know of, and I wouldn't agree that those relationships are, according to you, ipso facto without reward. I can't help but smile when I see an elderly couple of many years who are without children holding hands or laughing together or something. Try telling any of the people in long term relationships without children that their relationships are "without reward" and I dare say they'd just laugh at you :P

I'd also hardly consider the prospect of raising children to be "obnoxious" either. I'm not a parent myself but I assume any parent would agree that raising children, while not without its hardships, is a genuinely joyful thing to do. In any case, if your sentiments were adopted by humanity as a whole, I dare say the future of our species would be in trouble :P The fact that the human population of the Earth has grown to 6 billion or however many billion it is today means that when you say "...but you also have to deal with a bunch of whiney annoying kids! Now who wants that?" I can respond by saying "the majority do, and we wouldn't have it any other way" :)

Unlike the topic of children, I am able to speak from experience about a long term partner not becoming boring. Quite the contrary is true in my experience. In my longest relationship, which was around 2 years, far from getting bored of the same old, it was infinitely better later on compared with early on. While sex is always technically the same act, I really feel there is a difference between 'sex' and 'making love', as cheesy as that may sound. When you're together with someone you deeply care about for so long the act of sex becomes so much more than just satisfying your own sexual lust. It becomes more and more selfless. You are each willing to go to greater lengths to satisfy the desires of the other. You each learn all the intricate details of the likes, dislikes, turn-ons, etc and body of the other and can better accommodate them sexually than two people engaging in a casual affair ever could.

Regarding your argument against the emotional support frame provided by a serious relationship, I don't believe that you really believe what you're saying and don't know how you expect anyone to take that point seriously. You say "...why just feel that from one person, when again, you have a world of people you can experience that from?" but I don't think you're even able to fool yourself when you deliberately fail to factor in the intensity and quality of each individual emotional support frame. Clearly the emotional satisfaction of feeling loved by a spouse of several years is not the same as what you get from feeling that someone you ate dinner with last week might be thinking about you. It's not the case that emotional support and satisfaction is automatically better when from more sources at all. You then say "Everyone wants to be loved, and where is the harm of being loved by more than one person?" That comes across (to me at least) more as an argument for polygamy than for casual dating :P

Lastly, I want to propose a few problems with casual dating. The main problem, as I see it, is that dating without any longer term intentions is not a stable situation. It's my experience, and perhaps yours too, that one party generally gets more emotionally invested than the other more often than not, regardless of whether they want to or not. This leads to awkwardness and rarely ever ends well. Even the person who feels less invested still has to feel a level of guilt for what has happened.

Also, I feel that a deepening emotional connection between lovers is the natural progression of things. To insist on keeping an acquaintance at a specific level is unnatural. It would be harder, and ultimately more futile, to work at restricting yourself to remain at a particular point in a relationship than to allow your connection to grow and flourish to its full potential.

philosphical forfeited this round.

Hi there,

I'll keep this fairly brief partly because I don't have much time left and partly because I'd feel bad posting a 2nd full 8,000 character response when you were unable to respond to my previous argument due to other commitments.

I suppose I'll just retouch on a few points I previously made and try and clear them up a little.

Regarding what I was saying about just not dating people who are already close friends; What I meant really was that there are certainly limitations to who you shouldn't date due to unjustified risk of other negative outcomes, but we seem to be arguing about whether relationships in and of themselves are better than casual dating, not about which seems to have more availability. Regardless of the limitations on who the person should be, in my mind a relationship is an amazing thing once you get it off the ground and really commit to another person. The core reason I feel your point about relationships hurting friendships is weak is that it doesn't offer any valid criticism of my argument that it doesn't also offer of your own. All the potential damage a serious relationship can do to friendships, casual dating encounters and casual affairs can also do.

If I was to really stress anything from my previous statement, I suppose I'd firstly stress the sheer amount of extra emotional support you do get from a serious committed relationship as opposed to a casual date. It may be my own better experience of longer term relationships than dating but I really don't feel properly fulfilled when just dating someone casually. I feel somewhat insecure constantly when just casually dating. I'd feel as if it was harder to trust this other person with fundamental things. In fact, regarding your point about relationships giving you extra unwanted stress, I'd argue the opposite. I feel a great deal more stressed without proper commitment. Perhaps it's just me, but to feel like you're dating or sleeping with a stranger is an unsettling prospect indeed.

Secondly, my criticism that keeping someone you're sexually interested in at merely a dating or casual level is a grossly unrealistic prospect. Personally, I long to know more about them, to spend time with them, etc. Every part of me seems yearn to want to be as close to this person as possible, physically, emotionally and mentally/intellectually. The Bryan Adams song 'Inside Out' expresses this feeling quite well for me I think. It's like a lust, almost as strong as a sexual lust, to continually discover this other person at deep level. Deliberately keeping things casual would seem so unnatural and would seem to go against every fiber of my being I would think.

Lastly, going into this last round, I want to commend you for arguing the side of the debate that you yourself would've probably preferred not to argue. Carl Sagan, a man I deeply admire, used to run critical thinking courses, and towards the end he used to get small teams assembled to argue a case they believed in against opponents who believed the opposite. Then a week before the arguments were due he would surprise them and switch the teams and have them argue their opponent's side. The more commendable side was the one that could step outside of their own subjectivity and argue a convincing case for their opponent's side to their opponent's satisfaction. I feel that being able to see and understand differing points of view as clearly as possible is an amazing intellectual achievement, and thus want to commend you for arguing the side you have.

I wish you luck in the upcoming round.

First off i would like to appolagize to my opponent, and my audience for missing a round in this debate. This usually doesn't happen with me, and it was not very responsible seeing as i'm the one who posed the debate. I have been very busy, and have not been around a computer. I hope to cover everything i have missed in this round.
Also i would like to than my opponent for the courtesy tha has been used.
With that said i will begin.
(i don't know if i will be able to hit all the points from round three with limited characters, but i will do my best)

RE: 2nd paragraph round 2-
No matter what the analogy, they all virtually hold the same principle. Same with the violin instrument. You could also learn how to play clarinet, or trumpet, etc. The more you learn, the more musical abilities you aqquire, and the more your life is fulfilled with variety. When taking college courses, you could major in one thing and do the same thing for the rest of your life, or you could try a little bit of everything to see what you do and do not like, so as to spice up your life a little bit, not following the same boring routine. 'Undecided' may have been a little bit of a detrimental word to be used when reffering to dating. In truth we are not waiting for life to pass us by, when just dating. In essence it is quite the opposite. We get to enjoy life to our fullest, and experience not only one, but many wonder in which the world has to offer us as human beings.

RE: 3p 2R
"The same is true of a relationship breakup; You can just get into another relationship, but again at considerable cost to yourself, only this time emotional harm rather than financial harm has been done" Exactly my point. Why should someone have to go through any of this high emotional grief when it is not needed? "To have anything of value is to risk losing it" But why should we risk losing something when we can have more of that value, without the risk! Dating is better in so many ways, and is resolved with alot less emotional pain, and heartbreak.

RE: 4p 2R
Of course getting in a serious relationship is not advisable, in any way. However, it is debateable, by the simple fact that it DOES happen and quite often. In fact more than 46% of most serious relationships (IE marriage) were sprouted from good friendship. Of course this poll doesn't refer to the number of break-ups which occur between the couples as well. So, yes it is not adviseable, but it is unfortunately it is common anyway for couples who were originally close friends to find themselves sexually attracted to each other. And when break-up occurs high standardss of hurt, akwardness, and slow departure, are formed. All in all, its just a ton of un-needed shmuck. Rather, though, when dating it is perfectly permissable to be able to go out and have fun without worry of anything. And it holds all the same benefits of a serious relationship, minus all the negative.

RE: 5p 2R
Well as said in the quote, that argument was dedicated to the norm, and not the whole. Thus the word 'usually' was inputted. Most relationships do, however, provide at least two or more children. And i am not totally downputting serious relationships, to say that the people that have them cannot be happy. My goal is simply to prove that someone could be more happy in just a dating environment. Then again their is also the circumstance that everyone is different, each having different personalities and likes which can result in excessive differentiating results when comparing someone likes between serious relationships and dating. For me personally, and from what i have seen, i can only provide evidence of what i have seen between couples and apply that to having higher and more frequent happiness than that of one in a serious relationship. I cannot argue that an elderly couple of long years are not happy with their life-style, just that there are certain benefits that can be obtained by dating, that cannot have been in a serious relationship.

RE: 6p 2R
Again this is only a simple one sided view of how serious relationships can be hurtful to some, but helpful to others. Maybe some are more responding to having children, but current results show that this is slowly failing. While not applying to all, but most, divorce rates have engulfed our country and are slowly plaguing. More than 47% of american households, undergo divorce problems. Apparently some families are not capable of caring for kids and raising them in proper environments. Also abuse rates also imply how serious relationships involved with children, show how some people are just not ready to take care of a child. Of course this doesn't apply to the whole, but these people whould never have such issues, having not taken part in a serious relationship.

RE: 7p 2R
This is all very true. The onl difference is that when experiencing sexual relations with someone who you are just dating, you have an oppurtunity to learn, experince, and grow! You can still feel love with that person, even when not feeling fully devoted to them. You can decide whether it is something you can continue with that certain partner or not. But what you learn and experience cannot be forgotten, and can be used and re-applies in further situations.

RE: 8p 2R
LOVE is a quite touchy word and is viewed generally in one form. When someone looks at the word love, it instantly clicks for them that it has to be so deep and conforming to the point where it can only be one person, and one person only. However, i believe there is many forms of love. I believe that if you care for someone's well being enough to say that you would do anything for them, and be a general support to them in hard times, can be there shoulder to cry on, that could be defined as an accurate definition for love. And it is commonly assumed that this kind of love can be sharedd with only one person. But i see no real tangible reason why this experience cannot be shared with all the idividuals you share this bond with. The only difference between the love in a dating relationship, and in a serious one, is the committment level.

RE:9p 2R
The stress an awkwardness proposed from dating in this argument happens only under rare exceptions such as what you said earlier. If one party gets overly devoted, then their should be no problem with them wanting to date continuously with that person. They can still feel love towards that person without facing the struggles, by dating. The benefit, is that they may share that same connection with other loved ones. How often does the problem occur when one has to deal with choosing between one or another person that they feel a deep intensity for? They are usually torn between deciding, and end up hurting one of the individuals. When dating, you canfeel natural love for both individuals without the heartbreak of 'dumping' the other.

RE: 2p 3R
In this argument, it is assumed that by dating somebody you don't share that same bond that you would if in a serious relationship. However i think it is ridiculous to say that you can't trust someone your not in a serious relatonship with. It is all relative to the bond you have with this person, not the status of the coupling. This would be to say that a couple in a serious relationship for 2 years, could trust each other more tha a couple who have been dating for 5 years. Dating is purely a matter of status, minus confinement, but in no way effects the bond you may share with the person you are with. "sleeping with a stranger is an unsettling prospect indeed."
This is assuming that the one your dating is a stranger. But when has being under that dating status ever meant that the person you are sharing with has to be someone you don't have deep emotional feelings for?

RE: last paragraph third round
I totally agree with that. I believe there is an arguement for everything, and that by being able to debate both sides, shows open-mindedness. thankyou

Realist forfeited this round.
Posted by philosphical 7 years ago
no appologies needed. thankyou for accepting the debate, it was quite fun
Posted by Realist 7 years ago
I apologize for forfeiting the last round. I hope this isn't becoming a trend for me :/

I got home roughly 2 hours before my argument was due, which I deemed to be ample time. Then 10mins or so later we had a blackout. I rushed up to the nearby mall with the intention of writing and posting it from an internet cafe there but the mall, too, was effected by the blackout, including the only two internet cafes I know of near me.
Posted by philosphical 7 years ago
its okay you don't have to. But thanks anyway. Again sorry for the forefeit. i have not been home. They need to make argument time longer haha
Posted by Realist 7 years ago
No worries. I'll deliberately cut my next round a little short so as to not take too much of an advantage of your forfeit :)
Posted by philosphical 7 years ago
ugh really sorry for the forfeit, I've been really busy. I will cover all that in my next rebuttal
Posted by philosphical 7 years ago
Realist- sorry this is taking so long. for some reasons, none of my arguements i drafted were saved. i must now start over again. i will try to do this as quickly as possible
Posted by Maikuru 7 years ago
I'd take either side of this thing. Who is debating who now?
Posted by philosphical 7 years ago
i will be challenging realist on this since he was first. if you wish, i can challenge one of you too in a seperate debate
Posted by Danielle 7 years ago
Brian - I am going to debate this from the Con position for sure :)

And yes, I miss NY terribly!!!
Posted by brian_eggleston 7 years ago
I wouldn't mind debating Con - dating is way, way better than serious relationships, well at least a lot, lot cheaper in the long run anyway!

'checks latest letter from wife's divorce lawyer'.

Yes, a lot cheaper!

P.S. TheLWerd's new avitar implies she is homesick, don't you think?
Vote Placed by Danielle 6 years ago
Vote Placed by Xer 6 years ago
Vote Placed by philosphical 6 years ago
Vote Placed by wonderwoman 7 years ago