Black_L1ghtn1ng
Loofa

Sesame Street corrupts kid's MINDS and turns them EVIL in the future.

Black_L1ghtn1ng

Pro

When analizing how Sesame Streets corrupts kids you have to look at the individual character's on the show.

Let's first start with the Grouch. Now you have to understand that the Grouch doesn't choose to live in a trash can, the designers made him live in a trash can. Now this is implying that the Grouch is poor and cannot reach a higher status. Now the problem with this is that ALL the rest of the Sesame Street character's make fun of him. They call him mean names and tell him to get a job. Now this kind of behavior towards the homeless people carries on into real life and we wonder why we see little kids kicking homeless people and saying, "Get a job Grouch." This is blatant evilness.

You also have character's like the Cookie Monster who is just an obvious representation of a crack addict. All the time he's just like COOKIE COOKIE COOKIE. Obvious cracky behavior

Big Bird can also be very harmful to children in 2 seperate ways. First kids can become very frightened from a 20 foot tall bird. Other kids who find Big Bird delightful might carry over that behavior to birds in the real world. And as we all know birds are some of the most dangerous creatures on Earth and are prone to attack at any time. Sesame Street dooms kids to being pecked to death.

You have to understand that they also had the nerve to put a pimp on there. You might not recognize him as a pimp but I can tell a pimp when I see one. They called him The Count. He had a cape and everything. He'd just be like, "Where is my money? I slap you 1,2,3 times." Very disturbing

Obviously the character's shown on Sesame street are affecting thery're lives in the real world so you should obviously vote Pro in today's debate.
Loofa

Con

Sesame Street is a wholsome show made for kids who love to learn. Elmo for example (who my opponent has not yet maliciously attacked) teaches chldren about one special subject a day. My two (2) year old sister loves sesame street. I belive that sesame street is a healthy way for kids to learn and grow.

My opponent says cookie monster is a crack addict. He obiously is not because he screams Cookie, Cookie, Cookie and Not Crack, Crack, Crack. The count is most obiously not a pimp as he has a steady relationship with Countness. Big Bird can talk dangerous birds cannot, therefore children will not think a bird is Big Bird. For these reasons vote Con.
Black_L1ghtn1ng

Pro

First of all I will start with Elmo. Elmo is the only positive character on this show because he reflects the viewer. The willingness to learn reflected in Elmo makes the kids want to learn from the show. Unfortuanately, the behavior that is produced from the character's on the show eventually leads to their inner destruction.

I was not saing that the cookie monster is a crack addict but he reflects the behavior of a crack addict. Therefore kids who idolize the cookie monster are at great risk to smoke some dope themselves.

Your Count argument makes no sense. Why can't a man who is married still be a pimp?

Big Bird's name is Big Bird. The word bird is in the name. I think kids can get that big bird is a really big bird.

Since my opponet has brought up empty and pointless arguments, you obviously have to vote pro in today's debate.
Loofa

Con

Loofa forfeited this round.
Black_L1ghtn1ng

Pro

Yeah I kinda obviously won and you should vote pro cause I'm sexy. Everyone knows it and sesame street is evil.
Loofa

Con

Loofa forfeited this round.
Posted by Rousseau 9 years ago
Rousseau
<<Lol Smith. Do you have any clue about the rules of debate. I'll try to make this simple. Pro makes arguments. Con refutes the arguments. It doesn't matter what pro says unless the opposition refutes it. I could have said Elmo ate everyone on the show, threw them back up, and then shot all of them, and that's what makes the show evil. Unless con refutes the argument, then you have to accept what the pro side has said. Since I refuted all of his points clearly then I should have won the debate. >>

Well, not strictly. Smith is quite right in that Pro never really proved his case, but Con failed to mention that. Additionally, he failed to contradict Pro because he forfeited a round. So, your argument against Pro is void, and Pro won arguments.

If you really want to go into burdens, talk about the burden of rejoinder. According to this, if Con fails to make clash, Pro wins. Lo and behold, that happened. Vote Pro any way you look at it.
Posted by SexyLatina 9 years ago
SexyLatina
You know what, nevermind. I don't have time for this. smith76, you are incorrect and fail at debate. You judge points in isolation and don't look at the refutation. You vote based on bias, then accuse others of doing the same. You pretty much just hav shouting contests and not debates. You are wrong, now try to be right.
Posted by SexyLatina 9 years ago
SexyLatina
"Can pro provide any REAL evidence for his arguement? Like specific examples of a child being corrupted by Sesame Street? If not, he loses."
Likewise, can Con? Con hasn't. Assuming your paradigm is evidence (based on this comment), then neither of them wins, or if anything, Pro wins, since he did provide atleast some evidence on what the characters are, and then he speculated on what that could mean.

"Pro made the assertion, and then failed to meet the burden of proof. Just because the opponent forfeited doesnt make the other side any more right."
So you're saying that if someone gives up, if they refuse to continue to participate, then they should win? Pro met the burden of proof as much as possible, since clearly you cannot PROVE without a doubt that Sesame Street is the ONLY influence that is corrupting them, but you can say that given what Sesame Street is, it's likely that children would be corrupted.

"Pros arguements offer no evidence, and do not prove/disprove anything. ACons arguements make better sense."
They offer as much evidence as can reasonably be obtained, they disprove Con's arguments with direct refutation, and even if Con's argumnts DID make better sense, all the same, they were refuted by Pro, and so in effect Con had no arguments. And this is leaving alone the fact that Con didn't even touch some of Pro's arguments, meaning that there was nothing against them and that they had to be considered true.

"Or maybe con realized that it is useless to debate such a useless topic."
Meaning that he forfeit, as someone else said. And THAT means that Pro had no contestor, meaning that he had to win.

"Or pro loses because he also offered no evidence, no proof, no warrants, and no relevant information aside from personal opinions. Either way, this was a very useless debate. Just because pro wrote more does not mean that he automatically wins."
You're missing the fact that he did provide SOME evidence, as much evidence as he could reasonab
Posted by Black_L1ghtn1ng 9 years ago
Black_L1ghtn1ng
Lol Smith. Do you have any clue about the rules of debate. I'll try to make this simple. Pro makes arguments. Con refutes the arguments. It doesn't matter what pro says unless the opposition refutes it. I could have said Elmo ate everyone on the show, threw them back up, and then shot all of them, and that's what makes the show evil. Unless con refutes the argument, then you have to accept what the pro side has said. Since I refuted all of his points clearly then I should have won the debate.

Oh and on the burden of proof, first of all it's sesame street, that's all I can use as proof. I don't know if you wanted me to state a specific episode on a certain season and say this is when the cookie monster portrayed behavior of a crack addict. I don't really think my opponent saying,
"My two (2) year old sister loves sesame street. I belive that sesame street is a healthy way for kids to learn and grow," is real evidence.

Since I refuted all of his arguments and he never responded to the attacks I made on his arguments, you have to accept them as true and vote pro.
Posted by HCPwns95 9 years ago
HCPwns95
LOL HOLY MOLEY!!!

Dude, in the first round, everything the pro said was the EXACT SAME THING said in comedian dave chappelle's "Sesame Street" act. I dare you to google it pplz.

You are DEFINITELY not serious about this,are you?

If you WERE serious, you are saying it as if it was a conspiracy. and what I say to all conspiracy: COME ON! REALLY?!?!??
Posted by smith76 9 years ago
smith76
Well, you can treat it as a fake fantasy site all you want.
Posted by Rousseau 9 years ago
Rousseau
"my decision my change"

*might
Posted by Rousseau 9 years ago
Rousseau
I'll agree that in real debate, feeling is necessary. However, this isn't real debate by any stretch of the word. This is the internet, and your arguments are simply words.

Take for instance your gay marriage debate. Were I to vote on who convinced me, neither side did.... and therefore I would vote for Pro. The same for ALL your debates.

Were I to vote on arguments, my decision my change. See how the fairness erodes?

Again, this isn't a site (yes, that's how its spelled) for 'honing' your debate skills, but rather for fun.

It's no fun if you consistently lose debates you did better in.
Posted by smith76 9 years ago
smith76
I wont quit this site because you have no concept of what it means to be a good debater. Again, you can write the best arguements ever, if you fail in bridging opinions and principles, you will fail as a lawyer, politician, or any other profession in which debating is center. Instead of creating a fantasy environment in which mindless drones with no principles and opinons weigh in on debates, it is created for people to learn and sharpen their debate skills for the real world which if full of opinion and principles. To toss out these principles and opions on this sight, is foolish because you will not be prepared for the real world debates that you will take place in should you choose a profession in which debating is center. You aare only shooting yourself in the foot.
Posted by DucoNihilum 9 years ago
DucoNihilum
Then you should quit this site, as you have no understanding of how it works. There are plenty of opinion sites, Facebook has their own opinion portion of their site, perhaps you should join that.
Vote Placed by BewareItsAndrew 7 years ago
BewareItsAndrew
Black_L1ghtn1ngLoofaTied
Vote Placed by Black_L1ghtn1ng 8 years ago
Black_L1ghtn1ng
Black_L1ghtn1ngLoofaTied
Vote Placed by SexyLatina 8 years ago
SexyLatina
Black_L1ghtn1ngLoofaTied
Vote Placed by Loofa 9 years ago
Loofa
Black_L1ghtn1ngLoofaTied
Vote Placed by HCPwns95 9 years ago
HCPwns95
Black_L1ghtn1ngLoofaTied
Vote Placed by Rousseau 9 years ago
Rousseau
Black_L1ghtn1ngLoofaTied
Vote Placed by Oolon_Colluphid 9 years ago
Oolon_Colluphid
Black_L1ghtn1ngLoofaTied
Vote Placed by Kmille11014 9 years ago
Kmille11014
Black_L1ghtn1ngLoofaTied
Vote Placed by liberalconservative 9 years ago
liberalconservative
Black_L1ghtn1ngLoofaTied
Vote Placed by bigbass3000 9 years ago
bigbass3000
Black_L1ghtn1ngLoofaTied