woodfam1287
Aceviper2011

Sex before marriage

Con Tied Pro
Reasons for your voting decision - Required

woodfam1287

Con

I believe sex before marriage is the root of many problems of modern day society, and I am completely against it!!!
Aceviper2011

Pro

Sex before marriage I believe is a choice that people should make themselves. That's a big part of life today is making your own decisions and if going out and having sex before marriage is what someone wants to do then its a parent or friends power to try and help them be safe about the choices they make. I am a parent my son is about two years old as he grows I wont be there everyday to watch him, but if he chooses to go out and have sex before marriage its in my power to teach him yes abstinence is the better way to go. He will make his own choices if I am next to him or not, so when I teach him about having intercourse, I tell him to be safe, sex before marriage like I said is a choice people make not society make that choice for everyone who do not want to wait for marriage to make love to there spouse. Should ask oneself a question unless you actually went your whole life as a child to a teen all the way to marriage not having no sex then this is a topic to be argue.
woodfam1287

Con

I agree with what your saying...But I think your going around the topic at hand...My argument was that I think sex before marriage is a fire starter of the bushfire of allot of are problems of are society today....The issue here is not about a choice...
Aceviper2011

Pro

what your saying is having sex before marriage causes a lot of problems being more specific on what kind of problems it causes in our modern day society would help a lot. Like saying sex before marriage is the reason why we think how we think as an individual is not right, or sex before marriage causes a lot of people to go into debt with the economy is not right, or marriage not lasting long or relationships don't last long cause people decide to have sex before marriage is not right, you cant blame having sex before marriage on how society is today. when you speak of sex before marriage having a big role on how people are today you have to be more specific on what kind of problems. If your talking about pregnancy rates going up on the people who are not married to let you know women can get pregnant with out even having intercourse with any guy. You cant really blame sex for how society is, or the way people think or act, its a new age a new time sex isn't the root of problems. Want to blame something blame technology while technology got more advance that's when people changed and made society the way it is. Even with out sex today will be the same as it is with sex, sex isn't even the issue like I said that changed modern society. The technology of today changed the way we think, the way we act. I also get what your saying to, but like I said want something to blame is technology not sex, like I said sex is a choice not a problem starter, it does not have any affect on the whole world what you and your partner are doing behind close doors, what goes on behind close doors stays behind close doors.
woodfam1287

Con

You make a good point, but I don't think technology has anything to do with it...Sex has to do with the human make-up, we as human beings always have the desire to have sex, Its our nature...Since the beginning of time people have been having sex unprotected with multiple partners, and as a result children are born...This is were I make my point...When people find out they have become pregnant, they have to make a decision...they either abort the child, or they bear the child...giving it up to adoption, or keeping it themselves...This is where I believe the stem of all the problems begin...Sex is the most beautiful act between two people that are in love with eachother, sex is not a bodily function like going to the bathroom, and since the beginning of time people have been doing just that. Any sexual desire people think they can capitalize on they take advantage of...As a result, these people that don't even know eachother, people that aren't planning to spend there life with eachother have children, and these children have to grow up in environments that aren't fit for anyone...Its all about environment...If a child grows up in an environment where to parents are fighting all the time, then that child is going to grow up thinking fighting is the norm. If a child grows up in an environment where the parents are separated, then the child grows up without a mother or father...There are so many different situations that stem from such a simple desire that people cant control, and the sad thing is allot of the parents choose to just end the problem by aborting the child....But just take a minute to think how the world today would actually be different if every child brought into this world was born as a result of two people in love....Children would grow up in a house full of love and parents that are a role model to there children...Children are like sponges, they adapt to whatever environment they live in, and they become a product of there environment...
Aceviper2011

Pro

Aceviper2011 forfeited this round.
woodfam1287

Con

Are you still in this argument???? I would like to finish it...
Aceviper2011

Pro

sorry for missing round three had no internet. I can try to relate to what you were saying but enviroment has nothing to do with in a way a child grows up to be. Humans are made to reproduce to keep the world going, yea people have unprotected sex but you can also get pregnant with birth control its not at high risk but there still a risk. I am a single father and yes I planned a child with the woman i wanted at the time and she wanted me at the time. It didnt work out the way it should of but just because we split up that dont mean anything towards our child. enviroment is just an excuse allot of parents make for there children actions. reality if you want a good child your going to push the child to an limit depending on age, its how the parents raise there child single or together. its the principle of the enviroment not the enviroment it self. I grew up in a bad enviroment no father for sixteen years of my life, a mother that drinks and parties, never really got to see her that much, always living place to place, actually never a place we can call our own home. yes i done bad things but my mother always did try her best to keep a roof over our heads, food on the table, her and my father were married but there were complications to there marriage and they devorce. my mother taught me how to be strong taught me that the world is never fair, always to keep going. so my mother was a single parent the enviroment was bad, but now i going to graduate, going to the national guard, have a good chip on my shoulder. Same with my siblings, i have also half brother and half sister and there father didnt want them but my mother kept them and now there doing great. its not the enviroment and its not the sex that changed society you can have sex protected, married, not married, its how people raise there children, also now i live with my father and my father is a good man well respected in the community. There tons of thousands of children out there that have bad life styles but making something of it so there children dont have to go through it. we learn we adapt to our surroundings, and yes your right children do learn alot from there parents what i said before its up to the parents how there children come out. So two people who love eachother get married and have sex creates a child doesnt always make society good. you never know what could happen in the marriage, divorce rates arent going up because people choose to have sex or had sex before marriage no there could be tons of reasons like the major reason is lost of interest. or just no happyness. People who have sex before marriage and have kids or end up pregnant not because they did it unprotected or protect, or had love for each other no they choose to do it. Its not going to get around the whole world just because two people deside to have sex behind close doors. then yes you can talk about well they have porn, its the choice they make to go on film or paper, sex didnt create peoples ways people created them. Sex before marriage sex after marriage, its how your parents raised you in the end that makes society the way it is. as for two people who are in love get married have children, yea that would be a wonderful thing, but if your not happy dont force yourself to be happy. you can still raise a child today single or seeing other people, I am doing it and I am only nineteen i was close to seventeen when we found out we were going to have a child. You know what got in the way that ruined us it wasnt the sex before marriage it was her friends getting involved. is my son a mistake no hes not, am i raising him the best i can yes i am, do i think me having sex with other women other then his mom before marriage will have a affect on him probually as he grows but not enough affect to change the world around him. He may think its going to be ok since i doing it, but arent parents there to guide there child to make the right choices in life. society is the way it is because not of sex before marriage or even sex after marriage, its how there parents raised them. even if one parent absence the other parent job to make sure they do the best they can. People changed society not sex. and i wouldnt look as if children were a product to there environment, or a sponge, they are blessings trust me your whole world changes when you have a child, you teach them to be better not the same or worse. some parents cant do it some can its how strong you are and how patient you are. having sex before or after marriage doesnt really affect a child only to an limit, the parent affects the child. and sex can be controled, alot of people out there has never had sex and are bad to society, some had have sex and made a difference to society to better it. as for sex urges they can be control i know alot tons of people who loves sex but doesnt make a habit out of it. yes your right sex is a gift that should be for two people in love, but you dont have to be married to love someone allot and still have sex. For people today who abuse there other halfs, they could be married or not, they learned that not because people had sex before marriage or after but by there parents, married or not society would be the same today as it was before people still kill, people still make bad choices, there is still war. Its still the same society as it was when they forced sex after marriage. look in the past also people who married had children when ther was no sex before marriage still had riots, killings, war, rapes, bullies, hate, it is still the same as it is today society is, nothing changed nothing will ever change whats the main thing people want theres two money and power, they will do anything to obtain it. Like i said before honestly take look at the bigger picture sex before marriage has nothing to do with how society is today. The indians believed sex before marriage makes a man a man and a woman a woman, some people and past people believed it to be a ritual, passion of the soul, even before sex bad was still going on. Sex before marriage and after marriage society will always be the same.
woodfam1287

Con

Yes humans are meant to repopulate this earth, And I respect you as a person, you are a good role model for millions of children out there that are going thru that same situation as we speak...You sound strong as a person. Your story is a sad story, and I'm sorry you had to grow that way...See, I believe Two people really need to re valuate there situation and think about there future before they even think about bringing a child into this world. The story that you wrote about growing up was very interesting, and I've heard it countless times before. And I believe its extremely admirable that you are taking responsibility and raising your son. But the environment you lived in I believe pushed you to become this strong-hard person. It sounds like to me you didn't have the opportunity to be a kid, and you had to grow up faster than you ha liked, and that just isn't fair to you. No child should ever have to grow up in an environment where they move from town to town, with a mother or father that drinks and parties. My opinion is that your parents stole your childhood, and as a product of there selfishness and irresponsibility you had to grow up faster than most ids, and that isn't fair to you at all...Having a child at the age of 17 is so young, you cant experience anything life has to give and offer, you cant pursue any dreams...you have to be there for your son double now because he doesn't have a mother now, and that's not fair to him either...As to your statement on pushing kids as hard as you can depending on age...That to me is just horrible, why would you want to do that to your child, you should just want your child to be happy and grow up being a kid...just enjoy and encourage your child as they grow and learn...They grow up very quick, and if you push them at a young age, then your gonna miss all the joys they can show you...A kid should be a kid...To me it sounds like your going to push your son out of childhood quickly just as your parents did to yourself, because you have a fear of your child going thru the same thing you did. So intern your pushing him into adulthood to make him a strong person, so he will be able to face this unfair world...I'm sorry, but that to me sounds like a product of your environment, only because you stated you had to adapt to any environment your mother put you in...You shouldn't have had to grow up without a father, you shouldn't have had to grow u with a mother that wasn't there, food on the table and a roof over your head isn't enough, we are human beings, and we need love, a child needs to be loved...we aren't animals....
Aceviper2011

Pro

you miss understood alot i said, Im not going to push my child and yes he has a child life, and as for you to say you cant pursue any dreams or anything like that cause having children at a young age your wrong. i pursuing my dream not only to be a good father but also to become what i always wanted to become thats a soldier of our country. people choose to give up on pursueing there dreams when having children but alot of people dont. you kind of offended me alittle i didnt go through what i went through to just give up, no everything happens for a reason. my parents were married and then they had me after marriage. things don't always go as planned in the world, things happen you cant control them. All happens a reason, i told you my mother even though she was how she was she taught me a valuable lesson and so now my father taught me avaluable lesson. as for me pushing my son, no I want what a child should have and thats a life they should choose to live, with my guidence my son will make his choices i can only hope and pray i teach him right and the best i can. He has a life, regardless if me and his mother not together, he's my world all i want is for him to be happy. No i wasnt a product to the enviroment and no one is a product to there enviroment, were students to the enviroment we learn from the enviroment, grow strong all of us as a one in the world.
Posted by Aceviper2011 5 years ago
Aceviper2011
maybe we can have another battle soon.
Posted by woodfam1287 5 years ago
woodfam1287
Good debate man...Thanks for it, and good luck to you :)
Posted by Aceviper2011 5 years ago
Aceviper2011
dang this sucks i didnt get to finish what i was all saying it cut off in the middle. but it all good.
Posted by woodfam1287 5 years ago
woodfam1287
sorry about the grammar, im work...lol...goodluck
Posted by Aceviper2011 5 years ago
Aceviper2011
its your turn now to reply
Posted by Aceviper2011 5 years ago
Aceviper2011
sorry for missing round three i was busy over the weekend took my son easter egg hunting and had bbq with family also had no internet connection from my laptop.
Posted by woodfam1287 5 years ago
woodfam1287
Are you still i this sir???
Posted by Aceviper2011 5 years ago
Aceviper2011
oh and please dont take anything personal. i just trying to have fun i wont take anything personal either and get all mad about anything said also. this is just for fun. ill tell you what good topic.
Posted by woodfam1287 5 years ago
woodfam1287
Thank you....Good luck to you too :)
Posted by Aceviper2011 5 years ago
Aceviper2011
indefinitely wow but i already accepted your challenge. good luck.
Vote Placed by Deadlykris 3 years ago
Deadlykris
woodfam1287Aceviper2011Tied
Reasons for voting decision: This debate was a debacle, really. Poor grammar all around, forfeiting arguments, no real sources for anything, just opinions and beliefs. The "Arguments" vote went to Pro because Con started the debate, but could not provide proof of the assertion in the opening argument. Conduct went to Con for Pro skipping a round.
Vote Placed by Bodhivaka 3 years ago
Bodhivaka
woodfam1287Aceviper2011Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Countering Dale.G's vote-bomb.
Vote Placed by rowsdower 3 years ago
rowsdower
woodfam1287Aceviper2011Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con never presented any evidence for his assertion that sex before marriage was harmful. He merely stated that he believed it. neither one used any sources. Con should have taken the pro position as he was arguing for the assertion that sex before marriage is harmful.
Vote Placed by Dale.G 3 years ago
Dale.G
woodfam1287Aceviper2011Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I voted for Con because Con made much more of a convincing argument I waited until i got married to have sex i think it is the best thing to do why because most people who have sex before marriage they have kids together and one decides to leave the other one and take the child with them I got a friend who is going through that problem if u truly love someone u will wait until u get married and do it God way having sex before marriage is wrong why because your not totally committed to each other if u get married and have sex then at lest you have a better chance of letting the children u have to the right away i thank God that my parents taught me rightly :)
Vote Placed by kohai 5 years ago
kohai
woodfam1287Aceviper2011Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Why should one care about what someone does IN PRIVATE?
Vote Placed by medic0506 5 years ago
medic0506
woodfam1287Aceviper2011Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Countering vote bomb