Alduin
RevL8ion

Sex is good. Money is good. But sex for money? That's just wrong! Is it really?

RevL8ion

Alduin

Pro

Should prostitution be legal?
RevL8ion

Con

I accept your challenge. In the next round, please confirm that you will take full BoP as you are Pro, the instigator, and you want a change in the status quo. Pro may start whenever he/she would like.
Alduin

Pro

Sex an money are good..... That is until you mix them together. There's nothing wrong with a person deciding what to do with their body. It's no different than a stripper. They decide to do it for money yet when they actually want to have sex for it, it's a crime. Yet it's not a crime to make porn. People have sex and get paid for it there. What's the difference?
RevL8ion

Con

Many thanks to Pro for his/her speedy argument! Although I must remark that it was rather hasty, and lacked much content. Let us begin.

I. Rebuttals
1. "They decide to do it for money yet when they actually want to have sex for it, it's a crime." This is false. Prostitution is not a crime. It is a legal practice for women/men to attract others sexually in exchange for money.
2. "Sex an money are good..... That is until you mix them together. There's nothing wrong with a person deciding what to do with their body. It's no different than a stripper." This statement is heavily opinionated, with no proof. Pro's condition was that he/she had to accept full Burden of Proof, yet it's totally neglected in this argument.
3. Overall, I'm rather disappointed with this argument. Typos, grammar errors, heavily biased and feeble arguments...and Pro sounds uncertain, even asking "What's the difference?" at the end of the argument. Con will now commence his argument.

II. Introduction
Prostitution is defined by Merriam Webster as "the act or practice of engaging in promiscuous sexual relations especially for money."[1] In addition, US Legal Definitions labels it "the commission by a person of any natural or unnatural sexual act, deviate sexual intercourse, or sexual contact for monetary consideration or other thing of value."[2] Pro has mentioned that pornography is related to prostitution, and practically, prostitution's just pornography without the filming. When put this way, prostitution is more legal than pornography.

III. Arguments and Reasoning
Prostitution is a business. The customer pays, and the service provider receives money for his/her services. In addition, it generates 186 billion US dollars worldwide every year, and over 13 million prostitutes are all over the world.[3] If prostitution was illegalized, then millions of people would be without jobs and most likely be put in to homelessness and poverty, not to mention the massive amount of money prostitution generates. Now, I will utilize deductive reasoning and the law of syllogism. Let "prostitution illegalization" be P, "prostitutes have no source of income" be Q, and "homeless populations would skyrocket and worldwide revenue would decrease noticeably" be R. If P, then Q. If prostitution was illegal, then prostitutes would have no source of income. If Q, then R. If prostitution is banned, then homeless populations would skyrocket and worldwide revenue would decrease noticeably. Therefore, if prostitution was illegal, then homeless populations would skyrocket and worldwide revenue would decrease noticeably.

IV. Conclusion
This debate didn't require much effort in order to negate Pro's argument and set up an ample buttress for my argument. I still strongly hold the belief that prostitution shouldn't be banned. I will expect a better argument from Pro soon.

V. Sources
[1]http://www.merriam-webster.com...
[2]http://definitions.uslegal.com...
[3]http://www.havocscope.com...
Alduin

Pro

Actually in places like Las Vegas, it is a crime. Cops set up fake situations and grab men and women who want to have sex. And when it comes to stripping, women expose themselves for money, just as a prostitute will. And the US State Department calls the act of selling sex for money "inherently demeaning". My point is, two people can have sex, but if one lays a $100 on the dresser, it's now considered a crime.
RevL8ion

Con

I. Introduction
Pro has once again totally neglected his burden of proof. He has no sources to support his argument, no reasoning, and doesn't seem to be taking this debate seriously. This will be a short argument on my behalf.

II. Refutations (no new arguments for the final round)
1. "Actually in places like Las Vegas, it is a crime." You did not specify Las Vegas in the debate. This statement is negated, and is not supported by sources.
2. "And the US State Department calls the act of selling sex for money "inherently demeaning". Again, no sources. Even if prostitution is "inherently demeaning," it's still an opinionated statement and is not a fact, nor does it include sources.
3. "My point is, two people can have sex, but if one lays a $100 on the dresser, it's now considered a crime." No proof yet again, Pro! In addition, it's not "now considered a crime." Prostitution is still legal in most areas.
4. Overall, Pro has no sources or reasoning to back up his argument, and doesn't contain much content.

III. Conclusion
Pro has provided feeble arguments, all of which I rebutted. I have provided ample arguments, with Pro making no effort to oppose any of my statements. This is a clear Con victory. Vote Con.
Posted by Alduin 2 years ago
Alduin
Then you'll understand how important is it to mistrust government
Posted by RevL8ion 2 years ago
RevL8ion
I admire your skepticism. Seriously. But I've learned from personal and other people's experiences that I should be grateful for what we have, so I'm not really the pessimistic type.
Posted by Alduin 2 years ago
Alduin
Don't be so sure. There have been a lot of people who have said "that'll never happen here"
Posted by RevL8ion 2 years ago
RevL8ion
I'm just saying that the US isn't a dictatorship. Sure, government approval rates are low (14% from one site, I mean, really?), but we don't stoop as low as Hitler or Mussolini. If you want, we can have another debate about the government's validity. And thanks (no sarcasm).
Posted by Alduin 2 years ago
Alduin
If you trust your government blindly then yes you are a fool. Way too many people have died doing that. And congrats on the debate win (no sarcasm).
Posted by RevL8ion 2 years ago
RevL8ion
Not to rub it in your face or anything. Just kind of annoyed by your uptight comments.
Posted by RevL8ion 2 years ago
RevL8ion
I also note that you said "you are a fool" in the comment before that. You're being immature for someone who's probably double or triple my age. Oh, and would you look at that; look who's winning...
Posted by Alduin 2 years ago
Alduin
I called you a kid, because that's what people 0-15 years old are. And it's an insult to downgrade anyone's intelligence with a comment like that. You wouldn't say that to somebody like a teacher or employer would you?
Posted by RevL8ion 2 years ago
RevL8ion
I have not called you a name; I just said that you're younger than me in terms of intelligence. And I note that you stooped to name calling; you called me "kid," remember? So, what are you, 12?
Posted by Alduin 2 years ago
Alduin
Oh please. Now you stoop to name calling? What are you 12?
Vote Placed by FaustianJustice 2 years ago
FaustianJustice
AlduinRevL8ionTied
Reasons for voting decision: BoP not satisfied, no real thought or investigation into the matter.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
AlduinRevL8ionTied
Reasons for voting decision: what the heck did pro do?
Vote Placed by bsh1 2 years ago
bsh1
AlduinRevL8ionTied
Reasons for voting decision: Only Con gives sources; only Con provides detailed analysis. Pro asks a bunch of question, but does really present a coherent reason to reject prostitution's legalization. Pro fails to warrant all of his assertions. Really, the winners is obviously Con, and I wonder if Pro put more than 5 minutes of effort into this entire thing.
Vote Placed by dynamicduodebaters 2 years ago
dynamicduodebaters
AlduinRevL8ionTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro barly made an argument and con was organized. Easy win for con.