CyMcKee101
JasonMuller

Sex is healthy for pre-teens

JasonMuller

CyMcKee101

Pro

I believe sex is ok for pre-teens. Idk why adults and other experts don't like this stance. I know it can be dangerous without the correct "protection", possibly even deadly, but if this is monitored then what's the problem? It's just nature, nothing inappropriate, am I correct or not? In other countries now and even during Egyptian times, it's normal for young people to engage in sexual conduct. It is a fact that King Tut married his first wife at age 13. With all the evidence, someone PLEASE tell me what is wrong with 12 year-olds having sexual interactions?!?!?!
JasonMuller

Con

First off, it is impossible to "monitor" sexual activity as it is not a sport event where judges are involved. I am not an expert in medicine by any means, but even with "correct" protection, as you would say, there still would be a considerable amount of risks involved, not to mention that most 12 year-olds don't know how to use these protection properly. Second of all, In ancient times, people tend to have shorter lives due to terrible hygiene and diet . Statistically speaking, life expectancy in ancient Egypt is 58 years for men and 54 years for woman. Therefore they tend to marry younger and inevitably, engage in sexual interactions at a younger age. So it is really not appropriate to compare ancient Egypt with modern day America.
CyMcKee101

Pro

I applaud your argument and professionalism and i can see where you're coming from. However you still never directly answered my question, which is: How is sex BAD for pre-teens?
JasonMuller

Con

JasonMuller forfeited this round.
CyMcKee101

Pro

Speechless. I mean I am...
JasonMuller

Con

JasonMuller forfeited this round.
CyMcKee101

Pro

know what? you win. im wrong
JasonMuller

Con

JasonMuller forfeited this round.
Posted by YoungLeader4216 2 years ago
YoungLeader4216
No. Just, No. I am 13 years old and I now that sex is a BIG thing and me or people my age can`t handle it. Not only is there a chance of getting pregnant but, when you have sex with someone, you are giving a part of yourself to them and people my age aren`t properly prepared to do that. People my age don`t know what they`re doing. Plus, if someone my age had sex and somehow the whole school found out about it, her reputation would be completely ruined. It`s a huge commitment and people my age aren`t ready for it. I am a perfect student and I admit that even I am not ready for it. Laws about this were created for a reason.
Posted by MadelineH 2 years ago
MadelineH
My Dad always told me that Mary had Jesus at 16. Is it wrong? No. Are our bodies made to be physically capable for it at a young age? Yes, that's what puberty is. However, that was hundreds of years ago when humans NEEDED to repopulate quickly. Now we are a humongous population so why rush into that stuff? Most cultures focus on education and learning before sex. I think that kids shouldn't be exposed to that stuff until at leas later years of high school. Let kids be kids.
Posted by Asburnu 2 years ago
Asburnu
I certainly would have applauded your position when I was 12.
Posted by Our_Future_Freedom 2 years ago
Our_Future_Freedom
Pre-teens, really. Think about the maturity of a 12 year old, half of them think its nasty that people kiss and you think they should have sexual intercourse? Plus if a 12 year old were to get pregnant that could very possibly be deadly to the girl and the baby.
Posted by AlternativeDavid 2 years ago
AlternativeDavid
Just because King Tut married at 13 does not mean that they were engaging in any forms on intercourse.
Posted by Stefy 2 years ago
Stefy
There was also slavery in ancient Egypt but thats no justification for it to exist now. or even back then. Just because something happened in the past doesn't make it ok.
Posted by Stefy 2 years ago
Stefy
Teens yeah. Pre teens is a little much. They're not emotionally mature enough yet and if they were to accidentally get pregnant it would be significantly worse for their health than it would be for someone older. They could die.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
CyMcKee101JasonMullerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by Bull_Diesel 2 years ago
Bull_Diesel
CyMcKee101JasonMullerTied
Reasons for voting decision: this seemed almost like a troll debate. i'm voting con even with the forfeited rounds.