Iamright58
qwzx

Sex should be considered an exercise or even a sport.

Iamright58

Pro

Sex should be considered an exercise or even a sport. Since it requires a lot of force and mouvement.
qwzx

Con

Sex should not be considered a exercise because it should only be a special relationship between husband and wife.
Iamright58

Pro

I agree that it remains special in a couple, but it is also exercise since the man has to move his pelvis back ad forth in a constant way and should have some speed that can make him tired. Women also have to move in certain positions which requires force therefore it is exercise.
qwzx

Con

EXERCISE

NOUN

1.activity requiring physical effort, carried out especially to sustain or improve health and fitness:

"exercise improves your heart and lung power"

synonyms: physical activity " a workout " working out " gymnastics " sports

According to the definition of exercise: Exercise is carried out especially to sustain or improve health and fitness
Sex is Not carried out to sustain or improve health and fitness so, sex can not be considered exercise.

Sport

NOUN

1.an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment:

"team sports such as baseball and soccer"

synonyms: (competitive) game(s) " physical recreation " physical activity

Sex is also not a competition for entertainment either.

Sex should not be categorized as a sport/exercise just because you can burn calories.
Normal breathing requires the diaphragm to move and you burn calories. However, that does not make it a sport or an exercise.
Iamright58

Pro

'EXERCISE

NOUN

1.activity requiring physical effort,'

Sex requires physical effort, since the man must move his pelvis back and forth so his penis can rub against the vagina and cause ejaculation. This takes effort. Also if the women is giving oral sex she must move her head back and forth to properly suck the penis and it takes muscle power.
Also, in many studies, it shows that sex improves health.
qwzx

Con

Your definition left out " carried out especially to sustain or improve health and fitness".
So, you did not debunk my argument because burning calories is not the main reason for sex.
Iamright58

Pro

Burning calories is not the main idea
qwzx

Con

YES!!!!
Sex is not used to work out!!!
Thanks for agreeing with me.
I HIGHLY doubt that people have sex to develop more muscle or to lose weight.
Iamright58

Pro

I am not saying people have sex to lose weight, I am saying, just like jogging, running, push-ups, jumping jacks, Sex is also another exercise. Sometimes it can take over 45 minutes of penetration to ejaculate and the man can be tired of going back and forth over and over. Just like masturbation, the arm can get tired after moving for a long while, since it requires speed and force to have a good grip on the penis. The arm can later develop muscle if you want an argument that fits the definition.
I know the purpose is not what you said. But sex should be considered an exercise just like push-ups.
qwzx

Con

All of Pro's arguments have already been refuted in the beginning as I clearly stated that exercise was to improve the body. Sex does improve the body BUT, that is not the main reason. Pro repeats the same refuted argument over and over again. Since Pro's arguments are not justified then, I should win. VOTE CON!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by GoOrDin 2 years ago
GoOrDin
i wish I could vote. I am completely Con in this debate.
Posted by Stefy 2 years ago
Stefy
lol come on con why you gotta be a killjoy
Posted by Forthelulz 2 years ago
Forthelulz
I don't know... actual kcal expenditure is pretty low. If anything, it's more of an emotional exercise (gratification and companionship) than physical. Wow, when I put it like that, it seems really hollow.
@The_Know_Everything_Dude
If that were a real thing, I'd watch it, then go on the internet and complain about it.
Posted by The_Know_Everything_Dude 2 years ago
The_Know_Everything_Dude
Maybe it should be in the olympics...

...Just a suggestion...