Black-widow
Anakin

Sexual Music

Started: 1/17/2014 Category: Music

Black-widow

Pro

I made a debate base on sexual music how good or bad it is.
music is an art that everyone has a right to and every music is different cause every one is different and I hate when people gets so mad when they listen to some music and complain on how sexual it is,so if anyone can get me to see how bad sexual music is he or she would be for now called legendary.
Anakin

Con

Hello Black-widow great discussion and debate topic. I'm assuming you are talking the stance that sexual music is not bad. I will be taking the stance that it is indeed bad.

You are correct that everyone has the right to music and many other forms of art but that doesn't mean its good. People also have the right to cut their arm off but by doing so will lead to bad results. Sexual music in the wrong hands can be bad. If an underage child is listening to the lyrics they could be influenced to do some of the things that the music suggests with out knowing the consequences of their actions. Thus resulting in bad results,(std, birth,etc) meaning that its bad.
Black-widow

Pro

I understand what your saying
But every child somehow find out about sexual things sooner or later and if they do listen to song that is inappropriate for them well that mean that their parent are cool with them listen to sexual music. Let me put in this way everyone feels the need for sexual attention whether a kid or an adult so when you say is bad I don't get you cause I bet you also are into sexual things.
Anakin

Con

You say every child finds out about sexual things sooner or later that's true thanks to sexual music it tend to be sooner than later. The fact that sexual music lends to bad results fact is that I turn it's bad. Unwanted pregnaties, sexual diseases. You mixing up free will and a right and assuming its not bad. Just because someone has the right to do something doesn't mean it's good. It's good that we have the right to express ourselfs freely but it doesn't mean the action is good
Black-widow

Pro

Black-widow forfeited this round.
Anakin

Con

Anakin forfeited this round.
Black-widow

Pro

your right on what you said they shouldn't be mix up
But if your saying sexual music is what cause sexual behavior among children than you are way wrong they could get it from their friends or for crying out loud from the dam TV that's where people get their sexual behavior and I know you cant say I'm wrong cause this one is just cant question cause its the dam truth.
Anakin

Con

My opponent: But if your saying sexual music is what cause sexual behavior among children than you are way wrong they could get it from their friends or for crying out loud from the dam TV that's where people get their sexual behavior and I know you cant say I'm wrong cause this one is just cant question cause its the dam truth." (run-on sentence)

My response: What I am saying sexual music is a vessel for bad results just like the TV, so no you are not wrong on that point. But you are wrong on the argument. You said that it not bad , then blamed TV for it. If sexual TV is bad sexual music is bad also. Its not a question on which is worst, it about is sexual music bad.

I proved how sexual music is bad, my opponent had not rebuttal except to blame TV, they both are media outlets both causing the bad. One is with image and sound the other is sound but more played. Is TV more bad, maybe but thats another debate topic. Can sexual music be good, of course it can, but it also can be bad, thus my point is proven . Good debate
Posted by BittersweetRivalry 3 years ago
BittersweetRivalry
The problem with this "sexual music" isn't that it's bad, it's that it's obvious. Music used to at least try to be subtle about it's messages, but recently it has taken to instead, rapping strings of slang, curses, and sexual innuendos at the listener. For example, Nicki Minaj is very popular right now. She raps about having sex all the time, with no shame:

I wanna do you at yo Mama house, on the couch,
Do you in the bathroom of the Airplane.
Do you on a balcony, in the Taxi,
Cause I can't get enough of that thing...

Whereas other music has still managed to be subtle, metaphorical, and tasteful about how they choose to highlight sex:
Now if she does it like this, will you do it like that?
Now if she touches like this, will you touch her right back?
Now if she moves like this, will you move her like that?
Come on, shake shake, shake shake, a-shake it

Really it has nothing to do with whether songs about sex are bad or not, it has to do with how strong the message is and what the target audience is. Nicki's target audience is my age and younger, a terrifying thought to any parent. However, Metro Station's target audience is about my age as well, and their song isn't nearly as shabby as Nicki's.

This is not a matter of content but of quality.