KristinaC
emospongebob527

Sexual penetration of any kind is a form of rape.

emospongebob527

KristinaC

Pro

Disclaimer: I am not a radical feminist, but this is an idea that is rather interesting, and I actually think is based in truth.

The Argument:
Sexual penetration of any type is a form of rape.
Sexual penetration = the act of penetration for sexual stimulation.
Rape = the compelling of a person through physical force or duress to have sexual intercourse.
This argument includes but is not limited to sexual penetration commited by one's self, with permission, and by any object. While originally the argument for PIV, it is not limited to it.
Note this is not a legal debate but an argument on the idea of sexual penetration itself.

This round is for acceptance of the challenge and statement of argument.
Round 2 will be for opening arguments, 3 for rebuttals and new arguments, round 4 for final arguments and conclusions.

Extra reading for background of this debate:
http://witchwind.wordpress.com...
emospongebob527

Con

State your case.
KristinaC

Pro

Well, so much for a format.
The case is based on the idea of what sexual penetration is and does coinciding with what rape is.
Sexual penetration as in intercourse between two people involves one party forcing a part of themselves or an object into another person. The process of which does harm to the second party equal to the stimulation of the act as sex can lead to disease, pregnancy, or other pain resulting from penetration. Therefore sexual penetration causes a risk for harm or causes harm ( especially in the case of pregnancy which can kill or severely injure the woman.)
Now what makes it rape is by definition rape is the act of compelling a person through force or duress into sexual intercourse. In order to haves exist intercourse one has to literally force something into another person.
On the emotionally side, penetration is also a form of rape when you look at it from the standpoint of a person convincing them to engage in an activity that could be harmful for the purpose of personal pleasure.
One reference is the real world example of dating. In dating one party with the purpose of gaining sex from another individual by acting in a certain way until that other party gives in. Giving presents, compliments, buying dinner, and spending more time with the person is all in order to reap a benefit of having sex with them. This is a similar ideology of date rape: giving a person more and more mentally inhibiting substances until their defense is so low that they are convinced to let another person stick a piece of themselves inside them, and all for the express purpose of gaining sexual stimulation. In a normal circumstance a person would not place themselves in the resulting torture of blunt force, illness, labor, or death; but in sex these are exactly what results: blunt force in the form of a foreign object pushing inside their body, STD, carrying another living thing within themselves for a little under a year, before having to expel the living thing through very painful means, a procedure that can cause death.

Thus, sexual penetration is rape physically as it involves forcing something inside another person, outing that person at risk for pain, suffering, and death, and for the emotional aspect of lowering someone's guard and then taking advantage of their guard being let down for said sexual stimulation.
emospongebob527

Con

emospongebob527 forfeited this round.
KristinaC

Pro

KristinaC forfeited this round.
emospongebob527

Con

My apologies for forfeiting my first rebuttal round, I simply didn't have time to respond. I'd like to thank KristinaC for her interesting opening round.

>>>Well, so much for a format.<<<

My opponent seems to be implying that I broke her rules about introducing my argument in the first round. The reason why I didn't do this because I'm not supposed to present an argument of mine because I have no argument. My opponent cannot oblige me to present an argument when I don't carry the BOP unless she explicitly states in her opening round that I carry a BOP or it is shared.

>>>Sexual penetration as in intercourse between two people involves one party forcing a part of themselves or an object into another person.<<<

I agree with this statement for the most part. The only problem with this is that my opponent is attempting to undermine her own definition to make a stronger case. She defined sexual penetration as, "the act of penetration for sexual stimulation." She then went on to say that, "This argument includes but is not limited to sexual penetration commited by one's self, with permission, and by any object. While originally the argument for PIV, it is not limited to it." She never includes acts of penetration commited by oneself or with an object. She needs to argue how penetration in these forms equals rape.

>>>The process of which does harm to the second party equal to the stimulation of the act as sex can lead to disease, pregnancy, or other pain resulting from penetration.<<<

She states that sexual penetration can lead to harm of the second party and disease, pregnancy, or other pains. I agree with this statement, but it is irrelevant. Harm and these other things can result from intercourse without the compelling of the submissive party through force or duress.

>>>Therefore sexual penetration causes a risk for harm or causes harm ( especially in the case of pregnancy which can kill or severely injure the woman.)<<<

Correct, the possibility is there, but I fail to see how this makes it rape.

>>>Now what makes it rape is by definition rape is the act of compelling a person through force or duress into sexual intercourse. In order to haves exist intercourse one has to literally force something into another person.<<<

Ah, yes, but the resolution doesn't state that sexual intercourse in all forms is rape, it states that sexual penetration in all forms is rape. My opponent is attempting to move the goalposts with the above claim.

>>>On the emotionally side, penetration is also a form of rape when you look at it from the standpoint of a person convincing them to engage in an activity that could be harmful for the purpose of personal pleasure.<<<

My opponent's burden is to prove that sexual penetration in ALL forms is rape, the above claim only serves to argue in favor of penetration through sexual intercourse.

>>>One reference is the real world example of dating. In dating one party with the purpose of gaining sex from another individual by acting in a certain way until that other party gives in. Giving presents, compliments, buying dinner, and spending more time with the person is all in order to reap a benefit of having sex with them.<<<

Okay, I concede that such a thing occurs, but my opponent fails to show that the party acting in a certain way in order to reap the benefits of sex is using physical force and duress to compel the other party to have sexual intercourse.

>>>This is a similar ideology of date rape: giving a person more and more mentally inhibiting substances until their defense is so low that they are convinced to let another person stick a piece of themselves inside them, and all for the express purpose of gaining sexual stimulation<<<

No, it is simply a false comparison. Giving presents, compliments, buying dinner, etc. in order to reap the benefit of sexual intercourse is simply not using force and duress to compel someone else into sex.

>>>In a normal circumstance a person would not place themselves in the resulting torture of blunt force, illness, labor, or death; but in sex these are exactly what results: blunt force in the form of a foreign object pushing inside their body, STD, carrying another living thing within themselves for a little under a year, before having to expel the living thing through very painful means, a procedure that can cause death<<<

My opponent doesn't make her case correctly with this. In order to do this she must show that these results from having sex are likely enough to happen that sex is intrinsically geared towards these things resulting. It simply doesn't hold.

>>>Thus, sexual penetration is rape physically as it involves forcing something inside another person, outing that person at risk for pain, suffering, and death, and for the emotional aspect of lowering someone's guard and then taking advantage of their guard being let down for said sexual stimulation.<<<

I've already covered how you failed to provide an adequate justification for these things. To recap;

1. Sexual penetration =/= sexual intercourse

2. You fail to show how the things you listed necessarily result from sexual penetration.

3. You also fail to show how this makes these acts akin to compelling someone through force and duress into sexual intercourse.

KristinaC

Pro

KristinaC forfeited this round.
emospongebob527

Con

Extend my counter-arguments

Vote Con.
Posted by The_Serb 2 years ago
The_Serb
yes
Posted by MysticMansion 2 years ago
MysticMansion
My only position in this argument is that all forms of sexual penetration are sinful outside of marriage. Inside marriage some forms of sexual penetration are still sinful.

Annal and oral sex if used to the completion of the sexual act are sinful. All human sexual relations must be between only a husband and wife and must end in completion in such a way that if the women were fertile pregnancy could take place.

One biblical example is that one man was killed by God instantly for using withdrawal as a means of birth control.
Posted by itslizyall 2 years ago
itslizyall
Are you saying that sexual penetration with consent is rape?
Vote Placed by imabench 2 years ago
imabench
KristinaCemospongebob527Tied
Vote Placed by Ameliamk1 2 years ago
Ameliamk1
KristinaCemospongebob527Tied
Reasons for voting decision: While I cannot award a conduct due to Con's forfeited round, he provided more than adequate responses to Pro's points.
Vote Placed by Geogeer 2 years ago
Geogeer
KristinaCemospongebob527Tied
Reasons for voting decision: While it was poor of con to forfeit, it was even poorer of pro to forfeit thereafter. No points for arguments as this debate never really got going due to the numerous forfeits.