pallkvaran
candice

Sexual relations with animals should be allowed

pallkvaran

Pro

Let me start by making it clear that this debate is not some sort of a sick joke.

Sexual relations with animals have been a part of the human culture for a long time.
Some nations allow their citizens to have sexual relations with specific animals, others do not.
I�m not talking about underdeveloped countries in this context, examples of countries that allow this sort of behavior are Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands, Russia and Germany.

I would never have sexual relation with other animal species than humans, frankly, I find it utterly disgusting, and wish that nobody would ever find a need to do this sort of a thing.

That is, however, not the case.
Some people simply feel an urge to do this, regardless of what other people think.

Who am I to judge them?
candice

Con

An animal can in no way give consent for a person to enter into sexual relations with it. Performing sexual acts on an unconsenting animal is animal abuse and is illegal in the united states for good reason: it is unethical and wrong. That has nothing to do with looking down on a person for their beliefs. Abusing someone or something in this case for sexual fantasy should never be condoned, whatever the circumstance.
pallkvaran

Pro

Dear Candice.

I agree with you on your most basic and fundamentally important point; animal abuse is a terrible thing and should not be tolerated under any circumstances.

It is, however, not as hard as you might think, to determine whether or not the desired animal is concentious.

Almost any given species of animal has its own natural mating behavior. We, humans, are an intelligent species and can therefore learn to recognize this specific behavior, and if that is what we prefer, act accordingly.

Many species engage in sexual activities with the consent of both of the involved parties, this is simply a fact, and cannot be denied. Not all animals mate by abusing each other, do they?

I know that the man or the woman planing to seduce a given sheep, will not share the typical glass of wine over a romantic candlelit dinner, in order to do so.
I also know that the man or the woman will not flirt with the sheep, or try to seduce her in any verbal way.
The man, or the woman, will observe the sheep's behavior and determine whether or not intercourse is desired.

Finally, I will ask you to think about the following;
How do we, humans, determine if intercourse with each other is desired?
It is indeed very rare to simply ask about it; "hey, would you like to mate with me now?" I think not.

We do it just like all the other animals, we observe each other, we touch, feel , and look at each other in a certain way.
Most of the time, we use body language to determine weather or not intercourse is desired.

We can, indeed, do the same in regard to animals.
candice

Con

Ha! I know when I look into the eye's of a sheep there is a connection... seriously, come on! The very idea of this being legal is ridiculous. If this practice were to be made legal, could you then legally marry an animal? Then, anyone could just go to the store, and purchase a sex slave. This is not exceptable behavior. How then could any animal report someone who's raping them? THEY CANT... because THEIR AN ANIMAL... who's orfaces's you should not penetrate. There's no way this could be controlled, and there would be no assurance that people weren't abusing dogs, sheep, monkeys, turtles, whatever. It just isn't morally plausible. Different species of animals have different sizes of genitalia so how could you know that a human having sex with them wouldn't internally injure them? This is completely taboo!
pallkvaran

Pro

Well, Candice - have the lambs stopped screaming?

As I stated earlier, I am not arguing in favor of animal abuse. Of course it should not be legal to have sex with animals whose' genitalia is too small to en devour the intercourse. Arguing in favor of such a thing would be utterly absurd.
I seem to have convinced you on the subject of our former argument; we can indeed see whether or not some animals desire intercourse. Since you have not presented further arguments against this point, I consider that case as closed.

This is a good thing, because that tells me that this is a mature debate; I will listen to, and consider your arguments carefully and you are doing the same.

You made a very important point in your argument; how can animals protect themselves from abuse, since they are unable to speak?
Raping animals can of course, and will not be tolerated. This issue has to be handled carefully by the respective authorities just like any other social problem.
Consider this; Why do we allow people to have children without keeping an eye on them until the child can speak?
Parents can, and sometimes do, abuse their children. This is a disgusting problem, and I wish I wouldn't be forced to bring it up, it is, however closely related to the issue you brought up.
The answer is trust Cadice.
We trust parents because most of them would never harm their children.
We trust people to behave in an ethic manner, even when we are not watching.
When we find out that people have failed the trust we put in them, we put them behind bars and punish them or try to fix them.

The same goes for our debate. A man found guilty of abusing animals in some way should be charged, found guilty, and put behind bars.
We must, however, trust, until our trust is broken.

The last argument was about whether or not people should be allowed to marry the animals they find themselves to be in love with. This could be good material for another debate, but I will not discuss that issue here, but will only say that I would not allow such a thing. Some people do disagree with me on this subject, but so be it, for now, at least.

I have answered all of the concerns you presented in the first two rounds by now. I ask you to consider my arguments carefully, without prejudice.

Let me finish by asking you a simple question; what if the animal has the initiative for intercourse? Do we have the right to forbid other people to enjoy that initiative in their own privacy?
I think that the answer is no, we do not have the right to meddle in other peoples� business in that manner. What other people do in their own homes is none of my business, as long as it is not hurting anybody.

candice

Con

candice forfeited this round.
Posted by ImAPanicBomb447 9 years ago
ImAPanicBomb447
Read the work of Peter Singer; a Utilitarian who holds the belief that mutually gratifying bestiality is okay. It's very interesting, and I think that I agree with Pro on this one... even though sheep-plowing isn't my bag.
Posted by wingnut2280 9 years ago
wingnut2280
I think PRO far and away won the debate. The fact that this vote is SO close speaks to the voting issues on this site.
Posted by schoolglutton 9 years ago
schoolglutton
Candice hardly used any reason in her arguments and was mostly ranting. The little real argument she did present was countered nicely by pallkvaran. I don't see how she got any votes at all.

Besides, once you go sheep, you never go back . . . just kidding
Posted by Darth_Grievous_42 9 years ago
Darth_Grievous_42
While I in no way agree with Pro, he provided a much better arguement, and these are, or should be, based on who won the arguement, not who has the better side. So I voted for pro, although I can in no way agree with the statement.
Posted by PreacherFred 9 years ago
PreacherFred
I think Candice was doing well but she forfeited. I believe having sex with animals is nothing more than self-gratification.
Posted by radical_judge 9 years ago
radical_judge
I think candice did a great job, made some great points.

The Pro, obviously had time to think before posting what the cons will be, he already has his argument put together. He did a good job.

Its hard for me to be pro, because he selected countries that is listed in the Trafficking in Persons Report done in
June 12, 2007.
http://www.state.gov...

There is a problem when it comes to sexual abuse. We've seen the undercover stories done by Oprah, CNN, Current. etc.

If we have perverts willing to force kids (boys and girls ) to be sex slaves, I'm sure they will go with animals when they can not afford to be with a 6yr old.

If I have to debate between sex with a 6yr or an animal, both are disgusting but I believe the Child's safety is more important.

If they want to abuse animals, the authorities should keep them on profile because they are sick and desperate to satisfy their sexual needs. Mentally ill people like that are capable of anything.
Posted by goldspurs 9 years ago
goldspurs
I have to agree with my fellow commentors. I do not agree with the Pro, but he provided a much stronger case.
Posted by jemual 9 years ago
jemual
Good day to all the peoples (peoples nowadays are considered in the modern dictionary). I believe that Sexual relationships with animals must NOT be allowed. Obviously, everyone does. Would anyone like a spouse with no thinking.

But the con was stating her feelings and everything which turned out bad

While the pro (even if I wasn't agreeing to this) gave out his arguments

In a debate, we see the arguments being presented not the way we feel or what we believe that is right.

Way to go Pallkvaran, you had better arguments but I wasn't really convinced in having Sexual relationships with animals.
Posted by willact723 9 years ago
willact723
the Con didn't even really debate the Pro. She just got really pissed about the idea and said it was disgusting. Way to go Pro! I'm proud that you were able to seriosly debate a taboo issue...even it is majorly messed up ;)
Vote Placed by RequireTruth 8 years ago
RequireTruth
pallkvarancandiceTied
Vote Placed by b3rk 9 years ago
b3rk
pallkvarancandiceTied
Vote Placed by danny445 9 years ago
danny445
pallkvarancandiceTied
Vote Placed by Logical-Master 9 years ago
Logical-Master
pallkvarancandiceTied
Vote Placed by kenicks 9 years ago
kenicks
pallkvarancandiceTied
Vote Placed by ImAPanicBomb447 9 years ago
ImAPanicBomb447
pallkvarancandiceTied
Vote Placed by DeKHaole 9 years ago
DeKHaole
pallkvarancandiceTied
Vote Placed by Zaglossus 9 years ago
Zaglossus
pallkvarancandiceTied
Vote Placed by easy2know 9 years ago
easy2know
pallkvarancandiceTied
Vote Placed by Partyboat 9 years ago
Partyboat
pallkvarancandiceTied