blackrosetiff
girlygreatdebater

Sexualising the Underage.

blackrosetiff

Con

Have you ever walked into a store that is suppose to be for young girls between the ages of 5 and 12?

These stores are full of short skirts and skimpy tops. These, my dear people are what children are wearing in this age. I walk around the local mall and I am appalled and disgusted at what children are wearing. Sure, I believe in freedom to express yourself, but this is ridiculous. Parents are allowing their young girls to dress in skimpy clothing. What a great way to attract sexual predators.

Maybe I'm the only one that thinks this but I think people need to stand up and not allow their children to dress this way.
girlygreatdebater

Pro

While I agree with your views, I have not went into a store strictly for young girls and pre-teens that have super mini skirts etc... And if they do sell mini skirts, they are attached to a pair of leggings or stockings. Stores that do sell small things are only going by a typical range, because girls those ages aren't developed enough for the clothing to be sexualized.

I have read articles about more hormones being added to our foods that make girls develop at a more faster rate. Thus outfits that may have looked like they were for a 12 year old would now be smaller because girl are developing more. Just think about a typical 12 year old child 10-15 years ago, then one today. I've noticed myself that girls that are preteens are looking more like college students.

These preteen girls are not shopping in age appropriate stores, they are shopping at store for juniors and young ladies.

Overall I don't think the stores should be blamed or teens but more so the parents and media.
blackrosetiff

Con

blackrosetiff forfeited this round.
girlygreatdebater

Pro

girlygreatdebater forfeited this round.
blackrosetiff

Con

blackrosetiff forfeited this round.
girlygreatdebater

Pro

girlygreatdebater forfeited this round.
Posted by TheEnergyHippo 4 years ago
TheEnergyHippo
If the girls like it, there is no problem. So you prefer a girl to be wearing a cloth that covers her entire body in summer?
Posted by Mikal 4 years ago
Mikal
Granted it is a kid but to the comment below me, girls can wear whatever they want. If it helps them get a job, let them wear it lol. Not that I am for this with kids, but just older girls
Posted by Sandy8 4 years ago
Sandy8
blackrosetiff, trust me, you are NOT the only one who thinks this way, I am completely on board with you.
Honestly, the clothing these days for girls is much too revealing. It makes me wonder what's exactly wrong with society these days.
Posted by Valar_Morghulis 4 years ago
Valar_Morghulis
So what is the position of the Con then?

That its perfectly OK for children to wear whatever they want. The topic is very unclear.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 4 years ago
Ragnar
blackrosetiffgirlygreatdebaterTied
Reasons for voting decision: FAIL