nonentity
Miz_Ro

Short Story Challenge (2)

nonentity
Started: 12/2/2010 Category: Arts

Miz_Ro

Con

I accept this debate challenge. (Is that what I'm supposed to do here in round 1? I'm new here. This is my first debate. I chose this one because well, writing is something I already know how to do without learning any new terms for this site. I hope there's no new terms in this debate. Because the site is new to me and I had trouble setting up an account and couldn't get all the details right in my profile and such, so I need this first debate to not be too difficult.)

I will accept the Romace category (of course!). (That's what I'm supposed to do, right? I chose Romance because I'm a naturally romantic person.)
Miz_Ro

Con

After finishing my story, I realized that even though I picked Romance I was influenced by the other 2 choices!!

The story is 7999 characters with spaces.

Since, yes, no italics I also put my story online. I made an account at a publishing website for this. I hope the voters don't let all the flashing lights at the website distract them as much as they distracted me. Also I hope the link works because I haven't posted a link here before, LOL. At the bottom of the web page you can make the story pages bigger and easier to read.

http://www.scribd.com...

Thank you for a fun first debate!
Posted by Miz_Ro 6 years ago
Miz_Ro
Thanks! I liked yours too. It reminded me of Octavio Paz or an early Dean Koontz story I read.
Posted by nonentity 6 years ago
nonentity
Wow---great story. Just about to read it a second time.
Posted by Miz_Ro 6 years ago
Miz_Ro
Sure, everything's fine!
Posted by nonentity 6 years ago
nonentity
I'd still abide by the 8000 character rule.
Posted by nonentity 6 years ago
nonentity
Miz_Ro---I'm in the process of a story, but Italics are an essential component of it. Unfortunately, I don't think we can Italicize in a "debate", so would it be okay if I posted it online first and then linked to it here?
Posted by nonentity 6 years ago
nonentity
"I would like to take this one and even have a story ready but do I have to wait until Round 2 to post it?

If so, I won't be able to take it because I'm going away for the weekend in an hour or so."

Sorry, Brian, I don't know how I missed your comment. Yes, you would have had to wait until round 2. Hope you're having a nice trip :)
Posted by nonentity 6 years ago
nonentity
Hm. Definitely will not be choosing that one haha Alright, here we go!
Posted by Miz_Ro 6 years ago
Miz_Ro
Like a painting telling its story. Like "Night Gallery".
Posted by nonentity 6 years ago
nonentity
It should be 8000, but if you start to reply it should show you. What do you mean by talking portrait?
Posted by Miz_Ro 6 years ago
Miz_Ro
Oh, OK, I see. Well, then:

Angst
The Talking Portrait
Comedy

Like that?
Also, what was the word limit again?
Vote Placed by rogue 5 years ago
rogue
nonentityMiz_RoTied