Shorter School Year

Please accept this debate. First round is acceptance.

I accept. I will ask for you to be patient as i have a tournament this weekend but I am awaiting your first argument.

Plus, a shorter school year could put a burden on families where both parents work.

"These days three months is hard on parents, what to do with your kids, keeping them safe. To make that longer would be hard on the families," she said.

First of all you are agreeing with me with your quote on how short school years do harm. I will accept what you have said as I am con fighting to keep the status quo of a normal school year. You have the burden of proof and as all you have said is agree with my case I shall just go through my arguments.

1: Difficulty to teachers "They've increased the standards. Then to lower the number of days they have to do it - it's going to be hard on the teachers,"[] Teachers are already under a great deal of stress and shortening our school year will just make it more difficult for our people to catch up to the people learning in other countries. This leads on to my second point.

2: America is already behind in education.[] Lowering the amount of school days when we are already behind in education is just pure nonsense. We are lacking in these areas such as math(25th) and reading(14th) and we wish to lower it even more by shortening the school year.

My opponent even agrees to the con view, It would be difficult on teachers, and we are already behind on education.

I would write more but I am tired and my opponent has no case.

iholland95 forfeited this round.

Half my debates are freaking forfeitures. Just vote for me. :(
Posted by baseballkid 3 years ago
I would love to do this debate with you if you would change the criteria so that i could join. This would be a really fun debate.
Posted by iholland95 3 years ago
Based on US school systems (high school in particular)
Posted by Samyul 3 years ago
based on what school system? China? US? Private Schools? Public?
Posted by baseballkid 3 years ago
I would join but I am not permitted to do so.
Vote Placed by G0102676 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Con