tkemp
The_Historian

Shoud Homework Be Banned?

The_Historian

tkemp

Pro

Homework should be banned, most people do not learn anything from homework. The average 7 hour day in school is more than enough time to learn something. Instead of schools treating students as prisoners, they should treat students as individuals. If students were not stuck doing hours of homework every night, they could get a job, help the community, and help the economy. These students would be getting real life work experience, which they can use in their future careers.
The_Historian

Con

I need a clarification on your definition of homework. Do you mean work that is not finished in class cannot be assigned to finish at home or do you mean teachers cannot assign new work to do at home?

Homework should not be banned. Homework has it's value in our children's education. Have you not heard the term practice makes perfect? Homework allows our children to continue to practice different subjects in order to improve their own understanding of them. I am not saying teachers should give students five hours of homework a day, that is absurd, I am only saying a little bit of homework will not hurt our children, it will only improve. Furthermore there is enough time in the day to do homework, do extra curricular activities, hangout with your friends or find a job after school. I do it, my friends do it and so do their friends. That is a matter of time management not homework. Lastly there is enough time for our children to work once they finish school, homework improves your education which will improve your chances of finding a better job later in life.

What I said:
I) Homework has it's value in our children's education
II) Homework allows our children to continue to practice different subjects
III) I am not saying teachers should give students five hours of homework a day
IV) There is enough time in the day to do homework, do extra curricular activities, hangout with your friends or find a job after school
V) There is enough time for our children to work once they finish school, homework improves your education which will improve your chances of finding a better job later in life.
tkemp

Pro

tkemp forfeited this round.
The_Historian

Con

What I said:

I want to thank pro for a good debate, vote well fellow debaters!
Posted by toamatt26 3 years ago
toamatt26
ah, nice. 180 day voting period.
Posted by Maxxifide 3 years ago
Maxxifide
Homework should not be banned there should be restrictions to it but it should not be banned.
Vote Placed by ej3467273 3 years ago
ej3467273
tkempThe_HistorianTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro ff.